Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I was thinking that there was a dealership not honoring that price protection in January. I could obviously be wrong.
You stand correctly on saying that, however just like this discussion we’re having right now, that was debunked as it was started by a member that came on here and ran his mouth before actually speaking to the dealership and waiting to find out legit information from them
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

He had a VON on 1-27 from my understanding. He said he had his VIN within a week of placing his order. As you can see in the tracker pic that the order was confirmed on 1-27. Wouldn't he have to have a VON to have it confirmed within the tracker? I ordered from Chapman as well and and I was given a VON the same day I placed my order which is the day it shows on my tracker as order confirmed.
Being that the only price increase from January 27th to now on 2022MY was in June, wouldn't that mean he would have been protected from the price increase in June if his order was confirmed, scheduled, and even in production before the June price increase?
His price increased $2500 which was the exact price increase for June.
Just trying to get a better understanding of why he had the June price increase on his Jeep when the only price increase from time of order to now was in June and his Jeep was built June 2nd.
It's probably in this thread somewhere, but what has the dealership said?

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
FYI...I ordered in December 2021...picked up in May 2022...price was protected with Chapman...MSRP went up but I was price protected...It was not even brought up when I went to pick it up...I just went in and paid the price from December

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
FYI...I ordered in December 2021...picked up in May 2022...price was protected with Chapman...MSRP went up but I was price protected...It was not even brought up when I went to pick it up...I just went in and paid the price from December
Exactly!! 😁😁😁😁
Proof is in the puddin 🤣🤣🤣

Blk340cuda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram, 2016 Renegade
Hello everyone, just figured I’d share my ongoing story concerning my purchase at Chapman.
Quick Synopsis:

12/4/21 - Vehicle ordered

4/22 - Brief regression to C for a week

5/9/22 - D1

6/12/22 - Production began

6/15/22 - Vehicle built

6/21/22 - Delivered to Chapman

6/28/22 - Emailed Chapman as I haven’t heard anything concerning my vehicle being delivered (outside of the jeep tracking system). Ashlie emails me back and within the next 2 days I heard from someone concerning a credit application and Matthew is assigned as my sales agent.

Since then I have been in constant contact with Matthew, who responds quickly to emails.

Unfortunately, (here comes the troubling news) Chapman is charging me an extra $1350 for the vehicle despite it being ordered the first week of December. I’ve read everything in this thread and was under the impression that since my POC did not have the updated memo at the bottom of it, that Chapman would be honoring my pricing, but that does not seem to be the case. I emailed everyone at the dealer, but Matthew has stood his ground and after waiting 7 months for my ride, I will now have to pay the extra $1350.

To make matters a little more difficult, Chapman only offered me $9500 for my trade-in, which I sold through Kelley Blue Book instead for $14,550.

And now, for the hopefully final wrench in my gears. I now have to wait for Chapman to receive temporary tags before I can pick it my ride. I guess they have run out of them, and despite the fact that I’m transferring plates from another vehicle, I will have to wait even longer to finally pick up the Jeep.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello everyone, just figured I’d share my ongoing story concerning my purchase at Chapman.
Quick Synopsis:

5/9/22 - D1

6/15/22 - Vehicle built

6/28/22 - Emailed Chapman as I haven’t heard anything concerning my vehicle being delivered (outside of the jeep tracking system). Ashlie emails me back and within the next 2 days I heard from someone concerning a credit application and Matthew is assigned as my sales agent.

Since then I have been in constant contact with Matthew, who responds quickly to emails.

Unfortunately, (here comes the troubling news) Chapman is charging me an extra $1350 for the vehicle despite it being ordered the first week of December. I’ve read everything in this thread and was under the impression that since my POC did not have the updated memo at the bottom of it, that Chapman would be honoring my pricing, but that does not seem to be the case. I emailed everyone at the dealer, but Matthew has stood his ground and after waiting 7 months for my ride, I will now have to pay the extra $1350.

To make matters a little more difficult, Chapman only offered me $9500 for my trade-in, which I sold through Kelley Blue Book instead for $14,550.

And now, for the hopefully final wrench in my gears. I now have to wait for Chapman to receive temporary tags before I can pick it my ride. I guess they have run out of them, and despite the fact that I’m transferring plates from another vehicle, I will have to wait even longer to finally pick up the Jeep.
What was the $1,350 for? I'm thinking that prices have increased quite a bit more than that since December.

