Track Bars, or not after Mopar 2" lift kit

cjljl2018

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR, 2021 JGCL Summit Reserve
What brand Track bar? Rock Krawler? or ...?
Here's a full list of what sorted my concerns with the Mopar lift:

YETI XD JL Draglink w/ Griffin XD Attenuator
YETI XD JL Tie Rod
YETI XD JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket
YETI XD Damper Bracket
JKS JL Front Adjustable Track Bar
JKS JL Rear Track Bar Bracket
RK JL Front Spring Correction Pad(s)

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was sticking out 1/2" on drivers side front and pax rear.

You need them in my opinion
how are you liking the mopar lift with the added track bar front and rear? Drive like a dream?

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was sticking out 1/2" on drivers side front and pax rear.

You need them in my opinion
Did you get the correction pads too on your set up or just front and rear adjutable track bar.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
how are you liking the mopar lift with the added track bar front and rear? Drive like a dream?
I think it drives better than it did stock, but that may have more to do with running 30psi in the tires.
I like the lift so far, I have had it on moderate obsticles but havn't disconected the sway bar and really flexxed it out yet. So far im really happy with it.

The spring pad issue was resolved prior to me getting the Mopar lift and I have no spring flexing issues using what came with the kit.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Did you get the correction pads too on your set up or just front and rear adjutable track bar.
I‘ve actually installed both, the front and the rear pads. Much more solid compared to the perches that came with the lift. The RK ones will add additional ~3/8”-1/2“ to the total lift.

I’m running pretty light and doorless all year around. I’ve gained ~3-3/4” from the so-called 2” lift. The ride is firm and tight compared to the stock one. Adjustable track bars front and rear. No complaints In general.

Jeep Wrangler JL Track Bars, or not after Mopar 2" lift kit A1000B9D-A5B7-4308-AC55-A07776ADE587

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I think it drives better than it did stock, but that may have more to do with running 30psi in the tires.
I like the lift so far, I have had it on moderate obsticles but havn't disconected the sway bar and really flexxed it out yet. So far im really happy with it.

The spring pad issue was resolved prior to me getting the Mopar lift and I have no spring flexing issues using what came with the kit.
What tire size you running on your lift? Did you get a track bar to pair up with the lift kit, or run stock track bar?

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I had the Mopar lift installed and it just did not handle very well after. I then took it to a shop that specializes in lifts and aftermarket doo dads and they added a new track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket and centered the body over the axles. Now it drives like a charm.
Is your Wrangler a Rubicon? I wonder if trackbars are needed only on non rubicon models since the overall height increase from stock is more on non rubicon models and maybe the non rubicon trackbars are shorter.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is your Wrangler a Rubicon? I wonder if trackbars are needed only on non rubicon models since the overall height increase from stock is more on non rubicon models and maybe the non rubicon trackbars are shorter.
I've got a JLUR, and I did both front and rear track bars after my 1st smaller true 2" lift.

You're right, in that the Rubicon will see less overall gain in height, thus axle shift, after getting the same lift kit as a Sport or Sahara. But it's not just the adjustability. The other 2 benefits of aftermarket arms and linkages are the improved bushings and the far stronger steel used in their construction. Those are the characteristics that go a long way towards properly supporting the added forces of the larger lift and tires. The factory track bars, control arms, and steering linkages are barely suitable for stock tires. Their thin-walled construction will make them prone to flexing from the increased leverage of larger tires and a higher center of gravity. Stronger supporting parts will stand up to those forces and result in a more solid and planted drive ability both on and off road.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a JLUR, and I did both front and rear track bars after my 1st smaller true 2" lift.

You're right, in that the Rubicon will see less overall gain in height, thus axle shift, after getting the same lift kit as a Sport or Sahara. But it's not just the adjustability. The other 2 benefits of aftermarket arms and linkages are the improved bushings and the far stronger steel used in their construction. Those are the characteristics that go a long way towards properly supporting the added forces of the larger lift and tires. The factory track bars, control arms, and steering linkages are barely suitable for stock tires. Their thin-walled construction will make them prone to flexing from the increased leverage of larger tires and a higher center of gravity. Stronger supporting parts will stand up to those forces and result in a more solid and planted drive ability both on and off road.
I see. I have heard different opinion on the mopar lift. TrailRecon has it with 37s and he says it rides like factory. My thing is, why buy this lift if you have to buy trackbars and other components. I feel that if you really need that with the mopar lift, I might as well go with another manufacturer that comes with all those components.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I see. I have heard different opinion on the mopar lift. TrailRecon has it with 37s and he says it rides like factory. My thing is, why buy this lift if you have to buy trackbars and other components. I feel that if you really need that with the mopar lift, I might as well go with another manufacturer that comes with all those components.
Many people seem to like the mopar lift. It's less invasive to install and it's more cost efficient than a full kit. But the supporting parts will wear at an accelerated rate, and eventually replacements will be needed. When everything is still newer, it'll feel better than stock because the shocks and springs are a better match than factory.

I made the classic noob mistake on my 1st setup, of staying more conservative than what I was really wanting. Not wanting more lift than needed for 35's led me to the 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift, which only gives advertised height and it includes a set of Fox shocks custom tuned to the springs. They definitely rode better than stock. But the kit is as incomplete as the mopar, so I added all 8 control arms and front and rear track bars from another company. Those supporting parts immediately made it obvious of how much flex was going on with the factory arms and track bars, when just running 35's on an otherwise stock jeep. A week later, I had the time to replace the factory tie rod and drag link, and had the same immediate feel of being more solid and planted.

A full kit from a reputable manufacturer is the best way to go, in my opinion. Some may argue that it's not needed on a jeep that only sees light trails or even one that never leaves the pavement. I don't at all agree with that. On road forces working against the connecting parts between the axles and frame/body may be different than those seen offroad, but they are equally as great.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many people seem to like the mopar lift. It's less invasive to install and it's more cost efficient than a full kit. But the supporting parts will wear at an accelerated rate, and eventually replacements will be needed. When everything is still newer, it'll feel better than stock because the shocks and springs are a better match than factory.

I made the classic noob mistake on my 1st setup, of staying more conservative than what I was really wanting. Not wanting more lift than needed for 35's led me to the 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift, which only gives advertised height and it includes a set of Fox shocks custom tuned to the springs. They definitely rode better than stock. But the kit is as incomplete as the mopar, so I added all 8 control arms and front and rear track bars from another company. Those supporting parts immediately made it obvious of how much flex was going on with the factory arms and track bars, when just running 35's on an otherwise stock jeep. A week later, I had the time to replace the factory tie rod and drag link, and had the same immediate feel of being more solid and planted.

A full kit from a reputable manufacturer is the best way to go, in my opinion. Some may argue that it's not needed on a jeep that only sees light trails or even one that never leaves the pavement. I don't at all agree with that. On road forces working against the connecting parts between the axles and frame/body may be different than those seen offroad, but they are equally as great.
Thanks for your feedback. I’m getting 35s and I’m researching about lifts. I didn’t want something more than 2” for 35s and that’s why I was considering the mopar lift. I gues ls I’ll go with the Clayton 2.5” overland+ Which comes with everything except shocks tie rod and drag link.
Sponsored