old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Maybe but I will wait first for a proper response from FCA. Especially because dealing with such a problem is certainly a pain for people in the US but for people in France it sure will be a f**king nightmare !
Ah , but you also have a "deux chevaux" , n'est-ce pas ?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I just filed a report and sent a picture to the NHTSA and got my report number. I am going to call JeepCares on Monday and ask them (wishful thinking) to tell my dealership that this is a known safety issue and if they would educate the dealership on what needs to happen. I really love this Jeep and it was my 45th birthday present that my wife custom ordered, so I really would like to get it fixed. I will take the wait and see approach.
Jeep cares is worthless. Have a dealer, any dealer put u in touch with your regional custoner service manager. Any buyback or major repair will have to likely go through them anyway.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder what models these are shearing off on. I think this is at least the second rubi.

I think when my 2019 arrives I might have a track bar bracket brace welded on.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder what models these are shearing off on. I think this is at least the second rubi.

I think when my 2019 arrives I might have a track bar bracket brace welded on.
JLUR here. I’ve got a brace from Rusty’s on the way. It will be waiting for my 19 when it’s delivered.

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Why are people so offended by the inspection process and verifying no signs of impact damage? It has to be done before any repair is made.

For example had a new Ram with 2000 miles on it last week that had a bent inner tie rod with obvious signs of impact damage. Ask the owner about it and then he remembers that he hit something...

Theres no need to assume dealer personal are all over forums trying to keep up with what wrangler owners are up to/issues they have. There are no service bulletins/star cases/service warnings that relate to failed track bar welds.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are people so offended by the inspection process and verifying no signs of impact damage? It has to be done before any repair is made.

For example had a new Ram with 2000 miles on it last week that had a bent inner tie rod with obvious signs of impact damage. Ask the owner about it and then he remembers that he hit something...

Theres no need to assume dealer personal are all over forums trying to keep up with what wrangler owners are up to/issues they have. There are no service bulletins/star cases/service warnings that relate to failed track bar welds.
Yes there are tsb

NCJeepn73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
Occupation
Technical SEO & Web Development

I've caught at least two slip ups, so to speak, where an FCA rep and Chrysler employees have said the track bar bracket welds are a known issue. How high up and how wide-spread it's known is another question/issue. But you're likely right in that not many dealerships know this is an issue occurring on JLs.

I also am one of those who made the comment about the dealership mentioning inspecting based on the owner possibly hitting something. I said that merely from the point that if anyone from the service dept. looked closely at the weld in the picture posted they would see that no part of the outer track bar bracket weld bead is adhered to the bracket top lip and that the bead got welded above the bracket lip, providing no penetration and only sitting on top of the lip.

That was the only reason I said that suggesting the owner hit something is somewhat on the absurd side... just from looking at the weld failure and where it occurred.

But if inspecting is just simply protocol to look for any impact damage then I'm sure they'll conclude the failure and where it came from soon enough.

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech