Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Could it be that his order has been moved to be a 2023 and that is the reason for the price increase?
Sponsored

Wrangler662

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Could it be that his order has been moved to be a 2023 and that is the reason for the price increase?
It was a 2022. The 2022MY wasn't an option to order in June. They quite shut down 2022 392 orders in April I believe.

When Stellantis opened the order book back up it was June 2022 and that is when the 2023MY was available to place orders for. When they opened the order books up in June of 2022 that is when it was noticed that the 2023MY 392 had a price hike of exactly $2500 over the 2022 models. I am attaching the POC from my buddy's 2022MY order he placed on January 27th. I am also attaching the invoice that was sent to him yesterday by the finance manager at Chapman. It clearly shows a $2500 increase on his MSRP. There was never a $2500 increase on 2022MY orders after the January 17 price hike up until they shut down 2022 orders. The next hike was when the 2023MY order books opened in June. So why did he get hit with the 2023 price hike on his 2022MY order? I've spoken with someone from Stellantis who has stated that any dealership can click the price protection box after the vehicle arrives at the lot and it will adjust the price back to what it was when the order was originally placed. This shouldn't be an issue. Besides that, his MSRP shouldn't have been raised in the first place as their was never a price hike on 2022MY 392s from the time he placed his order up until they stopped offering the 2022MY 392. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
There was a bump up in price in June 2022 for 2022 392s...the invoice increased to $77,128, same as on your friends. You can search for the order guides and see it there. I'll attach it below and maybe the link will work. Page 18 of the June 2022 order guide is for 392s. Not sure why it is not price protected, but that is where/when the price jumped.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...615030/?hash=99dbf5c71491270071705f62973ff412

Wrangler662

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
There was a bump up in price in June 2022 for 2022 392s...the invoice increased to $77,128, same as on your friends. You can search for the order guides and see it there. I'll attach it below and maybe the link will work. Page 18 of the June 2022 order guide is for 392s. Not sure why it is not price protected, but that is where/when the price jumped.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...615030/?hash=99dbf5c71491270071705f62973ff412
I don't understand how they refuse to attempt to price protect. I have spoken with someone in management at Stellantis and they have said that Stellantis will honor price protection. This has not been an issue with any other dealer in America. I was told that when a dealership receives the Jeep that all they have to do is check the price protection box and that will auto adjust the price to the MSRP of when the order was placed. I have seen where people have mentioned that their early January orders were not hit with the January price increase when they took deliver other than a couple of hundred dollars. I even called and spoke to a salesman and confirmed that this is what they are seeing as well. So why is his order being hit with a $2500 price hike?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I don't understand how they refuse to attempt to price protect. I have spoken with someone in management at Stellantis and they have said that Stellantis will honor price protection. This has not been an issue with any other dealer in America. I was told that when a dealership receives the Jeep that all they have to do is check the price protection box and that will auto adjust the price to the MSRP of when the order was placed. I have seen where people have mentioned that their early January orders were not hit with the January price increase when they took deliver other than a couple of hundred dollars. I even called and spoke to a salesman and confirmed that this is what they are seeing as well. So why is his order being hit with a $2500 price hike?
Obviously you’re misinformed!!
That piece of paper you posted only has one use and that’s to confirm a build, which is what a dealer uses to confirm your option before placing an order “configuration preview” as you can see there is no VON # assigned on that paper and it’s NOT a price order confirmation POC sheet, so essentially it’s not an order!! You need to find out first when the order was put in. Also 392 orders were locked down I believe in early April, more info on that topic here,
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/392-no-longer-available-for-2022.92974/#post-1931521

the MSRP you have on the build sheet is from 22MY but without the actual order sheet with VON showing a locked in price you got nothing, something doesn’t add up!

