Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Gotta be kidding ? Texas is that big ?
When I was riding the Harley west to the Grand Canyon we went through Texas. Stopped for gas somewhere and the little shop there had a license plate that read "The sun has ris, the sun has set, and here we is in Texas yet". After my ride I can tell you it's true and yes, Texas is that big. Felt like half my ride from Chicago was spent in Texas.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I live about a mile from Interstate 10 in the Houston area. I get off to go to my home at exit 797 (counting up from 1 in El Paso). The last mile marker before entering Louisiana is 880.

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
When I used to drive to Michigan from San Antonio, it was a two day trip. The first day was spent just getting out of Texas and making it to Arkansas. The second day was spent getting through Arkansas, Missouri, and Indiana and halfway through Michigan. I drove to Houston from El Paso one time and it was 14 hours. Texas is waaaayyy to big.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
When I used to drive to Michigan from San Antonio, it was a two day trip. The first day was spent just getting out of Texas and making it to Arkansas. The second day was spent getting through Arkansas, Missouri, and Indiana and halfway through Michigan. I drove to Houston from El Paso one time and it was 14 hours. Texas is waaaayyy to big.
I moved to Houston from Ohio in 2011, and my thought was... Awesome! I am closer to Vegas, maybe i can drive there now... After looking it up, it is CLOSER for me to drive to SOUTH DAKOTA than Vegas from here. Silly!

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
I moved to Houston from Ohio in 2011, and my thought was... Awesome! I am closer to Vegas, maybe i can drive there now... After looking it up, it is CLOSER for me to drive to SOUTH DAKOTA than Vegas from here. Silly!
I’m closer to Phoenix than any other major city in Texas lol

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
No updates on my situ yet....sorry.

Someone mention in the weld issues thread that another track bar bracket failed. Said he saw it on facebook.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Subaru has a similar situation, although it’s a shitty B pillar weld which is in no way as dangerous to everyday driving like a track bar that breaks loose is. The most likely way that Subaru's deficiency comes into play is in a very bad collision or rollover. Their solution? Identify and recall the ALL of dangerous vehicles and give the owners brand new ones without shitty welds.

https://jalopnik.com/subaru-is-just-giving-recalled-2019-ascent-owners-brand-1828356237

Hey @JeepCares could you maybe ask someone of importance in Quality Control at Jeep to make a call to someone of importance in Quality Control at Subaru and find out how this is possible?

If you wait until someone is seriously injured (or worse) in a preventable crash because you failed to act in order to save a few bucks by not issuing a recall, it’ll end up costing a lot more than being responsible and properly fixing the issue immediately. Ask your actuaries.
Sponsored