Sponsored

Track bar sheared off at the weld. I feel like I’m cursed with my new JL

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
What was the vehicle , and what was the defect ?
Trailblazer SS, had a few defects. when downshifting, sometimes it would just lose all gears like in neutral. made on ramps less than fun. also had rear end grinding from day it was picked up. after multiple service calls, never resolved. spent well over a month in service. (I did get some nice loaners in the tie it was out though.) less critical was the rust over the entire body (it was white, and really showed)

It was a 2006, I vowed to never buy a first year vehicle again. and then the JL came around. hope I am not kicking myself in 6 months.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
rboss

rboss

First Name
ROSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED
29B277A0-838F-49BD-AC45-3F91051DFA46.jpeg E0177C21-7B39-4960-BAE4-7B24BEBDFD97.jpeg

Hi all, I wanted to close out this thread with good news. I’ve learned a lot through this experience. The best piece of advice I can give you is go to the top. It is ok to reach out to the executives of a company to tell them your story. Be polite, and you will receive a response.

I have to say the Chrysler executives are some of the nicest people I’ve ever reached out to. They cared so much about my situation and their company as a whole they expedited my new Wrangler build down to 1 week. Of all the car experiences I’ve had, this actually has been the best one. Chrysler really does care about its customers.

It took Chrysler a total of 40 days to get me out of a manufacturer defected vehicle and into my new Rubicon. I just picked up the new beast yesterday and could not be happier. I think I might have the strongest welded wrangler on the road :). Now it’s time to put it to the test.

If anyone has any other questions you can PM me.

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
29B277A0-838F-49BD-AC45-3F91051DFA46.jpeg E0177C21-7B39-4960-BAE4-7B24BEBDFD97.jpeg

Hi all, I wanted to close out this thread with good news. I’ve learned a lot through this experience. The best piece of advice I can give you is go to the top. It is ok to reach out to the executives of a company to tell them your story. Be polite, and you will receive a response.

I have to say the Chrysler executives are some of the nicest people I’ve ever reached out to. They cared so much about my situation and their company as a whole they expedited my new Wrangler build down to 1 week. Of all the car experiences I’ve had, this actually has been the best one. Chrysler really does care about its customers.

It took Chrysler a total of 40 days to get me out of a manufacturer defected vehicle and into my new Rubicon. I just picked up the new beast yesterday and could not be happier. I think I might have the strongest welded wrangler on the road :). Now it’s time to put it to the test.

That great they took care of you! Would you mind sending pics of the welds this go round?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

I’m glad you took a positive feeling away from this ordeal based on how it was handled. I’m mostly glad that you weren’t injured or worse from the defect. If I can ask, did you have to sign a NDA regarding the resolution of your case?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
executives are some of the nicest people I’ve ever reached out to.
They cared so much
care about its customers.
Ya think it is because of your Posting on this Forum , viewed by 42,000 Potential Customers , ya think ?

42,000 potential customers on this Forum got you the replacement ; however , Joe Schmo , who didn't post on this Forum , would still be waiting Forever for his dealer to get back to him .

I'd say gotta hand it to this Forum , which forced FCA to do the right thing for you , because all FCA eyes were on the 42,000 viewers of your posting .

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Ya think it is because of your Posting on this Forum , viewed by 42,000 Potential Customers , ya think ?

42,000 potential customers on this Forum got you the replacement ; however , Joe Schmo , who didn't post on this Forum , would still be waiting Forever for his dealer to get back to him .

I'd say gotta hand it to this Forum , which forced FCA to do the right thing for you , because all FCA eyes were on the 42,000 viewers of your posting .
Or they actually have pride in their work and want customers to be happy. Some people actually have integrity.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Or they actually have pride in their work and want customers to be happy. Some people actually have integrity.
I respect your optimism , and I agree there are many good employees at FCA . But, tell that to Joe Schmo , who didn't have 42,000 viewers , and is still waiting for the dealer to call him . There are a lot of Joe Schmo guys with their own problems . Maybe your praise ought to not include robots . Are the quality control inspectors also robots ?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

congrats!

Now can you please ask your new FCA executive friends to read the thread below before someone gets into an accident.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-problem-with-jl-wrangler-please-watch.6723/

Oh, and can they do something about the "wavy door syndrome" on the JL.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Oh, and we don't have 42,000 members on this forum.
He's referring to the number of times this thread has been viewed:

Screenshot 85.png

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
He's referring to the number of times this thread has been viewed:

Screenshot 85.png
Which is misleading, as people like me have viewed it a couple dozen times. Because it's definitely concerning and worth following.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
And I might add we only have about 8500 members.
I didn’t mean to infer he was right... just pointing out where he saw that number.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That's your opinion but, in reality, you really don't know they wouldn't have taken just as good a care of Joe Schmo. Oh, and we don't have 42,000 members on this forum.
He also had a youtube video and facebook group. Social media is the new squeaky wheel,

I would be doing the same if I owned a wrangler with this problem but I don’t own one yet because of this problem.

Edit: sorry wrong problem I think. Was the facebook group for the weld or steering problems? Sorry got my potentially fatal defects mixed up.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I would be doing the same if I owned a wrangler with this problem but I don’t own one yet because of this problem.
Yep , THAT is the real reason FCA gave him a new Jeep ; the potential customers don't want to hear about cheap contractors' robots which cannot weld properly , and poor quality control inspections . The Forum has a power that Joe Schmo doesn't have .
Joe Schmo would still be waiting .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I think we can all agree that social media is a powerful tool but to blast FCA and say they would not be so kind without this forum is purely a matter of opinion.
Says the guy who will immediately post on this Forum if his Jeep has a serious problem . We will all support you @nvabill , so you don't have to wait for the dealer's phone call .

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Says the guy who will immediately post on this Forum if his Jeep has a serious problem . We will all support you @nvabill , so you don't have to wait for the dealer's phone call .
Agreed. Jeep owners are a community and communities hardly ever unanimously agree on things. However, communities, like families, always have each other’s back. I always keep an eye out for a broken down Jeep on the side of the road and would do anything possible to help out a fellow Jeeper. In a way that’s all that’s going on here. Those with new JL issues feel they are “broken down on the side of the road”. Also, they are making the rest of aware of potential issue we may experience. I’m all for it.
Sponsored