Trail Rail Management System - production delays

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Just learned a spot of potentially bad news from Jeep Customer Service this morning about my order. According to Jeep Customer Service the Trail Rail Management System is supposedly not scheduled to go into to products with the supplier who makes it until May 28th. Now I'm taking this information with a grain of salt until my sales guy validates what I'm being told, however if that is indeed correct it would have been nice to know that information when I ordered or even a month ago (I placed my order 5 weeks ago). Had I known that feature wasn't even available I would have left the piss-ant $195 feature off my order. I've survived 9 years without the feature in any of my JK's, I'm sure I could survive another 9 years. Waiting for word from my sales guy, but I'm guessing this will result in either a cancel/re-order or a change order if that is even possible. We'll see...

Below is an excerpt from the e-mail I received from Jeep.

With that being said, according to a recent update provided by FCA -
vehicles ordered with the Trail Rail Management System (CMD) are not
slated to begin production until 5/28/18. Please keep in mind as this
timing is projected, it is subject to change.
Sponsored

jtbolstad

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placing order in January for Sahara JL - First time jeep owner
Just learned a spot of potentially bad news from Jeep Customer Service this morning about my order. According to Jeep Customer Service the Trail Rail Management System is supposedly not scheduled to go into to products with the supplier who makes it until May 28th. Now I'm taking this information with a grain of salt until my sales guy validates what I'm being told, however if that is indeed correct it would have been nice to know that information when I ordered or even a month ago (I placed my order 5 weeks ago). Had I known that feature wasn't even available I would have left the piss-ant $195 feature off my order. I've survived 9 years without the feature in any of my JK's, I'm sure I could survive another 9 years. Waiting for word from my sales guy, but I'm guessing this will result in either a cancel/re-order or a change order if that is even possible. We'll see...

When I ordered mine in january, we we were told that option wouldn’t be available until late Spring. That was from our dealer so we opted not to add it on. Sorry you weren’t given correct info. I know when we ordered there was a lot of “maybes” and “not sure” on options because of the lack of info Jeep was giving out.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I ordered mine in january, we we were told that option wouldn’t be available until late Spring. That was from our dealer so we opted not to add it on. Sorry you weren’t given correct info. I know when we ordered there was a lot of “maybes” and “not sure” on options because of the lack of info Jeep was giving out.
Yeah, the one dealer I was working with told me it was showing it couldn't be ordered, but then a week or two later when I was working with the dealer I ultimately ordered from they said it was showing up and could be ordered leaving me with the expectation that whatever delays there may have been were resolved. Ooops...

What rub's me wrong is how there was little or no communication that the trail rail system was constrained. Someone somewhere was aware of this and it was not communicated either to the dealer or myself. I'm in purchasing and procurement for an IT reseller, it doesn't matter if I'm ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of hard drives, a thousand dollar computer or a million plus dollars of server, storage and networking equipment I will know within days if there are constraints or if product will be shipping. Apparently that's too much to ask in the automotive industry.

Reactions: Rob

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Was this an option for all trim levels? I've never even seen it.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was this an option for all trim levels? I've never even seen it.
Not sure, I've only spec'd it on a Rubicon.

Are you talking in the build and price configurator on the Jeep site or just on dealer lots?

Last edited:

Sponsored

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why even make it available for ordering if they don't have it? Definitely wouldn't have ordered it had I known.

cesarcandamoJL

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FUTURE JLU

I ordered my Jeep with the Trial Rail Rated Kit and today as was giving a delivery ETA of 05/07 - 05/11

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Not sure, I've only spec'd it on a Rubicon.

Are you talking in the build and price configurator on the Jeep site or just on dealer lots?
Haven't seen pictures anywhere other than the owners manual, and it wasn't an option at the dealer when I ordered nor have I ever seen it on the builder at Jeep.com.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
This year Jeep mixed deliveries of 2018 JKs and JLs. Now it looks like Jeep will be mixing deliveries of 2018 and 2019 JLs. If my 2018 Mojito JLUR with Trail Rail doesn't get delivered until January 2019...will it be titled as a 2019?

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I ordered my Jeep with the Trial Rail Rated Kit and today as was giving a delivery ETA of 05/07 - 05/11
Cesar,

I too ordered the trail management system on one of the few days that it was on the order system, 2/8. Did you order a 2.0L by chance? Who gave you the delivery date? I tried to have it removed over a month age and the dealer said it couldn't be removed. I'm hopeful that your delivery holds true!

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Cesar,

I too ordered the trail management system on one of the few days that it was on the order system, 2/8. Did you order a 2.0L by chance? Who gave you the delivery date? I tried to have it removed over a month age and the dealer said it couldn't be removed. I'm hopeful that your delivery holds true!
So they had it up available for order and then they took it down again?

Oh FCA, you had 11 years to get this launch right. :facepalm:

cesarcandamoJL

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FUTURE JLU
Cesar,

Hey Bill,

I order on 02/23 but the 3.6 engine. I got the ETA from the Jeep Chat yesterday but I will check again today as I always check the status of my order every weekday lol.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm wondering if the May 28th date is the launch of all the 200+ assessories that were mentioned at launch and not the basic rail system. ? Hopeful

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my 2018 Mojito JLUR with Trail Rail doesn't get delivered until January 2019...will it be titled as a 2019?
No
I'm wondering if the May 28th date is the launch of all the 200+ assessories that were mentioned at launch and not the basic rail system. ? Hopeful
The way I read what they advised on is the supplier they're procuring the trail rail management system from won't begin producing it until May 28th. If that is indeed the case, it should not have been an option they allowed to be configured.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No

The way I read what they advised on is the supplier they're procuring the trail rail management system from won't begin producing it until May 28th. If that is indeed the case, it should not have been an option they allowed to be configured.
yep, or build that dang jeep and mail it out! I think I could install the thing!:mad:
Sponsored