Sponsored

Trail dust reveals a mystery. . . theories?

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Took the our Silver Spur out to Big Bend NP last week and ran a couple easy, fun, scenic trails (Old Or Rd and River Rd). Back at camp at the end of day 1, I noticed a strange geometric pattern on the left rear (OEM black plastic) fender that became visible courtesy of the clouds of trail dust we kicked up. The pattern did not appear on the other fenders. Hmmm, what the? I don't own anything of that snaky shape. I don't recall an alien tire tread landing softly on it. Manufacturing / moulding process ghost? Slight variation in the composition or texture of the fender? Change in the surface due to installation i.e. robotic suction tool that handles the fender? Message from the future?

Bring on the theories and perhaps the answer. . .

jeep dust mystery.jpg
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
New age crop circle.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
The aliens are marking jeeps to abduct and try out on thier home planets. Maybe the steering wont be so flighty in heavier/lower gravity

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Took the our Silver Spur out to Big Bend NP last week and ran a couple easy, fun, scenic trails (Old Or Rd and River Rd). Back at camp at the end of day 1, I noticed a strange geometric pattern on the left rear (OEM black plastic) fender that became visible courtesy of the clouds of trail dust we kicked up. The pattern did not appear on the other fenders. Hmmm, what the? I don't own anything of that snaky shape. I don't recall an alien tire tread landing softly on it. Manufacturing / moulding process ghost? Slight variation in the composition or texture of the fender? Change in the surface due to installation i.e. robotic suction tool that handles the fender? Message from the future?

jeep dust mystery.jpg
I go with message from the future: "Buy a Sahara with body color fenders"

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I bet that matches the pattern of the structure underneath the fender. The temperature and humidity must have been just right for the dust to only stick where the density of the was higher or maybe lower?

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Im very interested in this, please keep us posted lol

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
It’s a never before seen Jeep Easter egg. It’s part of a treasure map to the Lost Dutchman mine. Just need to find the three matching fenders and assemble the map correctly.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

jeep dust mystery.jpg
Just update. Ran across this today in the parking lot at work. An older Jeep JK 2 door, with fenders what looks to be stripped down to bare under parts. May account for the geometric shape you have encountered with the "dust".

Jeep Fender.jpg

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Could it be... a secret code,,, similar to those once used by 15th century Knights Templars?

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Just update. Ran across this today in the parking lot at work. An older Jeep JK 2 door, with fenders what looks to be stripped down to bare under parts. May account for the geometric shape you have encountered with the "dust".

Jeep Fender.jpg
Nah... Those are bushwacker fenders.

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Ancient Apache tribal spirit message, “Don’t tread on me.”