Tracking Jeep JLUR Diesel Issues

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
thoughts on adding dielectric grease to all the fuses prior to seating them?
Not on the fuses. May affect the voltage and give rise to interesting issues.
Sponsored

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Was thinking of getting a diesel, after reading this, probably not..

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Was thinking of getting a diesel, after reading this, probably not..
You could post a thread like this on any automotive forum and you'd get the same reactions. I'll step out of the silent majority momentarily to say mine runs like a champ.

ThirtyWon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude EcoDiesel, 2019 JL Rubicon
Also enjoying our High Altitude diesel, no issues to report. If it holds up reliability-wise, it really is a wonderful engine.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I have over 12k miles on the jeep and so far no issues at all. The diesel engine is great and when I recently went up over an almost 3 foot high ledge, the jeep literally walked over it without problem. The 450 mile range is only an added bonus. I have 95k on my 2016 GC diesel and again no real issues. At least for me, the diesel Rubicon jeep is well worth what I paid for.

henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Firecracker Red
5,500 miles in three months and zero issues.

ks1626

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Ecodiesel
6100 miles so far, zero issue other than a cracked windshield lol

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
I have been getting the airbag warning light and the low tire pressure alarm but only on the app, not actually on the jeep display. I have had my tire pressure dropped below 34 pounds when the temperature dropped here 30° overnight. I just aired it back up before I drove it. I have never actually seen the airbag warning light go off inside the jeep. Or the low tire pressure warning either(unless I air down while I’m off road). But it seems like every time I try to drive with the seatbelt off and the door opened like to back up into a tight parking spot, or on the trail, It puts the transmission in the park. And then a couple days later I get a call from the dealership saying they got a warning about my airbags or my tire pressure. I think the app is just screwed up.

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
So far, so good on mine as well. Love my new Jeep and the diesel is a beast.
This is the truth ,the new Jeep and the diesel is a beast. We already have 4000 miles on our in just 3 weeks. My son is cruising ours right now down in AZ and loves it :like: :clap::beer:

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
But it seems like every time I try to drive with the seatbelt off and the door opened like to back up into a tight parking spot, or on the trail, It puts the transmission in the park.
Normal. It's called "auto park". It's so you don't accidentally run over yourself.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Normal. It's called "auto park". It's so you don't accidentally run over yourself.
auto park is a worthless nanny feature...... it makes passing through gates a pain in the butt.... if you put it in gear when the drivers door is open, you have to shift back into park, then back into drive to get it to move..... Has anyone found a way to disable this feature? ....

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
auto park is a worthless nanny feature...... it makes passing through gates a pain in the butt.... if you put it in gear when the drivers door is open, you have to shift back into park, then back into drive to get it to move..... Has anyone found a way to disable this feature? ....
I find it to be extremely obnoxious. However, I'll share an experience I witnessed/took part in, where it would have been nice to have :giggle:

I was on a construction project for a big name company. Like huge name.

Anyhow I was in a buggy/side byside/gator with my coworker and we are coming up behind an F150 that was moving pretty slow, almost as if it was at an idle in drive......

Well, it is aimed at a good sized power transformer deal and I'm wondering why the driver isn't turning. Then I realize there is no driver. I speed up, tell my partner to take the wheel and get ready to slide over. I jump out, he takes control of the buggy, I run up to the F150 hop in and get on the brakes right before it makes a mess out of the F150's front end and the transformer deal (whatever it was).

Back yonder, from the way we had come, comes sheepishly a running a guy (IIRC he was an electrician). He had stopped to take a leak at a portable toilet and somehow he perfectly pulled up far enough and close enough that he turned out and away from the truck and then took a couple strides and swung the door of the portable toilet open without looking at the truck as it idled off. Might have been wearing hearing protection.

Literally the one time I've witnessed an event that would have benefitted from such a nanny system. We didn't think there was much to be learned from this so we all decided it didn't need to get spoken of. Still makes me chuckle to think on it.
Sponsored