Trade in Tacoma for a JLR?

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Anyone have any experience going from a Taco to JLR? I have a 2018 DCSB TRD O/R lifted, locked blah blah blah. Definitely LESS capable than a rubicon.

Just ordered my wife a friggin PINK 2022 Rubicon 4xe.

While at the dealership the manager asked me if I was interested in trading in my 2018 Tacoma. I declined as I love my truck. He told me to just take a 6 speed JLR they just got in for a spin while him and my wife completed the order. It was an absolute blast, really really enjoyed driving it. Told him thanks but no thanks when I got back and meant it. Riiiiiiiiight.

A week or so has gone by and all I think about is driving that glorious slice of heaven. Smart salesman. I really want to order one but not sure how realistic it is. No kids (none EVER) just my wife me and dog. We tend to go on 3-6 hour road trips (usually camping and wheeling) A few times a month but seems like kinda silly to get another Rubicon when I can drive my wife's whenever.

We have only had the one truck for 4 years or so as she works remote and we have the same interests. 6 hour road trips with two cars for two people seems a little odd cause no way I'm not taking mine if I get a new one even though ill end up driving both over the trickier stuff lol. Don't really care about the economics of it we always just enjoy each others company in the car on long road trips.

Also a bit worried losing the utility of a truck, don't tow anything just load up an irresponsible amount of camping gear. I'll strip my back seats out immediately and with them down in her 4xe maybe with a platform or something I wont notice the difference? Any thoughts about going from taco to wrangler(s) space wise?

Seems the JL is reliable enough but I guess I should not be expecting 60k miles with nothing but tires and oil changes like my Tacoma? Do these tend to be in out of the shop for issues?

I probably won't actually trade it in but just sell it myself while waiting for the order to be delivered.

Somebody please help I cant get my work down and am going to lose my hair at only 27 if I don't make a decision soon.
The Toyota is far far more reliable.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Toyota is far far more reliable.
That's the reputation anyway. Reliability has a whole lot to do with the person behind the wheel. Probably more so than anything else.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
That's the reputation anyway. Reliability has a whole lot to do with the person behind the wheel. Probably more so than anything else.
Had 2 4runners, reliable, but BORING! Get the Jeep.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is that if you are used to owning a truck you will not be happy without one in the driveway. Trust me I know this from experience. I traded my F-150 for my Sahara, and it wasn't 3 weeks until I needed my truck back. I now own a Sahara, and a Ranger. A man needs a truck.

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
Here is my 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro - sold it 9 months ago for 5k more than I paid. The motor and trans are nothing great

Con : TOYOTA CUSTOMER SERVICE USA : not nice people
TIRES: Anything larger than stock rubs
TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS : not so great

PASS ON ANYTHING TOYOTA-

IMG_0836.jpeg
Sponsored