Sponsored

Tracking our Chapman Horsham Jeep orders?

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
@Bananas @dealerinsider genuinely appreciate the digging and transparency on this! Pretty sure this is actually my 392, and was awfully surprised this morning after seeing the window sticker and $3k increase in MSRP! Really great to see the invoice will remain the same.

As others have said, such a great experience with Chapman thus far, and of course a great deal. Polar opposite of what I've had with every local PNW dealer I talked to. Now just need to get the Jeep delivered to Chapman and then shipped across the country! :)
Hey Brian...you are correct, it is your 392
Sponsored

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
Man so Jeep Chat told me today that the Jeep Grand Cherokee L that I ordered for my wife on Jan 7th is now in D1 but my Wrangler order from October 27th is still waiting for parts to be gathered (D) UGH i wish i knew how they did there build pull.... She is going to get hers before me and let me tell you she will rub it in every chance she gets (even though i pay for it) oh married life

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
To everyone on this chat:
I think Tom @dealerinsider (Chapman) just proved his point about how Stellantis invoices him...he literally showed a Jan 18th invoice based on another member's random VIN and the invoice was price protected. So Tom was extremely transparent and it appears he does not have to apply for anything since that invoice was backdated and price protected. This tread got very negative about Chapman...can we agree to delete our negative posts about him/Chapman on this thread? I think he was upfront about everything and the invoice actually proved that Chapman price protected. Again, I do not work for Chapman, just ordered a Jeep from him and am looking forward to it. If you don't want to delete, I understand, just think it is the right thing to do since he showed he is price protecting and pretty darn honest the whole time.

MikenDallas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
I checked my status on Jeep chat yesterday and I was told I’m in “subframe status”
Anyone know what that means?

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked my status on Jeep chat yesterday and I was told I’m in “subframe status”
Anyone know what that means?
this is what i go by so try and fit it in there somewhere. The fact that is actually building is a good sign i would guess...

B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.

C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.

D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:

D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

I - Inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

JB / KZP- Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JS - Storage. Waiting to be shipped.

KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

Sponsored

MikenDallas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
this is what i go by so try and fit it in there somewhere. The fact that is actually building is a good sign i would guess...

B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.

C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.

D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:

D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

I - Inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

JB / KZP- Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JS - Storage. Waiting to be shipped.

KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!
Thank you!

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
@dealerinsider Did you receive any Wrangler invoices today (Jan 20th)? Were they all invoiced at the pre-Jan 17th price hike? Or was it some were, some were not.

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
@dealerinsider Did you receive any Wrangler invoices today (Jan 20th)? Were they all invoiced at the pre-Jan 17th price hike? Or was it some were, some were not.
42 vehicles invoiced today...I cant see 1/20...tomorrow ill be able to see 1/20...these invoices are dated 1/19...4 were wranglers retail sold with 4EA on the invoice...

1. 23R UNLIMITED - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/9 - original POC: $56625 MSRP, $53541 FWP - INVOICE: $56625 MSRP, $53722 INVOICE

2. 29P 4XE - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/23 - original POC: $59530 MSRP, $57039 FWP - INVOICE: $59530 MSRP, $57216 INVOICE

3. 27X 392 - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/13 - original POC: $76790 MSRP, $72609 FWP - INVOICE: $76790 MSRP, $72800 INVOICE

4. 27X 392 - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/12 - original POC: $80050 MSRP, $75546 FWP - INVOICE: $80050 MSRP, $75737 INVOICE

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
42 vehicles invoiced today...I cant see 1/20...tomorrow ill be able to see 1/20...these invoices are dated 1/19...4 were wranglers retail sold with 4EA on the invoice...

1. 23R UNLIMITED - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/9 - original POC: $56625 MSRP, $53541 FWP - INVOICE: $56625 MSRP, $53722 INVOICE

2. 29P 4XE - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/23 - original POC: $59530 MSRP, $57039 FWP - INVOICE: $59530 MSRP, $57216 INVOICE

3. 27X 392 - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/13 - original POC: $76790 MSRP, $72609 FWP - INVOICE: $76790 MSRP, $72800 INVOICE

4. 27X 392 - No credit on invoice, ordered 11/12 - original POC: $80050 MSRP, $75546 FWP - INVOICE: $80050 MSRP, $75737 INVOICE
So basically the 4 of them went up $181, which is the $66 battery fill and $125 other fee. So price protected so far which is great news. Does this reflect price protection or have the invoices simply not caught up to the Jan 17th price hike (meaning invoices may increase next week once they catch up to the hike)? Thank you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sparky321977

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

man i wish i saw some October ones in there 🥴😂🤣

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
So basically the 4 of them went up $181, which is the $66 battery fill and $125 other fee. So price protected so far which is great news. Does this reflect price protection or have the invoices simply not caught up to the Jan 17th price hike (meaning invoices may increase next week once they catch up to the hike)? Thank you.
i dont know the answer to your second question, but i can check everyday to see whats invoiced...the POC pricing has gone up & according to the stellantis letter i think anything after 1/17

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
i dont know the answer to your second question, but i can check everyday to see whats invoiced...the POC pricing has gone up & according to the stellantis letter i think anything after 1/17
THank you. Do you mean POCs for new orders changed or all orders, past and present (for example, were POCs from December updated based on new prices or were they kept the same)?
Sponsored