First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Please click in the upper right hand corner of the spreadsheet to access it on Google Sheets. This spreadsheet is open to the public to view.

Each person will have to go to the link and input their respective information. Let me know if I need to update or correct anything on the Spreadsheet. I made drop down menus for your Year, Model, and State in the document.

Sponsored

Last edited:

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I hope to never have to add mine to the sheet, especially after it was pulled aside for 44-miles of testing in Toledo back in December, but I know there are at least four folks on the forum who have been dealing with CELs/MILs.

Azbigbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5, 2008 JKU, 2020 JLURD ordered
I hope to never have to add mine to the sheet, especially after it was pulled aside for 44-miles of testing in Toledo back in December, but I know there are at least four folks on the forum who have been dealing with CELs/MILs.
I got 40 miles of testing and appear to be the first on the sheet. Lucky I guess!!!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got 40 miles of testing and appear to be the first on the sheet. Lucky I guess!!!
Yea I was hoping my 44 miles of extended testing might stave off some issues but it certainly doesn’t look like panacea. Let us know how the repair process goes.

Sponsored

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Tom, I guess I need access to the issues spread sheet.

I have 750 miles on my jeep and it is sitting at a dealer getting repaired. Started making a grinding noise, sounded like the bearing in the belt tensioner or water pump. Dealer said they could not find anything. So while I was driving home, it started again. Turned around and back to the dealer. Left it running while I opened the door and the service writer could hear it. He came out and drove it into the shop. the tech said yep that sounds like an issue. They said they would need to keep it overnight as it was to warm to look at.

This morning I just got a call telling me the belt tensioner is bad and needs replacing. Said it would take 10-12 days to get the part. However, if I paid $55.00 they would overnight the part. I asked where the part was coming from and was told the east coast. Sounds like extortion to me. They did offer me a rental car for 5 days. I asked what sense that makes when you tell me it will take 10-12 days to get the part in, and was told that was their policy.

So now I have to pay $55 to get warranty work done. Not sure if this is a Jeep thing or specific to this dealer, would be interested what others might have to say.

If Jeep cares reads this I would be interested in your opinion.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I have 750 miles on my jeep and it is sitting at a dealer getting repaired. Started making a grinding noise, sounded like the bearing in the belt tensioner or water pump. Dealer said they could not find anything. So while I was driving home, it started again. Turned around and back to the dealer. Left it running while I opened the door and the service writer could hear it. He came out and drove it into the shop. the tech said yep that sounds like an issue. They said they would need to keep it overnight as it was to warm to look at.

This morning I just got a call telling me the belt tensioner is bad and needs replacing. Said it would take 10-12 days to get the part. However, if I paid $55.00 they would overnight the part. I asked where the part was coming from and was told the east coast. Sounds like extortion to me. They did offer me a rental car for 5 days. I asked what sense that makes when you tell me it will take 10-12 days to get the part in, and was told that was their policy.

So now I have to pay $55 to get warranty work done. Not sure if this is a Jeep thing or specific to this dealer, would be interested what others might have to say.

We have responded to your private message regarding this! We would like to escalate a case for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sorry to hear it man. I wonder if @JlEngineline has any insight as to whether each engine type has its own set of techs assembling them or if they cross over between 2.0, 3.6 and 3.0. I don’t even know if this is a part that’s assembled in Italy or Toledo.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Just picked the Jeep up. Turned out to be the crankshaft dampner. Tech said they found a bolt lodged behind the dampner and the block. They feel its been there since manufacture. No idea how it would take 750 miles for it to cause an issue. Well Jeep is back in the garage.

Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Well although it’s not a good thing, the finding of the bolt would make me feel better than had it been something internal. I hope you get it back soon.

Edit: I get it, by “garage” you meant your garage. You already have it back.

Last edited:

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked the Jeep up. Turned out to be the crankshaft dampner. Tech said they found a bolt lodged behind the dampner and the block. They feel its been there since manufacture. No idea how it would take 750 miles for it to cause an issue. Well Jeep is back in the garage.
Not surprising given the truly ridiculous number of people who have found 1/3 to 1/2 of their fuses loose. It’s almost like the UAW defends members who are found to be working under the influence of alcohol...oh wait...

KandyRedCoi

First Name
Coi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel
sadly my first post
2020 JLUR EcoD
less than 200miles
home for 3-4days
been at dealer for almost 2weeks
went in for EGR/ETC issue
EGR valve replaced CEL still on.
supposedly needs an EGR cooler
Escalated the issue with FCA, filed a claim, have a CASE# waiting for a call back
please add me to the list

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
sadly my first post
2020 JLUR EcoD
less than 200miles
home for 3-4days
Escalated the issue with FCA, filed a claim, have a CASE# waiting for a call back
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sadly my first post
2020 JLUR EcoD
less than 200miles
home for 3-4days
Sorry to hear it man. How many miles at delivery? Make sure to update the spreadsheet.
Sponsored