Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
However I can't get over to Philly to pick it up till the week of 2/14 and they want me to sign everything by 2/1 and I can come pick it up then. Is this normal? Never bought out of state, feels weird signing for something I haven't seen yet.
Yes, it's totally normal to sign remotely before pickup. You certainly don't have to, but it saves a lot of time at the dealer.
Sponsored

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
So I got the e-mail today that my Jeep is in. 22 392 XR.
Was ordered 8/29 as a '21 bumped to '22 on 11/1 and finally go it in today.

However I can't get over to Philly to pick it up till the week of 2/14 and they want me to sign everything by 2/1 and I can come pick it up then. Is this normal? Never bought out of state, feels weird signing for something I haven't seen yet.

I was told mid January it wouldn't be there till around Mid-Feb so that's what I planned for as far as flights go and time off bringing it back. Thoughts?
I think they (Chapman) have to do things on their end within 10-14 days of arrival per FCA. When it is a factory order for a customer, I believe they have only a window of time to sell it to that customer to keep the price protected. I think.

JFLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Rubicon (Totaled)
I think they (Chapman) have to do things on their end within 10-14 days of arrival per FCA. When it is a factory order for a customer, I believe they have only a window of time to sell it to that customer to keep the price protected. I think.
So I'm just signing the contract or am I having to do my financing and paying for this thing before I even see it?

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
So if I

So I'm just signing the contract or am I having to do my financing and paying for this thing before I even see it?
That I am not sure about

lmp180psu

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda3 turbo hatch, 2013 F-150
I am afraid to ask Jeep Chat if our status changed. Monday it was still D. Don't like disappointment, but at least I see some positive signs with a couple more Chapman October orders in D1 👍
I just couldn't stay away from Jeep Chat, and they said all the parts are now gathered 👏 but couldn't give an ETA. Said to check back in 2 to 3 weeks..haha like that is going to happen 😉

Now should I email Chapman and ask if they have a date on their end??

Sponsored

andrey600

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392, 4xe
I live in TX and they sent my jeep with temp tags and all i had to do was get it inspected here in TX and send to Chapman and they do the registering for me. Then my TX plates showed up at my house about 30 days later
Do they charge a convenience fee for this?

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Yeah, I think that's it.
From all the posts about this, it seems that's how it has to work for Tom to have a chance at getting reimbursed for the price protection.
Customer name on order, sold to same customer within 14 days of arrival.

It'll be good. :)
Ask them to send some pics.

I'm probably going to go thru the same scenario pretty soon myself.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I mean, I understand your trepidation, but the converse would be - did you expect to order a $50-80k vehicle and then it could just sit at the dealer for as long as you wanted, before you got around to paying for it and picking it up?

I'm in a similar boat. I also expected to have a 2-3 weeks heads up, and instead I went from "jeep is built" to "jeep was delivered" within a couple of days, which also coincided with some of the worst east coast weather of the year. That was an unexpected twist, but I'm happy to pay them sooner rather than later.

punchagoat

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just couldn't stay away from Jeep Chat, and they said all the parts are now gathered 👏 but couldn't give an ETA. Said to check back in 2 to 3 weeks..haha like that is going to happen 😉

Once the order hits D1 status it "should" have an estimated shipping date. Just know, it can definitely change. Chapman can tell you more.

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
So I got the e-mail today that my Jeep is in. 22 392 XR.
Was ordered 8/29 as a '21 bumped to '22 on 11/1 and finally go it in today.

I was told mid January it wouldn't be there till around Mid-Feb so that's what I planned for as far as flights go and time off bringing it back. Thoughts?
\very normal i signed a few weeks before as I live in TX trust them they know what they are doing. if it stays on lot too long they have to release from you to public.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak

i emailed them and my status still said ETA 12/21 so i wouldn't hold your breath. I would hope now parts are gathered we should be looking mid to late Feb which I will take

Dluxious

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just picked up my sahara from chapman ordered 11/29- shnazz , sot, cold, safety, gorilla- was such a great experience. They had all the paperwork ready, and no pushy extras. Everything was exactly as promised from my original order sheet. In and out in less than an hour. I will definitely use this dealer again…..it is only an hour from my location….and so worth it. Worked with tom, steve Ashlee and salesman was kevin.

EB271537-AEAE-42AF-AAD3-A0D1E8B992EC.jpeg

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
LOL, Took them 2 months on mine!
Chapman an A
NC DMV a D...
I'd give them an F, but they did eventually get it done.
I waited from the last week of October to last week for the tag and title for the 4xe. The 392 I picked up the week of Christmas. Chapman just sent me the packet and after 30 mins in line at the local DMV, it was all done. The DMV seems to just let mailed-in paperwork sit.

antman006

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
Anyone know the average time it takes from built to Chapman's lot?
Sponsored