Blk340cuda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram, 2016 Renegade
What was the $1,350 for? I'm thinking that prices have increased quite a bit more than that since December.
The price increase was from some of the options’ increase in prices.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Quick Synopsis:

5/9/22 - D1

6/15/22 - Vehicle built

Go back in this thread I don’t have the time as I’m at work right now but there is a post made by @dealerinsider essentially it’s Tom the GM at chapman his email is [email protected]
His post is about honoring December price orders so take a screen shot of that email him and let him know you’re a forum member!!

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Quick Synopsis:

5/9/22 - D1

6/15/22 - Vehicle built

Did you end up paying the extra $1350 or was it waived since you ordered in December?

Sponsored

Cyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
He had a VON on 1-27 from my understanding. He said he had his VIN within a week of placing his order. As you can see in the tracker pic that the order was confirmed on 1-27. Wouldn't he have to have a VON to have it confirmed within the tracker? I ordered from Chapman as well and and I was given a VON the same day I placed my order which is the day it shows on my tracker as order confirmed.
Being that the only price increase from January 27th to now on 2022MY was in June, wouldn't that mean he would have been protected from the price increase in June if his order was confirmed, scheduled, and even in production before the June price increase?
His price increased $2500 which was the exact price increase for June.
Just trying to get a better understanding of why he had the June price increase on his Jeep when the only price increase from time of order to now was in June and his Jeep was built June 2nd.
Was there any resolution to this? They're also pulling the same thing on my Feb order. Price increase is actually more significant to the tune of $4500 since the new invoice price spread is now closer to MSRP.

Wrangler662

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Was there any resolution to this? They're also pulling the same thing on my Feb order. Price increase is actually more significant to the tune of $4500 since the new invoice price spread is now closer to MSRP.
No. The finance manager basically told him take it or leave it. So his price was $2500 more than when he placed his order in January.

I was told by someone from Stellantis that if an order isn't price protected then that is something the dealer chooses not to do vs Stellantis not allowing price protection.

So basically when a build comes in a dealership has the option to price protect or not. They have to enter the VIN, put delivery date of the build, and have the option to check the "Select Sold Order Protection" box and that should give the buyer price protect as it will pull up the MSRP to when the order was placed. That's what I've gathered from attempting to look into it. Why would Chapman refuse to check the "Select Sold Order Protection" box if every other dealership in the country is doing it?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
No. The finance manager basically told him take it or leave it. So his price was $2500 more than when he placed his order in January.

I was told by someone from Stellantis that if an order isn't price protected then that is something the dealer chooses not to do vs Stellantis not allowing price protection.

So basically when a build comes in a dealership has the option to price protect or not. They have to enter the VIN, put delivery date of the build, and have the option to check the "Select Sold Order Protection" box and that should give the buyer price protect as it will pull up the MSRP to when the order was placed. That's what I've gathered from attempting to look into it. Why would Chapman refuse to check the "Select Sold Order Protection" box if every other dealership in the country is doing it?

Price protection doesn’t lock in MSRP to when you place the order, your vehicle window sticker will have the set MSRP at the time the vehicle is going in production once it’s built whatever the current MSRP at that time will be on your window sticker, essentially the manufacturer stellantis will issue a credit to the dealership on a price protected order of the difference, if you go back in this thread you’ll see other members posted invoice showing this, I can’t speak for February orders as price increase happened in mid January but orders placed prior to that date should be honored on the quoted invoice prices at the time the order was accepted by stellantis with a VON # on the confirmed order sheets!

*** This invoice is on January 18 the day after price increase in January no MSRP as you can see but a credit towards the invoice price to cover the difference

90A99F96-3986-49F5-A1E1-A9F7CEA51D30.jpeg

Last edited:

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
My order went in 1/10/22 and there was a disclaimer about price not being locked in. I took delivery in June and the sticker showed the new MSRP after the increases, but Tom said that it was price protected if we closed in 2 weeks. Needless to say, that was exactly what I did and I got my 392 for a smoking deal. The AZ plates arrived last week and the whole transaction was smooth as silk. I was fully expecting to pay the price increase. Even after shipping, I’m way ahead. Don’t know what changed but perhaps after the flood of orders, they may have decided that the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Did he pick it up within two weeks?
Sponsored