JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Soon 2019 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Hey all,

Does anyone know how much you could potentially get for selling private party or trading in your JLUR? It’s got 1800 miles, rubi, premium sound, hard too, garage opener, led lights, white, manual.

I don’t see anything listed on kbb or anywhere else yet. May have hit a financial snag recently and have to settle for a beater until things look up again. Thanks
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'd say somewhere between $6,000 and $8,000 below MSRP on your JLUR. Reason being is that many dealers are doing up to $4,000 off sticker on brand new ones, so you gotta' figure that resale value is going to be lower than that threshold.

Wranglers hold their value better than anything, but you still usually have to pay on them for about 12 months to break even if you're on a longer term loan.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Too early to tell from KBB. I would check with your dealer and see what they can do for you. However the residual value in the first 3 years is 70-72%. So I would see if they can work anything out for you and see what your negative equity is.

OP
OP

jpb

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Soon 2019 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
So I had a Toyota dealership quote it and they quoted it at $36,100. MSRP is almost 45 grand. Seems a bit on the low side for only 2 months later and 1800 miles

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
So I had a Toyota dealership quote it and they quoted it at $36,100. MSRP is almost 45 grand. Seems a bit on the low side for only 2 months later and 1800 miles
Dam that sucks! That is 10k loser right there. I hope you got a good deal and put some cash down to get out of it.

Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
post it on auto trader and your local craigslist, gonna have to go few K below what local places are listing new for. You can always say OBO.

also maybe take it to the dealer you got it from, 36 probably isn't to far off because they are gonna mark it up 4-5 K. At least a Jeep dealer can make it certified and sell it with 100K warranty, so they can mark up a little more.

I would say if you can try to sell it yourself 1ST, if you didn't get extended warranty you might be able to still add it. post it for around 40-42. (depending on local sales) The included extended warranty would be a good selling point over a new one.

Just really depends on your area. BUT, There are some killer deals going on if people find the right dealer, Like most I was willing to travel but didn't have to my local dealer gave me 6,697 off.... MSRP 49,840 I paid 43,343 (199 admin). So if you really NEED to sell it your probably gonna have to take a 5-6K loss...

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
You're comparing apples to oranges. Your JLUR became a used vehicle as soon as you took delivery and drove it off the lot. Even book values (Kelly, NADA, etc.) are overly optimistic compared to what a dealer will offer for trade-in. They usually base their trade quotes on wholesale and auction values, not book values.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
That sounds right because I could buy a new one for 40 if MSRP is 45k

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that most people do not know that you can get 5% under invoice. I paid about $42k for mine and it stickered at $49k, and I am pretty sure I could sell it for $42k in the next year if I had to, maybe more if I had time. In my area people are wanting $40k for a JKUR with 40k miles. So do you think your 2018 JLUR is worth as much as a 2017 JKUR with 40k miles? I would say yes.
Good luck, and I am sorry you have to sell it so soon. I hope you can get back on your feet again soon.

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Sorry I missed that

I wasn't being snarky, my short comment may have seemed that way in retrospect. Hopefully he doesn't have to sell it because he's going to lose money. Selling/trading so fast is a losing proposition.

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I took a look at one of the National Wolesale Auctions. There have only been Five transactions for JL Rubicon’s ytd. I think the lowest price sold was $40k and the high was $53. All were automatics but there is no way to distinguish base vs loaded models.

Car Max usually comes close to Wholesale with offers for a demand vehicle such as the Wrangler. You are going to take a hit for the manual transmission, and of course the TTL and dealer fees, but it may be worth a shot if you need to get out quickly.

OP
OP

jpb

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Soon 2019 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah series of Bad choices. Looking to focus more on school/possibly go only to college and quit my job so trying to see where I can save a few bucks. I was looking into getting into a 4x4 Tacoma TRD. Haven’t done anything yet...still 3000 miles away from home. But one of the other dealerships in Phoenix have me an online appraisal of 36200 to 39,500 before tax rebate/return. If I can max it out here and only be upside down no more than 2 grand, while getting into a 11 grand cheaper truck, that would cut payments by 200+ a month which will help
Sponsored