Trade ins with Criswell

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
All,

Loving the great selection of dealers in MD and northern VA for % off invoice, including Criswell.

Did you trade in when purchasing at Criswell? And how close to blue book will they give you? Thanks
Sponsored

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The offered me about $3k under KBB trade-in value for my car (and about $8k under private party), so I'm just going to sell it privately. I'm going to be placing my order with them tomorrow.

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered at Browns 8% under invoice and they said they'd match whatever the Carmax price for my car is if I get it appraised ahead of time for my trade

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Get quotes from Carvana and Vroom. They often come in significantly better than CarMax. I brought those quotes in and Criswell matched the Carvana quote.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The offered me about $3k under KBB trade-in value for my car (and about $8k under private party), so I'm just going to sell it privately. I'm going to be placing my order with them tomorrow.
Same here
All of sudden their pricing is not that much better than local
Same with Koons

Locally was given 2 grand over book and they knocked 2 grand off sticker.
Still negotiating

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Get quotes from Carvana and Vroom. They often come in significantly better than CarMax. I brought those quotes in and Criswell matched the Carvana quote.
Thank you so much for posting this! I have a trade in with my 2020 order and have been stressing a bit about what to do if they low ball me on trade value when I go in to pick up the car and finish the deal. I just checked Carvana and am waiting on vroom response, but Carvana offered me just under $22k , while the dealer a few weeks back said at that time they could offer me $20k (with no guarantees for when my new order showed up). With the sale tax benefit I get from trade in, it is a wash. But nice to know i have options now other than rolling dice on private party sale.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wow that thread is epic. So you had a good experience with vroom? I am interested to see what they come back with on the offer.
So far so good, but I’m in the Los Angeles area so the pickup might take a while. I requested the quote Tuesday, they sent the docusign and other stuff yesterday. Today I received a fedex from them asking me to sign a paper allowing them to transfer ownership. They sent a label to fedex it back, so I did. The wait for pickup should begin tomorrow.

Unlike carvana, vroom does not have a dashboard where you can go see status. So once the ball starts rolling it sounds like sometimes you need to call and check in.

Still, for the money they offered (about 700 more than carvana and 1k more than some dealers did), it seems worth a little waiting. We’ll see.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Thank you so much for posting this! I have a trade in with my 2020 order and have been stressing a bit about what to do if they low ball me on trade value when I go in to pick up the car and finish the deal. I just checked Carvana and am waiting on vroom response, but Carvana offered me just under $22k , while the dealer a few weeks back said at that time they could offer me $20k (with no guarantees for when my new order showed up). With the sale tax benefit I get from trade in, it is a wash. But nice to know i have options now other than rolling dice on private party sale.
Not sure I understand this. You ordered a 2020 jeep but you havent actually made a deal because they wont put a number on your trade until the Jeep comes in ? Did you give them a deposit when you placed the order.?

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Not sure I understand this. You ordered a 2020 jeep but you havent actually made a deal because they wont put a number on your trade until the Jeep comes in ? Did you give them a deposit when you placed the order.?
Yeah, they said they couldn’t guarantee any trade in value for a future date. I did put down a deposit and they said if I didn’t like the trade in offer at the time, they would refund the deposit. This was written on the offer sheet, which has my final agreed upon price not including any trade. Not sure if others have had different experiences. I assumed it would be kind of hard for a dealer to make a fixed offer price on a trade in when the trade in was potentially going to have 1000s of miles and unknown condition when the new car actually arrived. But this is my first time ordering a car, so maybe this isn’t how it goes at other dealerships.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Same here
All of sudden their pricing is not that much better than local
Same with Koons

Locally was given 2 grand over book and they knocked 2 grand off sticker.
Still negotiating
Yea they have to make money somehow. I actually bought from Koons in a group buy on my 2014 and their trade value sucked. When you're giving people 8% under invoice, you can really even that out by low-balling trades and marking them up when the list them for retail sale.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Yeah, they said they couldn’t guarantee any trade in value for a future date. I did put down a deposit and they said if I didn’t like the trade in offer at the time, they would refund the deposit. This was written on the offer sheet, which has my final agreed upon price not including any trade. Not sure if others have had different experiences. I assumed it would be kind of hard for a dealer to make a fixed offer price on a trade in when the trade in was potentially going to have 1000s of miles and unknown condition when the new car actually arrived. But this is my first time ordering a car, so maybe this isn’t how it goes at other dealerships.
Wow,for starters I am shocked. On Sept 9 , I ordered a new Jeep . We had agreed on a price for my Allroad and came up with a final figure. Left a deposit . In 4 or 5 weeks I could easily put 2k more miles on the Allroad but its a done deal , unless of course I crack the car up. I have never heard of your situation . Obviously if you can unload your vehicle, before then, you jump on it. Car dealers never cease to amaze me. Good luck

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yea they have to make money somehow. I actually bought from Koons in a group buy on my 2014 and their trade value sucked. When you're giving people 8% under invoice, you can really even that out by low-balling trades and marking them up when the list them for retail sale.
Koons is running an offer on the internet right now that says 125% of KBB for your trade in.

So when they quoted me low book on the phone I laughed and said no thanks.

They called me back the next day and said "what will it take for you to buy the jeep?"

I said 125% of KBB like YOUR ad states.

He actually replied "you don't really expect to get that for your jeep do you?"

And just to clarify here is a copy of their offer;

IqAaG8f.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: