Trading in my '18 JLUR for a 392 Xtreme Recon

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I ordered mine last week and i'm told I have a firm build date 8/16 and a ship date of 8/31. Stingray 392 with XR, no gorilla glass (forgot to order and now its too late to add). my ship date appears very optimistic.
so, you’re already in D1?!
Sponsored

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Thats what it sounds like.
You dealer should be able to confirm your D1 status for you. Unfortunately it looks like the only chat to check status no longer gives you the code...or at least that is what they just told me.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
You dealer should be able to confirm your D1 status for you. Unfortunately it looks like the only chat to check status no longer gives you the code...or at least that is what they just told me.
Yeah, the chat seems kinda pointless this time around.

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
Yeah. I try not to bother the dealer more than once a week especially since I know production cannot start until mid-august anyway. I will try to reach out again later this week for possible status change.

Sponsored

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Question about the base price. The OP’s base price (as well as the builder on Jeep.com) lists the base msrp as 73,500.

My order sheet lists it as 74,195. This is set by the factory right? Can someone explain the source of the difference? Assuming the dealer has no control over. Thanks…

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Question about the base price. The OP’s base price (as well as the builder in Jeep.com) lists the base msrp as 73,500.

My order sheet lists it as 74,195. This is set by the factory right? Can some explain the source of the difference? Assuming the dealer has no control over. Thanks…
Yeah base price went up recently.

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Question about the base price. The OP’s base price (as well as the builder on Jeep.com) lists the base msrp as 73,500.

My order sheet lists it as 74,195. This is set by the factory right? Can someone explain the source of the difference? Assuming the dealer has no control over. Thanks…
that include shipping charge?

Sponsored

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Starting my journey to a 392 today. I got it for sticker with no delivery fee so I don't feel too bad with all things considered. This thing is expensive but the smiles per gallon will be worth it to me. I will update here as things move along.

Jul 12 Ordered
Jul 14 D status/VIN assigned

Jeep Wrangler JL Trading in my '18 JLUR for a 392 Xtreme Recon Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.43.18 PM

EDIT:
Adding my TODO List. I have a load of work to knock out on my JLUR before I trade it on. The g/f vandalized my dry erase board when I wasn't looking :CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Trading in my '18 JLUR for a 392 Xtreme Recon Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.43.18 PM
The use of the whiteboard has me grinning ear to ear and laughing my ass off =)

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
The use of the whiteboard has me grinning ear to ear and laughing my ass off =)
Yes, she's a keeper

I actually knocked out almost everything today. This will make for a good excuse to clean and repaint all the rock rash spots on my bumpers and sliders.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I ordered mine last week and i'm told I have a firm build date 8/16 and a ship date of 8/31. Stingray 392 with XR, no gorilla glass (forgot to order and now its too late to add). my ship date appears very optimistic.
That would be awesome I hope it holds true!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Here's what is really odd... I looked at a new Jeep online at an AutoNation in Texas, the MSRP was around $53,800... When I went to my local AutoNation dealer in Northeast TN to inquire about buying it, they showed the MSRP at almost $60,000... For the exact same vehicle... When I pulled up the window sticker, it clearly showed the same price that it was listed online, but apparently the MSRP specific to our area was a LOT higher...
Sponsored