First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
RE #9: I liked the Bronco interior. I wanted a Bronco but I couldn't afford it. Much more comfortable inside that thing.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Being able to put the rear locker on in 4 HI (on the go, and to have an automatic option/mode for it)
- tazer
Auto up down on all 4 windows
- id like this but really worth make a video for this?
Frameless doors
- thatd be nice but it is also nice to know that my framed windows will never fail.
360 camera
- i dont understand the obsession with cameras nowadays.
Light control (cool feature that I hadn't seen before)
- idont even know what this is.
Better seats
- my seats are great
Better mounting system behind front seats
- for mounting what?
Move the 4WD buttons above the dash
6 Aux switches and at eye level
- 6 aux switches? What are we bulding now a christmas tree?
Easily remove the fender flares
- offroading without fenders is not fun. I rather have the high clearance fenders of the wrangler which can actually articulate. Why do you even want to remove the fenders on the Bronco? The thing cant even articulate.

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
12 things Wrangler has Bronco needs:

1. A front solid axle with a real swaybar disconnect
  2. A wide selection of capable power trains
  3. A hardtop that works
  4. An engine bay that doesnā€™t look like the engine blew up
  5. A soft top with a cargo access that is not ridiculous to open
  6. Easy to lift and modify
  7. No dealer games and no ridiculous markups
  8. Availability
  9. A well finished interior
  10. Availability
  11. Not be a Ford
  12. Availability
13. TOW TRUCK

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Most of these things require tradeoffs. Personally, I don't want to make that tradeoff for most of them.

>Being able to put the rear locker on in 4 HI
Electric only change. Fine.

>Auto up down on all 4 windows
Simple switch change. Fine.

>Frameless doors.
NO. Do NOT Want. If you want open air, take the d*mn doors off.

>360 camera
Requires additional cameras. Do NOT Want.

>Light control (cool feature that I hadn't seen before)
This is really only useful if you're adding side turn lights to your mirrors, which I don't think the JL has in the US, unless I've missed it on some option group. I suppose they could add that. But more complexity and weight on removable mirrors. Meh.

>Better seats
The older I get the more I want the best possible car seats. There appears to be no upward bound on my greed in this area. Keep them manual not electric, though. And since there's a cost consideration, you probably only put the premium seats on upmarket trims like Sahara/Rubicon.

>Better mounting system behind front seats
Meh.

>Move the 4WD buttons above the dash
Meh.

>6 Aux switches and at eye level
You want this, or you want fold down front windscreen? Or It's even more stuff that gets mounted on the rollbar. Do NOT Want.

Easily remove the fender flares
Makes no sense on the JL with lights in the flares. Are we going back to lights in the grill? Do NOT Want.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ive enjoyed some of his videos. his jeep lift kit comparo video was a big help in choosing mine.

surprised he didnt mention the body mounted mirrors. thats a big plus the bronco has.

he discusses the seats and says theyre vinyl but didnt say he would prefer the jeep seats be vinyl. i would. i think that's a great option. also the rubbererized flooring. another great option bronco has.

he's absolutely right about the 35" option being available on all trim levels. that's a massive plus for bronco. jeep could make WAY more money if they offered the XR package on Sports and Saharas. the people who buy rubicons (posers and real users) are still going to buy them regardless. the people who buy Sports are still going to buy Sports and would easily spend the extra $4k for factory warranty covered 35s. people who wants fully loaded luxury saharas would easily spend another $4k for factory 35s.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I donā€™t want a manufacturer to pick what 35s I want. I want pizza cutters not 315/70s. I donā€™t want m/t because they tear up my driveway and suck on packed snow and ice. Iā€™m fine with upgrading later.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As for aldo98229's comment about the Bronco needing "A soft top with a cargo access that is not ridiculous to open"....does the Jeep have that? I haven't taken delivery of my soft top JL yet, and the JK I previously had was a hardtop, but from what I've seen the soft top cargo access on the Jeep looks like a complete PITA!
You can open the rear window on Wranglerā€™s soft top, roll it up or remove completely.

