old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I like Texas also, and don't mind a comparison, but continuing the topic, well, belongs elsewhere. Go to the Raptor forum and brag about the Wrangler....same response. Each to their own, my opinion on this JL forum.
I guess I could boast about my Harleys, but most really wouldn't understand.
Go Jeep!
Thanks . However , the "topic" includes F-150 Raptor . It is in the thread topic .

By the way , I always cover the backs of the Harleys , and try to protect them from any bad drivers . Best regards .
Sponsored

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I can’t believe I read this entire thread. People need to relax, let to OP live his own life, he’s not attacking anyone or anything. We’re all different in many ways, each with our own needs, desires, values and means. As the famous psychologists Carl Jung said, “thinking is difficult, so people judge”. My mother always told me as a child, “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything”.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I test drove one a month ago. V6 and that turbo lag made me sick to my stomach. A Roush edition with the raptor body would be nice, but turbos on Raptor.... who buys a big ford truck with a V6. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you as you think about it each time you push the gas then wait for it to go. Lol best looking truck on the road though!

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I test drove one a month ago. V6 and that turbo lag made me sick to my stomach. A Roush edition with the raptor body would be nice, but turbos on Raptor.... who buys a big ford truck with a V6. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you as you think about it each time you push the gas then wait for it to go. Lol best looking truck on the road though!
This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. Let me tell you what I think about every time I get in the truck, I think it's damn nice to have a truck with balls! There is Zero lag with the twin turbo and with the Whipple Stage 1 Kit I just installed it now has even more balls! Nothing like having 520HP and 690TQ! :) She puts a smile on my face every time I drive her!

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. Let me tell you what I think about every time I get in the truck, I think it's damn nice to have a truck with balls! There is Zero lag with the twin turbo and with the Whipple Stage 1 Kit I just installed it now has even more balls! Nothing like having 520HP and 690TQ! :) She puts a smile on my face every time I drive her!
I was just ball busting and bet it's awesome with the new kit, but I'm sure you did it because there was lag. I do hate that they made that amazing American truck a V6 with a turbo, however love the body style and do like the Raptor a lot. I'm looking forward to the ranger version at some point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I was just ball busting and bet it's awesome with the new kit, but I'm sure you did it because there was lag. I do hate that they made that amazing American truck a V6 with a turbo, however love the body style and do like the Raptor a lot. I'm looking forward to the ranger version at some point.
Seriously I did it because I love speed! With the 10speed tranny in Baja mode, there is no lag. Pretty awesome doing 105MPH down a dirt road!

Reactions: JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Seriously I did it because I love speed! With the 10speed tranny in Baja mode, there is no lag. Pretty awesome doing 105MPH down a dirt road!

Looks like some scary a$$ fun! Be safe!

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Looks like some scary a$$ fun! Be safe!
I truly don't think you've driven a new Raptor. I had one and wish I would have kept it. As far as lag it's not the 80s anymore and lag is all but gone. Fact is it's pretty easy to keep it in the sweet spot and then there is zero lag. Are you saying the same thing to all the 2.0 people here too?

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I truly don't think you've driven a new Raptor. I had one and wish I would have kept it. As far as lag it's not the 80s anymore and lag is all but gone. Fact is it's pretty easy to keep it in the sweet spot and then there is zero lag. Are you saying the same thing to all the 2.0 people here too?
I haven't driven the 2.0, so no. I have driven several Raptors though... Doesn't seem you have though or you'd agree. In any case, Russ I'm glad he's enjoying it.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I haven't driven the 2.0, so no. I have driven several Raptors though... Doesn't seem you have though or you'd agree. In any case, Russ I'm glad he's enjoying it.
What's this "turbo lag" you keep talking about then? The Raptors don't have any to speak of so I was curious why you even bring it up. I had a 1989 Porsche 930 and those had "real turbo lag". Maybe you just haven't driven much. I guess we can both agree we love Wrangler's.

Sponsored

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
What's this "turbo lag" you keep talking about then? The Raptors don't have any to speak of so I was curious why you even bring it up. I had a 1989 Porsche 930 and those had "real turbo lag". Maybe you just haven't driven much. I guess we can both agree we love Wrangler's.
Maybe in comparison you're right I never drove an old turbo. My other vehicle has a 5.5 liter V8, so maybe that’s an unfair comparison too. And amen on the loving wrangler's. :fist bump:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Looking into getting another Jeep. I'm keeping my new truck and getting a 2 Door. I test drove a 2 Door 2.0L Rubi today. It wasn't for me. It was the only 2 Door Rubicon on the lot. It rode like crap compared to my truck, but I really think tire pressure had a lot to do with it. They were at 48PSI! Crazy! I'm going to go drive a 3.6L 2 Door and see how I like it, then I'll order one.

IMG_7369.jpeg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Looking into getting another Jeep. I'm keeping my new truck and getting a 2 Door. I test drove a 2 Door 2.0L Rubi today. It wasn't for me. It was the only 2 Door Rubicon on the lot. It rode like crap compared to my truck, but I really think tire pressure had a lot to do with it. They were at 48PSI! Crazy! I'm going to go drive a 3.6L 2 Door and see how I like it, then I'll order one.

IMG_7369.jpeg
I came from a Gen I Raptor to a 2dr Rubi with manual transmission.

Tire pressure aside, I can tell you the ride is apples vs. oranges. If you’re hoping that at 33psi the rides are comparable you’re going to be disappointed. If, on the other hand, you just want the thing to be fun and make you smile then you won’t be disappointed!

I loved my 6.2L V8. Vvvvvrrrrooooom! That said, I’m enjoying my 2dr Rubi even more. Top down, doors off, and rowing through the gears is just awesome. Mine is my DD, too, and I’ve no complaints (hour commute of stop and go traffic in each direction).

Oh, and parking a 2dr Wrangler is a heck of a lot less stressful than a Raptor, especially if you ever do any city parking.

Purposefully leaving off-road comparison out of my reply as that’s grapefruit vs. watermelons, depending on the kind of trails near where you live.

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I came from a Gen I Raptor to a 2dr Rubi with manual transmission.

Tire pressure aside, I can tell you the ride is apples vs. oranges. If you’re hoping that at 33psi the rides are comparable you’re going to be disappointed. If, on the other hand, you just want the thing to be fun and make you smile then you won’t be disappointed!

I loved my 6.2L V8. Vvvvvrrrrooooom! That said, I’m enjoying my 2dr Rubi even more. Top down, doors off, and rowing through the gears is just awesome. Mine is my DD, too, and I’ve no complaints (hour commute of stop and go traffic in each direction).

Oh, and parking a 2dr Wrangler is a heck of a lot less stressful than a Raptor, especially if you ever do any city parking.

Purposefully leaving off-road comparison out of my reply as that’s grapefruit vs. watermelons, depending on the kind of trails near where you live.
Oh, I know they will never ride the same. It's why I will not give up my Raptor. It rides like an Escalade on road and has so much room in the back for my daughter. I remembered the ride being pretty good in my JLUR, even with the 2" lift and 37s. Either the 2 and 4 door ride extremely different, the tire pressure makes a huge difference, or I'm skewed now that I'm coming out of a Raptor instead of my old JKUR that was on a 3.5" lift and 37s.

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Out with the old in with the new! :rock: 2019 Raptor! Still waiting to see what the 2020 Gladiator looks like. I'll be in GA this weekend Jumping this new beast at Durhamtown Off Road Park.
IMG_9376.JPG
Sponsored