Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Every day brings a new video of something that broke down on a Ford Bronco, or of a Bronco that broke down completely.

It’s gotten to the point that whenever I see a Ford Bronco with the top and the doors removed, I don’t know anymore if the owner did it intentionally...or if they just fell off... 😫
Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Recon: 10 things Bronco has that the Jeep Wrangler needs 1641304679527

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I think he is retired from the Air Force if I remember it. Would like to meet him in person
Hey now he's a squid, let's not denigrate him more than deserved by calling him a chairforce person.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Holy crap, is that real or did they forget to close the top or something?:surprised:

Very real. What I find most hilarious is the dozens of posts saying he's lying, left the top open, there's no way it got through, etc, then the thread is suddenly quiet after this video gets posted :LOL:

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Which route did you go to get your lockers to work in 4hi ?
My JL has a full time 4wd rear axle, so there is nothing special to get lockers on in 4hi. Just hit the switch and they turn on. Factory provided :like: .

RKB

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460 and FJ

Very real. What I find most hilarious is the dozens of posts saying he's lying, left the top open, there's no way it got through, etc, then the thread is suddenly quiet after this video gets posted :LOL:
WTF! That is too bad feel sorry for them. Where do they live I missed it?

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed

Wow, that’s NUTS. Though i guess with how saggy and loose the tops on those looks, a good strong wind being able to push stuff in makes sense. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This thread still going. :lipssealed:

This was my morning coffee reading. Its already posted. Little slow today. I wonder if a Jeep soft top sitting out in a full blown 70mph blizzard just how much lift around top would act like this and let wind driven snow in. I can understand how wind driven snow would actually blow under and upward into hood area.

Just thinking aloud what might happen with even a Jeep. Anyone up north ever parked one outside in a full-blown blizzard?

Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I actually watched the video and enjoyed it. I would also add that he says in the end that he prefers the Wrangler. I agree with some of the observations too. But I don't agree on the frameless windows. I think the wrangler ones are just fine with the frames. He mentions things that I see many folks on here wishing they had. He also mentions that he prefers solid axle to IFS and wants Jeep to keep it.
The frameless windows are not good. Especially when you open the door quickly and it snags on the edge. Same thing happens with my friend's Tesla frameless windows. They look cool, but what a PITA!

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
I like the Bronco. In fact I ordered one (recently canceled).

I really think the only thing Jeeps are missing are options like XR and lockers across the different trim levels. Ford did this right in my opinion.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This thread still going. :lipssealed:

This was my morning coffee reading. Its already posted. Little slow today. I wonder if a Jeep soft top sitting out in a full blown 70mph blizzard just how much lift around top would act like this and let wind driven snow in. I can understand how wind driven snow would actually blow under and upward into hood area.

Just thinking aloud what might happen with even a Jeep. Anyone up north ever parked one outside in a full-blown blizzard?
Bronco’s soft top design has openings between the top and the side curtains, so that the sides can flex when the back is lifted up to access the cargo area. This is part of the reason the quarter panels always look wrinkled. It is through these openings that the snow got inside.

Wrangler’s soft tops completely seal the interior shut from the outside.

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Morning Jeep video. Pretty tough trail they take.

OP
OP
NewJLU2019

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired