Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am ordering a 2.5" lift kit and my question is what is the cut off regarding suspension lift height and stock track bar?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe with 2.5 lift your front axle will be shifted to driver side about 1/2”. For some not big issue for others they would tell you get new adj TB.

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I believe with 2.5 lift your front axle will be shifted to driver side about 1/2”. For some not big issue for others they would tell you get new adj TB.
Got is, so the factory track bar doesn’t have enough adjustment to compensate for the added shift?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is what happened to my Rubicon with 2.5” spacers. When I went to 2.5” metalcloak springs i got at least another 1/2” of lift which would make that 1/2” axle shift even more.

I got a new track bar when I did my spacer lift because I also wanted a stronger track bar.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got is, so the factory track bar doesn’t have enough adjustment to compensate for the added shift?
No adjustment on factory

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply’s, today is new rim/tire day but still waiting on lift kit to ship.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I just went through this.

I installed a mopar 2" fox lift thinking no need for a track bar.
After getting it dialed in i was 3/4" off and not happy with it.
I scrambled around to get a front/rear Rock Krawler track bar.
Now im trying to track down the special grease for the joints.

Do yourself a favor and order a front/rear track bar, proper anti-seize, loc-tite, grease and crows foot to torque it now.

Wish I did.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just went through this.

I installed a mopar 2" fox lift thinking no need for a track bar.
After getting it dialed in i was 3/4" off and not happy with it.
I scrambled around to get a front/rear Rock Krawler track bar.
Now im trying to track down the special grease for the joints.

Do yourself a favor and order a front/rear track bar, proper anti-seize, loc-tite, grease and crows foot to torque it now.

Wish I did.
If you recently purchased rk track bars you no longer need special grease. I don’t recall since when, maybe @Rock Krawler Suspension can chime in.

Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you recently purchased rk track bars you no longer need special grease. I don’t recall since when, maybe @Rock Krawler Suspension can chime in.
Also, a good way to tell is to check the raceway set screws. Stainless steel set screws indicate the newer version which allows off the shelf grade specific grease. Black oxide set screws still require 000 grease.

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What are you guys doing with the back end track bar , adjustable or relocation bracket?

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
What are you guys doing with the back end track bar , adjustable or relocation bracket?
I have the matching rear. I haven't measured or installed it yet.
If it isn't required like the front was, im still happy to have it for upgrading out of the OEM rubber bushings alone.

I still couldn't find a grease thin enough on the shelves of the common auto parts stores in my area.
Everything was GLNI#2. I will have a lifetime supply of mobil GLNI#1 from Granger tomorrow.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the matching rear. I haven't measured or installed it yet.
If it isn't required like the front was, im still happy to have it for upgrading out of the OEM rubber bushings alone.

I still couldn't find a grease thin enough on the shelves of the common auto parts stores in my area.
Everything was GLNI#2. I will have a lifetime supply of mobil GLNI#1 from Granger tomorrow.
I’m just catching up on this thread. If your front axle was shifted 3/4” then your rear axle is shifted to the passenger side also , didn’t know if you were aware , didn’t want you to just measure factory t.b. and make the rk bar the same length. If you’re aware, then disregard my jibber jabber....lol.
Sponsored