• Total voters

uglyyeti

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '18 JK Sport, '17 Tundra, '17 X5d
Please don’t mod a lease unless you know what you are getting into. I just turned in a BMW with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on them with 70% tread life left. Know what happened? Since the car came with runflats and the Michelins weren’t, I ended up writing a check to the dealer to put RFTs back on the car. What came on the vehicle when you bought it is what’s expected to be on it when you return it. Modding a leased vehicle with things you can’t easily return to 100% stock is asking for problems.
I just turned in a BMW lease in December. I knew I'd go through a set of tires in 3 years so right after delivery I pulled and stored the OEM tires and put on what I wanted ran them hard for 35k and put the OEM runflat set back on before I returned it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So my girlfriend and I are working on switching now she’s trading in her Ford Escape and taking my Sport S. So my questions are when I order what are your “must haves” on a vehicle. I’m pretty sure I’m getting
-LED lights
-Cold weather package (I live in Maine)
-Steel bumper
-HD towing package
I would definitely add..
8.4" Infotainment with Alpine
Proximity door locks

OP
OP
TuTTerZZ12

TuTTerZZ12

First Name
Ryan Tuthill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk’n
Occupation
USAF SF
Punk’n! (Matches well with brown ;))

And get the 8.4 radio!

2EE988F0-7565-45B6-8FA6-3C21A91BEAD5.jpeg

43F498B5-F5D5-4999-9400-6A6789AA67BD.jpeg
Man I’m jealous that’s exactly what I want JLUR.Yea I think I’m between Punk’n or white at this point. I love the orange so it’s definitely in the lead.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Man I’m jealous that’s exactly what I want JLUR.Yea I think I’m between Punk’n or white at this point. I love the orange so it’s definitely in the lead.
To be honest Orange wasn't even on our list when we went shopping... definitely love at first sight. You can't go wrong with white, it's a classic color and always looks good on a Jeep. But Punk'n is unique and you don't see them all over the place.

Oh, and here's a pic of my ProClip USA phone mount. Couldn't figure out how to take a pic with the phone while the phone is on it so use your imagination ;) But you can place it between the vent and the audio screen so it won't interfere with either. Very solid mount. Plus another orange pic to sway you to the Punk'n side :like:

IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
TuTTerZZ12

TuTTerZZ12

First Name
Ryan Tuthill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk’n
Occupation
USAF SF
To be honest Orange wasn't even on our list when we went shopping... definitely love at first sight. You can't go wrong with white, it's a classic color and always looks good on a Jeep. But Punk'n is unique and you don't see them all over the place.

Oh, and here's a pic of my ProClip USA phone mount. Couldn't figure out how to take a pic with the phone while the phone is on it so use your imagination ;) But you can place it between the vent and the audio screen so it won't interfere with either. Very solid mount. Plus another orange pic to sway you to the Punk'n side :like:

IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
Well you’re swaying me pretty well because I have saved every picture you’ve posted and leaning heavily towards the Punk’n. Thanks

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well you’re swaying me pretty well because I have saved every picture you’ve posted and leaning heavily towards the Punk’n. Thanks
Man... that's like raving a flag at a bull... ok... just two more... this is a really good depiction of how the Punk'n pops in the sun and another from the trail. Good luck!

IMG_1102 1.JPG

IMG_1322c.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The Punk’n is a great color, but then again I’ve always wanted an orange vehicle, so I didn’t even consider another. It looks so much better in person—it’s a hard color to get right in photos (even color correcting in Lightroom is a challenge on iPhone pics).

DDC357AC-F579-4121-9E35-759600ADAF69-X2.jpg

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
First post but I am shopping for an unlimited this weekend and I have seen lots with over 100 wranglers and tons of mojito and punkn. I found only one of two bikini pearl and it’s pretty awesome so you might look at it.

E953F6AA-9F81-487E-A3D2-8C65DC1E9D24.jpeg

OP
OP
TuTTerZZ12

TuTTerZZ12

First Name
Ryan Tuthill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Punk’n
Occupation
USAF SF
I FINALLY did it. My GF took over my JLU sport and I got a JL Rubicon. I went in to order one and this was the first one I looked at still on the lot and had everything. Took your guys advice bit the bullet and got what I wanted.
JL Rubicon PUNK’N
LED lights
Cold Weather package
Trailer Tow group
Steel bumpers
Infotainment with Alpine
Safety Group

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all your advice and finally I’m content.

AD44062A-A881-4320-BD08-9DC3194B031C.jpeg

Sponsored

MoltenJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
I FINALLY did it. My GF took over my JLU sport and I got a JL Rubicon. I went in to order one and this was the first one I looked at still on the lot and had everything. Took your guys advice bit the bullet and got what I wanted.
JL Rubicon PUNK’N
LED lights
Cold Weather package
Trailer Tow group
Steel bumpers
Infotainment with Alpine
Safety Group

Damn son. Nice jeep. Like that color matched top.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
JL Rubicon PUNK’N
LED lights
Cold Weather package
Trailer Tow group
Steel bumpers
Infotainment with Alpine
Safety Group

You did well! That’s a great looking Wrangler. Not about to start an argument here, I have leased over 20 vehicles and have modded at least 10 of them and have not gotten penalized, molested, required to pay twice the MSRP, and or a lot of the horror stories people have read on the internet. - note basic shit, if you turn it in with a broken windshield you’ll probably get to buy glass, if it had runflats and you don’t come back with runflats you’ll prob get to buy runflats - though if your willing to drive something new off the lot most dealerships will eat tires, windshields, minor-ish stuff. It’s basic economics, punish the customer for a $1,200 set of tires and they never come back or get them back into the family on a new 36, 39, 48 month lease because we treat them good and pay for the windshield that costs us $125. Anyway i digressed, great looking Wrangler! If you want to do some mods go for it! If you want to permanently surgically alter the vehicle be smart about it. :)

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
JL Rubicon PUNK’N
LED lights
Cold Weather package
Trailer Tow group
Steel bumpers
Infotainment with Alpine
Safety Group

Congratulations!!! Love the Punk’n with the fenders and top.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
JL Rubicon PUNK’N
LED lights
Cold Weather package
Trailer Tow group
Steel bumpers
Infotainment with Alpine
Safety Group

ad44062a-a881-4320-bd08-9dc3194b031c-jpeg.jpg
Awesome Jeep! Congratulations and I REALLY like the 2-door Punk'n with body colored roof and fenders. You might wanna check out Rokblokz mud flaps (at least for the front) to keep your rear fenders in good shape!

Enjoy!!!

IMG_1368 1.JPG

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I would say, not a good idea depending on how early you are in the lease option.

I would also say to my Devil Dogs out there:

When you make a command decision, stick with it.
First,thanks for your service, sir! I didn't serve, but I love those who did/do. Second, to the OP, Wranglers have a great resale...you might not get too beat up on trading in your lease...maybe.
Sponsored