old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Did you actually read it? Where does it say track bar comes off frame? It's a general info on weld inspections. Not a tsb.
If a track bar comes off frame , isn't it obvious that a track bar comes off frame ?

If a wheel falls off , isn't it obvious that a wheel falls off ?
Sponsored

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
He didn't say tsb , he said "welds in general" .
That's how this started, my comment about no tsb for track bar failures. I said TSB

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
READ VERY SLOWLY.... SHOW ME A T.S.B.
I never stated there was a TSB. You must have me confused with someone else.

I would love to see a recall for weld inspection. What’s scary is this weld was inpected by someone who placed a blue line over the weld, whether at Tower or in Toledo. I’ve seen lines and X over this weld on various JLs on the lot. FCA is surely aware of the problem but playing dumb. Hopefully NHTSA will step in and force their hand. The weld obviously looks misaligned which would fall under section 4 of the STAR publication.

Anyone checking the rear track bar mount?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
IMG_1094.JPG
Well add me and my Rubi to the list... 1,100 miles and no issues until this morning when I was getting off of the Palmetto Expressway in Miami and my steering wheel went right and I kept going straight. Luckily I limped it to the closest Jeep dealer and they where shocked to say the least. The track bar was off the frame and when you turned the steering wheel the whole front end bucked up and down like a low rider. They said they would call me on Monday but they also said they had to make sure i didn’t hit anything and I just laughed at them and I said right, any excuse to get out of fixing it. Sigh, hopefully they can fix it and not make me go through hoops.
I don’t know how much noise you want to make, but social media goes a long way. Owners have had their Jeeps replaced.

Jeep Informant is very active on the JL. He might do a video for you. That might get Jeep’s attention to expedite a response also.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiOsyFCRXGiFBra5EqWLN4A

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Has anybody used the Rustys track bar bracket? What does install entail?

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I don’t know how much noise you want to make, but social media goes a long way. Owners have had their Jeeps replaced.

Jeep Informant is very active on the JL. He might do a video for you. That might get Jeep’s attention to expedite a response also.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiOsyFCRXGiFBra5EqWLN4A
Maybe true but this is also a good way to get yourself on their shit list. Being nice and polite goes a long way, if that doesn't work then by all means.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
JLUR here. I’ve got a brace from Rusty’s on the way. It will be waiting for my 19 when it’s delivered.
My only concern with using an aftermarket bracket would be the warranty. I'm sure if anything happened down the road, regarding the front axle needing warranty work, it'd be easy for any dealer to deny the work since an aftermarket part was welded to the frame.
Sponsored