Sponsored

Trail Rail Management System - production delays

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
I'm going to add one here, on the assumption that my delays are TRMS related as well. I ordered my JLUR on 3/27. Saw TRMS as dealer and I were going through & checking off options - figured why not? Very much a last-minute thing. Was issued a VON & then the VIN by 3/30. Things looked good for a while...

Anyway, long story short, went from D status to D1, with a ship date of June 8th. June 8th came and went & no build sheet! Called again this morning and I'm back down to D status.... WTF FCA?

Of course, mine also includes premium soft top (known delay), LED lights (known delay), manual transmission (known delay)...

At what point does this go from a 2018 model to a 2019? Very curious about that.
Sponsored

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm going to add one here, on the assumption that my delays are TRMS related as well. I ordered my JLUR on 3/27. Saw TRMS as dealer and I were going through & checking off options - figured why not? Very much a last-minute thing. Was issued a VON & then the VIN by 3/30. Things looked good for a while...

Anyway, long story short, went from D status to D1, with a ship date of June 8th. June 8th came and went & no build sheet! Called again this morning and I'm back down to D status.... WTF FCA?

Of course, mine also includes premium soft top (known delay), LED lights (known delay), manual transmission (known delay)...

At what point does this go from a 2018 model to a 2019? Very curious about that.
Same thing is happening to me. Had ship date of 6/8 was at D1 now back to D. Ordered on 4/12.

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same thing is happening to me. Had ship date of 6/8 was at D1 now back to D. Ordered on 4/12.
Sorry to hear that. Worst part was looking forward to that ship date, only to be let down.

Curious what other options our builds might have in common that could be source of delays (if not the TRMS)?

Already mentioned mines JLUR, manual, premium soft top, LEDs. Also has: black leather, remote entry, steel bumpers, safety group, premium infotainment, trailer/HD electric, cold weather package, body color fenders, all weather mats, & black polished wheels. Most of that stuff I wouldn't think would cause delays, but who knows?

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sorry to hear that. Worst part was looking forward to that ship date, only to be let down.

Curious what other options our builds might have in common that could be source of delays (if not the TRMS)?

Already mentioned mines JLUR, manual, premium soft top, LEDs. Also has: black leather, remote entry, steel bumpers, safety group, premium infotainment, trailer/HD electric, cold weather package, body color fenders, all weather mats, & black polished wheels. Most of that stuff I wouldn't think would cause delays, but who knows?
I have JLU sharia, led, safety,dual top, proximity, information systems, tan leather, trailer, same body color top, select trak, slip differential, cold weather group. All but smokers group really

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
As much as FCA exec's all need to be sent a bag of "Dick's by Mail" for how they've screwed the pooch in how how they've rolled out the JL, the real WTF should be directed to the supplier manufacturing the TRMS system for FCA. It's probably something as stupid as Supplier X won't start manufacturing Y product until it has Z number of confirmed orders.

Sponsored

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have JLU sharia, led, safety,dual top, proximity, information systems, tan leather, trailer, same body color top, select trak, slip differential, cold weather group. All but smokers group really
Yeah, same here re pretty much everything except smokers. Was told earlier that my manual trans was reason for delay over a month ago. Still, except for safety, infotainment, cold weather (all common) LEDs & TRMS, they're different enough to narrow it down to just a few possibilities. Interesting though that they both had the same scheduled build date & both got pushed back to D. Odds are pretty good it's the same reason.

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As much as FCA exec's all need to be sent a bag of "Dick's by Mail" for how they've screwed the pooch in how how they've rolled out the JL, the real WTF should be directed to the supplier manufacturing the TRMS system for FCA. It's probably something as stupid as Supplier X won't start manufacturing Y product until it has Z number of confirmed orders.
Yep. Pretty safe to assume it's supplier chain related. Given JK/JL wild popularity & bread and butter status for FCA, unfortunately those execs can get away with more production issues than other vehicles/brands can & there's not a whole lot that we consumers can do about it.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
It is amazing how many of us ordered on 4/12 (or around there) who had a ship date of 6/7 (or around there) who got bumped back ..my new ship date is now 7/9 ... told my dealer to cancel the order but they claim they can't because I am in D1 .. told them to wait 30 days from when I entered D1 (again), it will go back to D and then they can cancel it .. I will either just find something on a lot or wait until 2019 now .. all because of a $200 option

Ndrogo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It is amazing how many of us ordered on 4/12 (or around there) who had a ship date of 6/7 (or around there) who got bumped back ..my new ship date is now 7/9 ... told my dealer to cancel the order but they claim they can't because I am in D1 .. told them to wait 30 days from when I entered D1 (again), it will go back to D and then they can cancel it .. I will either just find something on a lot or wait until 2019 now .. all because of a $200 option
Same with me back to D1 with a build date of 7/2. I called dealer today and they were looking into it. I don’t expect much from them.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Same with me back to D1 with a build date of 7/2. I called dealer today and they were looking into it. I don’t expect much from them.
In my view, it is a shame that FCA has taken what should be an exciting moment (ordering a brand new vehicle) and having turned into an exercise in futility, angst and frustration for many of their customers. It boarders on deceptive business practices by allowing orders being placed on equipment that they knowingly cannot deliver upon within the originally promised timeframes and not allowing those orders to be altered or modified order to remediate the situation. OEMs and dealers live and breathe by JP Powers Surveys and Sales Satisfaction surveys ... I fully intend on providing them my honest opinion of both when the time comes

Sponsored

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that a FEATURED OPTION that was offered at rollout has not been put on its first car in the entire first half of a year. Think about that. They were so proud of this and yet 100k+ JLs have been produced and not the first one was shipped with this very simple screw-on add.

Ridiculous!

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Anyone have any clue when this Piece of Crap option will be available? Like many of you I ordered a JLUS on 4/4 with everything except the engine block heater. This C to D to D1 back to D back to D1 is BULLS**t!! No build date in sight and no answers from Jeep Don’t care hotline. Like others have said Jeep/FCA took what should be a memorable experience and made it into a frustrating and agrivating one. At this rate hopefully I’ll get my Jeep before any 2019’s are delivered.

smartace1

First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk'n Metallic
So, I am also still waiting - placed order 3/23 and it is for a fully loaded dual top with the TMS. I was told this week all parts are secured and it should go into production any day now... ship date has been moved from 6/15 after being told this to not 6/27... fingers crossed that date is held true? last 12 weeks have been the longest ever!!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I got an email from Jeep that said that all parts including the TRMS were in and the Rubi would be assembled 11 June. Guess what?

"smartace1"...but, at least, you got a new release date. My ordering is nearly identical to yours, but now my order seems to have disappeared completely. No notification of delay, status, nothing!

Last edited:

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, similar story here, and I'm not getting any solid answers from
FCA help line either. I called yesterday, but only got hazy info; that at some point I went back to D1, but he couldn't tell me when, nor if there's any "ship date" associated with my build. Just vague "it goes through factory electrical & quality tests and it could be there". Pretty much a BS answer. Will call again monday & see if anyone else knows anything.
Sponsored