Not open for further replies.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Works well. This is how I plan to go this time with my 392. I went 72.5" with the XD60's in my 2018. The extra width is nice but you have a trade off with turning radius. So it's UD60's this next go round. 😎
Thanks Andy!
I was all over the place on which axles to get, and with the BF sales, I got a nice deal on UD60's.

The wheels have been so hard to choose, as far as BS went. Everywhere I read was saying 3.5" BS on a 69" axle, which is fine, but scrub radius is far from optimal. I think a 4.5" BS is a good compromise, just did not know what clearance issues I would find. I am also undecided on 38 vs 40 tires, I really like the idea of a hybrid over a full MT tire though, for my wheeling, and I'm all for a quite tire for DD use.

Your wheels are very appealing, they look great, are DOT, and double beadlock as well.
What's the turn around time on them?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Thanks Andy!
I was all over the place on which axles to get, and with the BF sales, I got a nice deal on UD60's.

The wheels have been so hard to choose, as far as BS went. Everywhere I read was saying 3.5" BS on a 69" axle, which is fine, but scrub radius is far from optimal. I think a 4.5" BS is a good compromise, just did not know what clearance issues I would find. I am also undecided on 38 vs 40 tires, I really like the idea of a hybrid over a full MT tire though, for my wheeling, and I'm all for a quite tire for DD use.

Your wheels are very appealing, they look great, are DOT, and double beadlock as well.
What's the turn around time on them?
Days. The wheels are available and ship quick. Powder can vary. Right now it is around 8 days. 🙂

Reactions: J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
A friendly reminder that all Friction Double Beadlocks ship free inside the US.

SFF.jpg
Inside the US excludes AK, HI, right?

Super cool looking wheels.

A buddy I wheel with pops a bead once every time out (42” Treps). It resets easily, but kinda a ritual now. :LOL:

Was wheeling the JL a little too hard, bought the YJ to really have fun.

28383B04-779E-4961-94B5-9D68C133F95B.jpeg
What's the procedure to reset when the inner bead breaks? After the 3rd time I popped the front bead (13.5 PSI , 37's on factory wheel) I got beadlocks. Run the rears at 10 PSI and have burped air many times, but never broke the bead. To reseat my front outer bead, I screw jack the wheel off the ground, crank down a ratchet strap, pour a quart of water on the bead, and pull the tire toward the broken bead while inflating. Never broken the inner bead. I was hoping with my RACELINE RT81 I can fairly reliably run at 9 PSI front/rear.

I really need to pick up a set of 43” TSL stickies. :rock: My 42” IROKs are good, but I’ve seen the stickies in action.....amazing.
What do you think of M/T 43X15R17? On youtube and FB, they seem to hook up pretty well.

I don't mind occasional burps, easy to put in more air. It's the Farts that break the bead that are a PITA.

Last edited:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I work regularly with a great local powdercoater in Cortez. Any issue(s)/caveats with having any part of the wheel powdercoated later? Will this play nice with the giant o-ring?

I'm also just a bit confused on the valve stem -- is this proprietary or an off-the-shelf valve stem?

Finally, is your website correct in that you're not currently taking orders due to a move to GA? (and if so my condolences on your new locale, although the Front Range sucks balls, too)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I work regularly with a great local powdercoater in Cortez. Any issue(s)/caveats with having any part of the wheel powdercoated later? Will this play nice with the giant o-ring?

I'm also just a bit confused on the valve stem -- is this proprietary or an off-the-shelf valve stem?

Finally, is your website correct in that you're not currently taking orders due to a move to GA? (and if so my condolences on your new locale, although the Front Range sucks balls, too)
The o-ring groove accounts for powder without issue. You'll just need to tape the mounting surface. Like usual.

The valve stem is not proprietary. It is a 1/8" npt tank valve. I source them from O'Reilly so you can get them anywhere.

We left CO last year for a move to TN. I miss the mountains but I don't miss the people. Or the traffic. Or the wait in line to do damn near anything. About the same in TN. 😂

We're in Souhtern GA now. Better pace of life it seems. We'll be back up and running shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The o-ring groove accounts for powder without issue. You'll just need to tape the mounting surface. Like usual.

The valve stem is not proprietary. It is a 1/8" npt tank valve. I source them from O'Reilly so you can get them anywhere.

We left CO last year for a move to TN. I miss the mountains but I don't miss the people. Or the traffic. Or the wait in line to do damn near anything. About the same in TN. 😂

We're in Souhtern GA now. Better pace of life it seems. We'll be back up and running shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Alright well I love the wheels so LMK when I can give you money!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also I failed to ask about lugnuts. If staying 5x5 will the OEM JL lugnuts work?

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Also I failed to ask about lugnuts. If staying 5x5 will the OEM JL lugnuts work?
OEM lug nuts won't fit my lug bore. They need to be replaced. I only use Gorilla lug nuts.

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
Started planning my next build.

I am VERY interested in this wheel you have, I am wondering if the wheel is ordered in diamond cut aluminum, can I anodize it (before assembly of course) with the rest of the aluminum I am going to have anodized. If so, what aluminum grade is it, is it 6061 or something else?

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Started planning my next build.

I am VERY interested in this wheel you have, I am wondering if the wheel is ordered in diamond cut aluminum, can I anodize it (before assembly of course) with the rest of the aluminum I am going to have anodized. If so, what aluminum grade is it, is it 6061 or something else?

I haven't anodized a set of wheels yet so I'm not sure the outcome. Zero issues with adding anodizing before assembly. Just not sure about the finish. My wheels are cast so they are porous more than billet. Everyone always goes with powder coat once they find out the cost of anodizing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.