Traded In My JLUR for F-150 Raptor

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Had a great time out this weekend with one of my best friends! The Raptor is absolutely not a Jeep, but it holds its own!

IMG_5905.JPG
Love this pic! I'm still trying to work out my steering issues and whether I keep it or wait for the Ford Ranger. Don't need to go into my steering issues here as it's all over other threads. To each his own. I have such a hard time understanding why people feel the need to be so critical of OTHER'S decisions. The internet is awesome but can really bring out the a-hole in people! Everyone, keep your a-holery where it belongs...on facebook!

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
There are many fine people on both sides! :) I think I'll stay here a while too. Hoping FCA gets some of the issues worked out and allow me to get in on a nice 2019 JLUR-D! :-P

Sponsored

Shyong

First Name
Yong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon Mojito! '17 Raptor '17 M3
I have both. 2017 Raptor SCREW and 2018 JLU Rubicon. Picked up the JLU last week after an excruciating 3 month wait. Like you said, completely different beasts serving different but similar functions. One thing both contribute to in spades, fun!

I never understood the judgement of another person spending their hard earned money. Some hobbies are more expensive than others. If you can partake in a hobby due to higher disposable income, more power to ya.

Congrats on the Raptor. I've owned the first gen Raptor. Definitely don't miss the first gen when it comes to the current Raptor (V8 or no V8), every imaginable category is better with the second gen. Maybe the exhaust note lacks a little compared to the V8 burble. Still a better truck in my eyes having owned and driven both.

Don't let the haters bother you. lol.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have both. 2017 Raptor SCREW and 2018 JLU Rubicon. Picked up the JLU last week after an excruciating 3 month wait. Like you said, completely different beasts serving different but similar functions. One thing both contribute to in spades, fun!

I never understood the judgement of another person spending their hard earned money. Some hobbies are more expensive than others. If you can partake in a hobby due to higher disposable income, more power to ya.

Congrats on the Raptor. I've owned the first gen Raptor. Definitely don't miss the first gen when it comes to the current Raptor (V8 or no V8), every imaginable category is better with the second gen. Maybe the exhaust note lacks a little compared to the V8 burble. Still a better truck in my eyes having owned and driven both.

Don't let the haters bother you. lol.
Very true. If one has the money, spend at will....last time I looked...it was a JL forum.

Shyong

First Name
Yong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon Mojito! '17 Raptor '17 M3

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And?

ForumsUniversal > Forums > Other Vehicles / General Auto Chat

We're not suppose to talk about other vehicles in said sub-forum? If it bothers you so much, move on. No one asked you for your opinion on a topic you're not interested in.
You first. It's a Jeep JL Forum. Mentioning another vehicle is one thing. Continuing the topic belongs elsewhere, so, if your butthurt over my remarks, grab you shorts and leave; I'm staying...LOL

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
And?

ForumsUniversal > Forums > Other Vehicles / General Auto Chat

We're not suppose to talk about other vehicles in said sub-forum? If it bothers you so much, move on. No one asked you for your opinion on a topic you're not interested in.
Well Spoken like a true Jeep and Raptor owner ! Jeep owners have freedom of speech to share their opinions about all their vehicles . I am a big defender of freedom of speech , since my bosses were always trying to shut me up ! You're good , @Shyong !

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Very true. If one has the money, spend at will....last time I looked...it was a JL forum.
@Shyong has every right to his opinion because he is a Jeep owner , and also he's from Texas ! Texas flag has a big star , like the Army .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You first. It's a Jeep JL Forum. Mentioning another vehicle is one thing. Continuing the topic belongs elsewhere, so, if your butthurt over my remarks, grab you shorts and leave; I'm staying...LOL
@Shyong is very interesting in comparing his Raptor and his Jeep , and he has something worthwhile to say , because he is from Texas . I always respect Texas .

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Shyong is very interesting in comparing his Raptor and his Jeep , and he has something worthwhile to say , because he is from Texas . I always respect Texas .
I like Texas also, and don't mind a comparison, but continuing the topic, well, belongs elsewhere. Go to the Raptor forum and brag about the Wrangler....same response. Each to their own, my opinion on this JL forum.
I guess I could boast about my Harleys, but most really wouldn't understand.
Go Jeep!

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
u said anal...
Sponsored