2BC335F3-FF3E-4704-AB05-3FC41DE88C2A.jpeg

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4JJXSJ7NW186608

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wrangler662

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Obviously you’re misinformed!!
That piece of paper you posted only has one use and that’s to confirm a build, which is what a dealer uses to confirm your option before placing an order as you can see there is no VON # assigned on that paper so essentially it’s not an order!! You need to find out first when the order was put in. Also 392 orders were locked down I believe in early April, more info on that topic here,
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/392-no-longer-available-for-2022.92974/#post-1931521

Essentially the MSRP you have on the build sheet is from 22MY and the other photo you have posted is a 23 build 392, we’re not comparing apples to apples here, something doesn’t add up!
I'm aware that 2022 392 orders stopped the last week of April.
I can assure you the first attachment showing the 2022MY order is the exact build he was processed with on January 27th. I have personally looked up his build for him on the www.jeep.com/trackyourorder.html site multiple times and I have his VON. I am not going to post the POC with his VIN and VON for privacy reasons. Not my vehicle so not my place to post those numbers. As you can see I'm the attached screen shot, the order was confirmed as mentioned on 1/27. A confirmed order must have a VON.
I posted the 2023 POC that was placed in June to simply show that the only price hikes from the January 17th price hike to now on any 2022MY orders were when the 2023MY became available to order which was June.
Either way the fact that they honored original MSRP on other January orders but not his is baffling. I have seen where three early January orders were not hit with the January 17 price increase when they picked up their Wrangler from Chapman. That tells me they checked the "Sold Order Protection" box.

Screenshot_20220706-213341_Samsung Internet.jpg

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Again, there was a price hike for 2022 models (392 included) in June 2022. I attached a link in a prior post to the order guide which shows the prices (June 2022 price guide, page 18 for 392s). Your invoice price is NOT based on 2023MY prices, it is based on the June 2022 price guide for the 2022MY. So the price is correct that you received. You (or your friend) just need to find out if you are price protected or not based on when the order was done.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I'm aware that 2022 392 orders stopped the last week of April.
I can assure you the first attachment showing the 2022MY order is the exact build he was processed with on January 27th. I have personally looked up his build for him on the www.jeep.com/trackyourorder.html site multiple times and I have his VON. I am not going to post the POC with his VIN and VON for privacy reasons. Not my vehicle so not my place to post those numbers. As you can see I'm the attached screen shot, the order was confirmed as mentioned on 1/27. A confirmed order must have a VON.
I posted the 2023 POC that was placed in June to simply show that the only price hikes from the January 17th price hike to now on any 2022MY orders were when the 2023MY became available to order which was June.
Either way the fact that they honored original MSRP on other January orders but not his is baffling. I have seen where three early January orders were not hit with the January 17 price increase when they picked up their Wrangler from Chapman. That tells me they checked the "Sold Order Protection" box.

Screenshot_20220706-213341_Samsung Internet.jpg
Ok
None of this is making sense, you took the invoice from chapman to your friend down but that had a date of June 28 on it if I recall correctly, for your knowledge stellantis will invoice the dealer the next day after they vehicle is done it’s built, so based on your tracking photo you posted his invoice date would have been around June 2 or 3 also you can’t have a vehicle delivery date on June 22 but a manufacturer invoice date to the dealership of June 28, since you took everything down we really can’t say who is right or wrong here but your end of story isn’t matching up! PS I’ve already posted the window sticker which has VIN # and last four of VON # 🤷‍♂️ What you posted earlier is not a VON sheet if your friend however had that paper showing the right price WITH a VON number on it with the date the order was placed then stellantis will issue a credit to order protect the price to chapman automatically! No check box needed!

7E6B33F6-3EF6-4B6C-89F4-7F07EAFA4C2B.jpeg

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Again, there was a price hike for 2022 models (392 included) in June 2022. I attached a link in a prior post to the order guide which shows the prices (June 2022 price guide, page 18 for 392s). Your invoice price is NOT based on 2023MY prices, it is based on the June 2022 price guide for the 2022MY. So the price is correct that you received. You (or your friend) just need to find out if you are price protected or not based on when the order was done.
His story has way too many holes in it, I’m not trying to judge here but how many times we’ve seen or heard this from someone coming on this board ripping the dealer but then find out the truth! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I’m willing to help him but nothing he’s posted so far is legit!

