old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Great points and I feel the same way. I will be fighting for a buy back. Have my attorney on speed dial.
So , you want to spend more money on lawyers , rather than just swap out your JL for a different JL ? I would just swap out , myself .
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
will be.(already knew this).
now they are trying to figure out if they can fix the broken bracket on the track bar or if they need to replace the whole frame on the Jeep.
All I know is that I will not be getting back into the vehicle if they think a quick re-weld will do it justice. I’ll update once I get more information.
You are spot on exactly correct in distrusting a re-weld of a broken track bar . Just swap it out for another JL , already .

OP
OP
rboss

rboss

First Name
ROSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED
So , you want to spend more money on lawyers , rather than just swap out your JL for a different JL ? I would just swap out , myself .
Hoping I don’t have to spend any money on lawyers. I’m hoping Jeep stands by their product and customers and will give me a new vehicle no questions asked. I mean is that to much to ask for this issue? Hope not.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Hoping I don’t have to spend any money on lawyers. I’m hoping Jeep stands by their product and customers and will give me a new vehicle no questions asked. I mean is that to much to ask for this issue? Hope not.
Considering they literally almost killed you, no not at all. I'd keep stressing that point to them. You could have been in a huge multiple car accident killing lots of people. 100% their fault.

A lawyer might take that case for free. You never know .

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You are spot on exactly correct in distrusting a re-weld of a broken track bar . Just swap it out for another JL , already .
How do you propose he “just swap it out?” If FCA give him the option, of course. More likely, however, they will try to fix. Lemon law says they have to have that opportunity, too. A good lawyer might expedite things, or persuade them to offer a buy back.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
How do you propose he “just swap it out?” If FCA give him the option, of course. More likely, however, they will try to fix. Lemon law says they have to have that opportunity, too. A good lawyer might expedite things, or persuade them to offer a buy back.
So , buyer can immediately propose to FCA the option to swap it out with him ; why wait for FCA to give him the option ?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Considering they literally almost killed you, no not at all. I'd keep stressing that point to them. You could have been in a huge multiple car accident killing lots of people. 100% their fault.

A lawyer might take that case for free. You never know .
All of this is obvious to FCA ; just propose to FCA to swap out ; FCA would be stupid to refuse .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
So , propose FCA to swap out with you ; FCA would be stupid to refuse . But you are very correct to NEVER drive on a re-weld that has already failed . I just don't know any reason why you cannot propose this to FCA yourself ?

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
This thread is going to make me go over my Jeep with a fine tooth comb before I sign the papers. If I see one thing that doesn't look right I'm going to walk away. If I see one weld that even looks a little wrong, a shake in my clutch.. anything. I'm out.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This thread is going to make me go over my Jeep with a fine tooth comb before I sign the papers. If I see one thing that doesn't look right I'm going to walk away. If I see one weld that even looks a little wrong, a shake in my clutch.. anything. I'm out.
Very intelligent decision , jman ; but why not get a JK instead ? Ask yourself : what is it about a JK that would make you want a JL ? Or , what is it about these JL threads which would want you to get a JL instead of a JK ? Just asking ?

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Very intelligent decision , jman ; but why not get a JK instead ?
The JL is literally better in every way over the JK. I think demand is so crazy high that things are slipping through the cracks. I hope by the time I'm ready to take delivery these issues are sorted out. If not, I'll wait until they are.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The JL is literally better in every way over the JK. I think demand is so crazy high that things are slipping through the cracks. I hope by the time I'm ready to take delivery these issues are sorted out. If not, I'll wait until they are.
So , if they are better in every way , why are these threads here ? Just asking ?

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I posted this earlier in the thread, but here it goes, again:

3A2A36A7-6B7D-44F9-AB55-213F1BA9ABC5.jpeg
It kind of does work that way though. I had a suspension issue with my 2004 sport that was almost deadly. My dealership took it back and I was driving a new Jeep the next day. That one was flawless for 6 years.
Sponsored