You canā€™t do any of that on Bronco. The entire rear section lifts up like a giant clam shell, wrinkling the entire top and the side windows.

See min 1:34. No matter how ā€œcoolā€ Ford claims it to be; it is the most retarded idea to access the cargo area.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I stopped a a Ford dealership and looked a a couple of Broncos in stockā€¦I am not an anti Ford guyā€¦my wife drives a Ford Edge Sport. That said the interior looks cheap, the grab handles are flimsy, and those windows that drop 1/2 inch before opening are too slow resulting in the glass getting caught on the weatherstrip when opening, resulting in window ā€œwigglingā€. There are no doubt some good features but quality is missing. Iā€™m not saying Jeep doesnā€™t have issues, but Iā€™m less inclined to think Bronco will dent the Jeep.

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
My issue with TR is that he needs four days to load up all his crap and an entire convoy just to go camping for two days.

He has a video where he goes camping ā€œsolo.ā€ He spends 30 minutes showing all the crap he ā€œneededā€ just to be by himself for one night.

As someone said already, his videos are one long infomercial.
Totally agree, I watching one of his lately when they were in the Anza Berrago with all his friends.......It was more product, and camp side than the actual trail. It def felt like an infomercial. blah blah blah blah , followed by 3 mins of ACTUAL trail footage. Also getting tired of all the cooking footage.... yea yeh yeah we know you make interesting meals on the trail, but its getting too repetitive. I think he has gotten away from what the original draw was to the channel.

Sponsored

Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Clubs

12 things Wrangler has Bronco needs:
  1. A front solid axle
  2. A real swaybar disconnect
  3. A wide selection of capable power trains
  4. A hardtop that works
  5. An engine bay that doesnā€™t look like the engine blew up
  6. A soft top with a cargo access that is not ridiculous to open
  7. Is easy to lift and modify
  8. No dealer games or ridiculous markups
  9. Availability
  10. A well finished interior
  11. Availability
  12. Is not a Ford
I got to take a Bronco badlands on the dome plateau trail earlier this year, so I figure Iā€™ll throw my 2 cents on this.

1. Pros and cons to each, for Moab a solid is definitely superior, and ford definitely didnā€™t use a strong enough steering set up for the Bronco.

2. I will admit, the broncos sway bar disconnect is pretty awesome, I flexed the Bronco all out and then dropped the tire by about a foot mid obstacle. The tire still didnā€™t touch the ground, but it was closer.

I think pairing a disconnect like that with an SFA would be an awesome combo.

3. Agreed, the 2 on the Bronco isnā€™t enough options, but the low end torque on the 2.7 is pretty great.

4. Totally agreed, the hardtop on the Bronco is a shit show.

5. This one made me laugh. It is definitely messy in a Bronco, but I also donā€™t like superfluous engine covers. That being said the mess that is the Bronco engine bay has been having some very real consequences of details getting overlooked by QA (coolant lines touching pulleys, hose clamps not tightened, etc.)

6. I found the tip up design functional, but ugly.

7. Iā€™m not convinced the Bronco is actually that much more difficult to lift once you compare swapping links too. that being said, I havenā€™t tried to lift a Bronco or a modern Jeep so total speculation.

8. Completely agreed. This is part of why Iā€™m on this forum and went to test drive several different Jeeps today. (Which, for my first time driving a modern Jeep, I have to say that comfort wise even on road I found it easily on par with the Bronco, if not better.)

9. Also a large part of why Iā€™m looking at Jeeps right now.

10. The fit and finish of the Bronco was definitely not as well done as the Jeep, but I actually liked the layout and size of the Bronco interior better (minus the super flimsy, awkwardly placed grab handles).

11. Yeah, availability sucks, and Ford seems dead set on screwing over the most enthusiastic customers/early orderers in favor of walk in orders.

12. Totally agree, see #11.

Last edited:

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
One thing the Bronco desperately needs is their own online forum, run along now and go post your Bronco cr@p on your own forum.
Yes their own forum so they can all circle jerk on how much they admire their FJ Cruiser wannabeā€¦ā€¦

Last edited: