First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
So I fell it love with my wife’s 18 JL Sahara and after seeing some Gladiators on the road, I just fell in love of having a Jeep that can also act like a truck when I need it :)

I love my ram and it has zero issues. I don’t use it for its power or towing capacity either. I just like big trucks :)

I hope I don’t regret it lol

I am picking up a 20 Gladiator Rubicon launch edition firecracker red tomorrow afternoon. Was able to get it down from 62k MSRP to $56,129 which I think was a good deal.

What are y’all opinion on this maneuver lol
Sponsored

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I will never understand trading in what is effectively a new vehicle (that you don’t have a complaint with) for another new vehicle. My comment is purely financially motivated. There is no question the only winner is the dealer, and maybe FCA. Just my opinion. I sincerely hope you enjoy the Gladiator.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Well to be completely honest. It’s your money. I have seen some tricked out Gladiators and they look pretty darn sharp.

If it’s all about the $. Not a one of us would be driving around in a Wrangler. Or trucks. Or SUVs. Or or or or......

We would ALL drive the same plain jane boring little car around.

Then guess what....

Many of us would be walking around complaining that we have the same car that our neighbors have and they are no fun to drive.

So get what you like if you can! Enjoy and best of luck!!!!!

Worst case.... this I am sure of..... in the USA we love our big trucks. So if you decide you don’t like your new wheels, you can always trade it in a few years down the road and still get good money out of it. The big trucks will still be around.

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So I fell it love with my wife’s 18 JL Sahara and after seeing some Gladiators on the road, I just fell in love of having a Jeep that can also act like a truck when I need it :)

I love my ram and it has zero issues. I don’t use it for its power or towing capacity either. I just like big trucks :)

I am picking up a 20 Gladiator Rubicon launch edition firecracker red tomorrow afternoon. Was able to get it down from 62k MSRP to $56,129 which I think was a good deal.

Your love for big trucks must have somewhat faded because the Gladiator comfort, steering, handling, etc will be nowhere close to your 2019 Limited. If you are good with that then you should be happy!

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I’m a practical guy to a fault. I probably would have kept the truck for truck stuff and drove the old lady’s Jeep for Jeep stuff.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE

You will appreciate the size difference and the attention you'll get every time you fill-up the gas tank. Good move!
DSC06050.jpeg

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Hope you enjoy your new ride.

I'd suggest checking out the sister JT forum. It should be a click away on this forum. You'll find a lot more info and people more focused on the Gladiator over there.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I can’t wait!! Thanks for all the input so far :D. I never pay off vehicles I will forever be in debt to a bank for a car payment. I have come to accept that as part of life for me lol.

The wife’s Jeep is a mall crawler as that shit sees grass and my wife yells at me lol bless her heart. I would actually attempt to do some baby off roading with my gladiator :)

C2F533A3-2FB1-4893-93B1-6AD2A3CB3270.jpeg

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Well to be completely honest. It’s your money. I have seen some tricked out Gladiators and they look pretty darn sharp.

If it’s all about the $. Not a one of us would be driving around in a Wrangler. Or trucks. Or SUVs. Or or or or......

We would ALL drive the same plain jane boring little car around.

Then guess what....

Many of us would be walking around complaining that we have the same car that our neighbors have and they are no fun to drive.

So get what you like if you can! Enjoy and best of luck!!!!!

Worst case.... this I am sure of..... in the USA we love our big trucks. So if you decide you don’t like your new wheels, you can always trade it in a few years down the road and still get good money out of it. The big trucks will still be around.
I may have been misunderstood, I’m in no way advocating buying a transportation appliance or buying the cheapest car out there. I’m simply pointing out a simple fact, trading in an almost new car is costly to the buyer.

I buy relatively expensive cars, and not necessarily practical ones, but I also keep vehicles an average of 10+ years. Cars or trucks are not investments for the average individual. Depreciation is very front end loaded so keeping them a long time will reduce the cost per unit of time.

Of course if money’s not a concern, go for it or better yet keep both vehicles. In my experience people who have money don’t waste money. That’s why they have money. Said differently, people who waste money don’t have money for long.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I can’t wait!! Thanks for all the input so far :D. I never pay off vehicles I will forever be in debt to a bank for a car payment. I have come to accept that as part of life for me lol.

The wife’s Jeep is a mall crawler as that shit sees grass and my wife yells at me lol bless her heart. I would actually attempt to do some baby off roading with my gladiator :)

Have you thought about a lesser model vs the Rubicon? For mild off-roading you don’t need a Rubicon and can easily save $6-7K or so.

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Congratulations but keep in mind you're buying a wrangler so don't expect it to drive anywhere as good as the ram but also that's what makes the jeep special. The constant steering corrections you'll need to do on the wrangler is an experience like no other. Also the gladiator is beast with a 6 inch lift. Check out stradman on YouTube.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

The Sport S looks fabulous lifted and bigger tires. I saw one at my dealer and the before and after were mind blowing. Now, if we get that J6:involve:
O yeah and congrats:like:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I think you should read “Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey. Because if you’re not a millionaire you can’t afford this maneuver.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I think you should read “Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey. Because if you’re not a millionaire you can’t afford this maneuver.
I tend to agree with this.

new Vehicles, all of them, tend to destroy personal wealth, not create it. Swapping a one year old vehicle after taking the depreciation hit for a new vehicle is a financial hit that sets some folks further back from achieving their financial goals.

That said, if the OP has achieved his goals then, there is nothing inherently wrong with this costly maneuver.
Sponsored