First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
So I did it! I decided to trade in my 5month old factory ordered JLUR on a brand new Raptor Super Crew. I'm not bashing the JL like some have that have gotten rid of it but there were some reasons that finalized my decision.

First of all, I loved my Jeep. I traded in my 2015 JKUR HR on 37s with a ProRock up front for my JLUR. There really is nothing like it. I put on the Mopar 2" lift and 37's on my JLUR along with the DV8 Front Bumper and a winch. As far as looks go, it looks freaking amazing. I wasn't thrilled with the gear hunting 7/8 on the highway, but this was my own doing of putting 37's on 4.10s.

From the beginning, I had issues with the wind noise. I tried everything I knew how. Adjusted the windshield, taped off all the areas I could think of with painters tape, checked all seals, and brought it to the dealer twice in NJ and once after I moved to FL. It dove me crazy, so I just put the soft top on and it made it easier for me to accept it knowing it was a soft top at that point. I had a few issues with UConnect. Nothing major, but had it freeze up on me for the day, along with the backup camera not working. Overall, it was leaps and bounds better than my JKUR with the exception of wind noise.

I also wasn't thrilled with the frame welds, not that I think there would ever be a major issue with mine, but the QC there failed.

My final reason was my daughter, having a rear-facing car seat in the back is difficult. My wife is a little anal when it comes to safety (for good reason), and she under no circumstance wanted the front seats touching the car seat. Minor annoyance but I wanted something with a little more room in the back.

I hope everyone here takes this a great thing! My Jeep had an MSRP of $51,220 which included the dual top option. I paid 46,135 + $299 dealer fee. As I mentioned I had added the Mopar Lift ($1,200), 37's ($2,000) and Bumper/Winch ($450)/($300). All of the work I did myself. I also sold my stock wheels and tires, rock sliders, and soft top.

All in on the Jeep I was $46,500!

As I was shopping for my Raptor I was getting trade-in values between $44K-$46K which I thought was fair, however, lots of dealers want $10K over for Raptors. Blah blah blah limited allocation blah blah! Well, after shopping about 10 different dealers I found one in the middle of nowhere that had the exact color I wanted with all the options I wanted, plus one I didn't. I emailed back and forth with them and we agreed on $1K under MSRP, and GET THIS $49,000 for trade on my Jeep!!!!

I picked her up yesterday! Overall I love it. They are two different animals that's for sure. Both very good at doing what they do best.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 2.00.15 PM.png
IMG_5412.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5520.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Wow good for you I guess. I hope you are happy with the raptor, great looking truck! How much was the truck if you don't mind me asking? Disappointed you didn't go with the hennessey velociraptor though...

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Wow good for you I guess. I hope you are happy with the raptor, great looking truck! How much was the truck if you don't mind me asking? Disappointed you didn't go with the hennessey velociraptor though...
$71,500

They hold their value quite well, almost as good as a Jeep.

One really cool feature I’ve found with the 10spd transmission is the ability to lock out some of the gears. It would be really cool if FCA did that with the Wrangler. Imagine being able to tell it not to use 8th and even 7th if you didn’t want it hunting gears.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
$71,500

They hold their value quite well, almost as good as a Jeep.

One really cool feature I’ve found with the 10spd transmission is the ability to lock out some of the gears. It would be really cool if FCA did that with the Wrangler. Imagine being able to tell it not to use 8th and even 7th if you didn’t want it hunting gears.
You can just shift it in manual mode.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Wish the JL offered an engine upgrade to compete, I'd throw down some cash for it. Not 24k in cash like you did for the raptor. I love the ford f150s but the design of the raptor model just doesnt do it for me

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
The raptor looks nice from the side. But that enormous Ford lettering on the front is ridiculous. Like an Ed Hardy shirt.
I didn’t realize it was a ford. I wish they had something spectacular to lead me to knowing the maker of this vehicle...

Villagevip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Wow, wow, beautiful truck, congrats!..Feel like a SEAL TEAM SIX member, or Dan Bilzerian driving that around...Not a bad thing..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I didn’t realize it was a ford. I wish they had something spectacular to lead me to knowing the maker of this vehicle...
Oh my gosh. It really is a Ford! At first glance I didn’t notice. And Raptor too! Missed that first go-round..

Damn. That’s the Kardashian of cars.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's your $$$$ OP so do what makes sense for you and your family. I certainly would not make that trade but I am not into pickup trucks, I did however go from a JL to a JK.....

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps and their quirks aren't for everyone. The Raptor looks great. Enjoy!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So I did it! I decided to trade in my 5month old factory ordered JLUR on a brand new Raptor Super Crew. I'm not bashing the JL like some have that have gotten rid of it but there were some reasons that finalized my decision.

First of all, I loved my Jeep. I traded in my 2015 JKUR HR on 37s with a ProRock up front for my JLUR. There really is nothing like it. I put on the Mopar 2" lift and 37's on my JLUR along with the DV8 Front Bumper and a winch. As far as looks go, it looks freaking amazing. I wasn't thrilled with the gear hunting 7/8 on the highway, but this was my own doing of putting 37's on 4.10s.

From the beginning, I had issues with the wind noise. I tried everything I knew how. Adjusted the windshield, taped off all the areas I could think of with painters tape, checked all seals, and brought it to the dealer twice in NJ and once after I moved to FL. It dove me crazy, so I just put the soft top on and it made it easier for me to accept it knowing it was a soft top at that point. I had a few issues with UConnect. Nothing major, but had it freeze up on me for the day, along with the backup camera not working. Overall, it was leaps and bounds better than my JKUR with the exception of wind noise.

I also wasn't thrilled with the frame welds, not that I think there would ever be a major issue with mine, but the QC there failed.

My final reason was my daughter, having a rear-facing car seat in the back is difficult. My wife is a little anal when it comes to safety (for good reason), and she under no circumstance wanted the front seats touching the car seat. Minor annoyance but I wanted something with a little more room in the back.

I hope everyone here takes this a great thing! My Jeep had an MSRP of $51,220 which included the dual top option. I paid 46,135 + $299 dealer fee. As I mentioned I had added the Mopar Lift ($1,200), 37's ($2,000) and Bumper/Winch ($450)/($300). All of the work I did myself. I also sold my stock wheels and tires, rock sliders, and soft top.

All in on the Jeep I was $46,500!

As I was shopping for my Raptor I was getting trade-in values between $44K-$46K which I thought was fair, however, lots of dealers want $10K over for Raptors. Blah blah blah limited allocation blah blah! Well, after shopping about 10 different dealers I found one in the middle of nowhere that had the exact color I wanted with all the options I wanted, plus one I didn't. I emailed back and forth with them and we agreed on $1K under MSRP, and GET THIS $49,000 for trade on my Jeep!!!!

I picked her up yesterday! Overall I love it. They are two different animals that's for sure. Both very good at doing what they do best.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 2.00.15 PM.png
IMG_5412.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5520.JPG
IMG_5521.JPG
Good luck with the new truck. That we all love the JL by no means implies that its functionality can be all things to all people.
Sponsored