Trade in the JK or sell outright?

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I initially went into the dealer, they offered me 31k for my vehicle...I ordered a JL and figured I'd toss it on craigslist. Ended up selling it myself for an extra 2k. I'd say get your offer from the dealer, place your order, and try to sell it for more on your own. If you get more, great...if not, trade it in. Easy peasy :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

salvadorsantana

First Name
SS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2017 JK
My payoff is currently $30K on my 1 year old 17 JKU, trade in have been consistently at $27K, either gonna wait do bring the principal down for a couple of months and praying that the JKU doesn't taje a dive in value. Or maybe if a dealer really wants to do business and match the payoff so I can jump on a JL.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you want the best of both worlds, as in private party sale + trade in tax break (assuming you get a tax break on trade -in in your state) you can have your dealer do the ole "in and out." You sell used car to dealer as trade in, they sell it directly to your private party buyer, you do the exchange at the dealer and they handle all doc work. It has a number of benefits for both parties. Dealer financing, tax break, etc.

This is all hearsay though. Not sure what my sources were. Not sure who even wrote this post my nephew uses my computer often he's good with cyber, fake news, etc.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
What I find problematic about selling to a private individual is the aggravation over the title change. Some buyers are not willing to go to the registration location and sign the paperwork and pay their taxes. I do not want any delays in transferring that information.

panzerbkb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Sport punk'd color, 2018 Renegade Latitude orange
Trading in is the easiest way as long as you owe less than they want to give you. I traded a 17 4door Sport S in and it had been wrecked ( some ass pulled out in front of me when she only has 1400 miles on her, and I was never really happy with the repairs to it) so I did take a loss...the value has gone down a bit but should recover soon.
Sponsored