Sponsored

Trading in my '18 JLUR for a 392 Xtreme Recon

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I ordered mine last week and i'm told I have a firm build date 8/16 and a ship date of 8/31. Stingray 392 with XR, no gorilla glass (forgot to order and now its too late to add). my ship date appears very optimistic.
Interesting, I ordered 7/16 and no date yet. I do have GG on the build.
Sponsored

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Not understanding how there's no shipping cost? Thought everyone paid that?

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
You have a good and rare dealership. I believe half of the dealers subscribe to ADMs. The rest would like to but somehow ethics win them over. Folks like myself never forget the former..........
Have fun with the beast. I know I'm really stoked.

MNML_OVRLND

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
A question about your current jeep / ordering custom from Jeep.

I am assuming you are trading / selling your current jeep based on you removing all the mods.

Do you negotiate a trade in value at the point where you order the new jeep and then hold onto it / use it until the new build arrives? I have never custom ordered a car and always just traded in on the lot when I have bought new. Are you trading it in to the dealership you ordered the 392 from, or are you selling it separately?

I have never understood how this would work. Was thinking of ordering an Extreme Recon Rubicon since they are available for order now but wasn't sure how that would work since I would want to trade in my current Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
A question about your current jeep / ordering custom from Jeep.

I am assuming you are trading / selling your current jeep based on you removing all the mods.

Do you negotiate a trade in value at the point where you order the new jeep and then hold onto it / use it until the new build arrives? I have never custom ordered a car and always just traded in on the lot when I have bought new. Are you trading it in to the dealership you ordered the 392 from, or are you selling it separately?

I have never understood how this would work. Was thinking of ordering an Extreme Recon Rubicon since they are available for order now but wasn't sure how that would work since I would want to trade in my current Jeep.
I am trading in but most dealers will not care about your upgrades. You would get more money selling it privately or the mods on their own. In my case I removed my mods and will install them on the 392 when it comes in.

On my last custom order the dealer honored a value that we agreed on when my order was placed. On this one there will be a long delay time and the market is in constant flux. So I traded my 18 JLUR in to them a few days ago to lock in its value and will go without my main Jeep for now.

If you are okay with waiting and risking the trade in value of your jeep dipping a little you can just order now and then trade in on a value determined at the time of pickup.

Hope that helps.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
You have a good and rare dealership. I believe half of the dealers subscribe to ADMs. The rest would like to but somehow ethics win them over. Folks like myself never forget the former..........
Have fun with the beast. I know I'm really stoked.
I was able to find one (though here) that was well below MSRP. only one here locally to me was MSRP the others were 15k-30k over when ordered.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I ordered my 392 XR and have a 2011 Jk highly Modded with all the right HD stuff gears posi steering box to the tune of 50k and I’m dreading selling it out right. I’m thinking about just taking the the hit trading it in and being done with it.

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Came here to say this too
I do not disagree that it will be a great upgrade or option. But I planned to do the Z Automotive front camera upgrade for $180. It won't have the front sprayer but I can live without that.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I do not disagree that it will be a great upgrade or option. But I planned to do the Z Automotive front camera upgrade for $180. It won't have the front sprayer but I can live without that.
everything I've read is its a much lower quality camera, me personally on an $80k vehicle I wouldn't nickel and dime on that option, plenty of people have regretted not getting it.

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I ordered mine on 7/16, so only 4 days after you. Have you gotten an updated status? I was in D earlier this week. Hoping to see movement in a few weeks but ready for the long haul.

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I ordered mine on 7/16, so only 4 days after you. Have you gotten an updated status? I was in D earlier this week. Hoping to see movement in a few weeks but ready for the long haul.
No changes yet

OP
OP
IceBerg

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Maybe I hit D1 or some other status today? Not sure

Jeep chat yesterday said:
'Your vehicle is now in scheduling with parts gathering! Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest"

Instead of the usual:
"I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process"

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Maybe I hit D1 or some other status today? Not sure

Jeep chat yesterday said:
'Your vehicle is now in scheduling with parts gathering! Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest"

Instead of the usual:
"I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process"
from my talks with Jeep Chat and my dealer, that still sounds like D. I have gotten the same/similar response with mine.
Sponsored