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Agreed...does not make sense. Especially now that he removed his posts.

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Trying to summarize:

• Ordered late January.
  • Prices increased in June.
  • He was apparently not price protected against the June increase.

Correct?
All sold orders are essentially price protected from the day stellantis accepts the order, once you have a confirmed order with a VON # and order date (POC) that’s your price regardless of price increase on MSRP
My feeling is that he has a configuration sheet with January date but the order wasn’t placed or didn’t get accepted till later date which then would lock in at the price of that date not the quoted price he obviously has on the January 27 configuration sheet
A POC is a Priced Order Confirmation
Which literally means just what it says

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

All sold orders are essentially price protected from the day stellantis accepts the order, once you have a confirmed order with a VON # and order date (POC) that’s your price regardless of price increase on MSRP
My feeling is that he has a configuration sheet with January date but the order wasn’t placed or didn’t get accepted till later date which then would lock in at the price of that date not the quoted price he obviously has on the January 27 configuration sheet
A POC is a Priced Order Confirmation
Which literally means just what it says
I was thinking that there was a dealership not honoring that price protection in January. I could obviously be wrong.

Wrangler662

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Ok
None of this is making sense, you took the invoice from chapman to your friend down but that had a date of June 28 on it if I recall correctly, for your knowledge stellantis will invoice the dealer the next day after they vehicle is done it’s built, so based on your tracking photo you posted his invoice date would have been around June 2 or 3 also you can’t have a vehicle delivery date on June 22 but a manufacturer invoice date to the dealership of June 28, since you took everything down we really can’t say who is right or wrong here but your end of story isn’t matching up! PS I’ve already posted the window sticker which has VIN # and last four of VON # 🤷‍♂️ What you posted earlier is not a VON sheet if your friend however had that paper showing the right price WITH a VON number on it with the date the order was placed then stellantis will issue a credit to order protect the price to chapman automatically! No check box needed!

7E6B33F6-3EF6-4B6C-89F4-7F07EAFA4C2B.jpeg
He had a VON on 1-27 from my understanding. He said he had his VIN within a week of placing his order. As you can see in the tracker pic that the order was confirmed on 1-27. Wouldn't he have to have a VON to have it confirmed within the tracker? I ordered from Chapman as well and and I was given a VON the same day I placed my order which is the day it shows on my tracker as order confirmed.
Being that the only price increase from January 27th to now on 2022MY was in June, wouldn't that mean he would have been protected from the price increase in June if his order was confirmed, scheduled, and even in production before the June price increase?
His price increased $2500 which was the exact price increase for June.
Just trying to get a better understanding of why he had the June price increase on his Jeep when the only price increase from time of order to now was in June and his Jeep was built June 2nd.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
He had a VON on 1-27 from my understanding. He said he had his VIN within a week of placing his order. As you can see in the tracker pic that the order was confirmed on 1-27. Wouldn't he have to have a VON to have it confirmed within the tracker? I ordered from Chapman as well and and I was given a VON the same day I placed my order which is the day it shows on my tracker as order confirmed.
Being that the only price increase from January 27th to now on 2022MY was in June, wouldn't that mean he would have been protected from the price increase in June if his order was confirmed, scheduled, and even in production before the June price increase?
His price increased $2500 which was the exact price increase for June.
Just trying to get a better understanding of why he had the June price increase on his Jeep when the only price increase from time of order to now was in June and his Jeep was built June 2nd.
As I mentioned your build tracker doesn’t match up with the previously posted invoice which obviously you took down for a reason, if what you are SAYING is correct your friend wouldn’t be having any such issues, there are two sides to every story! 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored