Track bar sheared off at the weld. I feel like I’m cursed with my new JL

1. old8tora

old8tora Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2016 JK Sport
    Liked:
    #496 Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    In a perfect world , at least one of the guys at the top ought to had a word with you , to steer you to someone who could help you . A telephone call , or a letter , perhaps .

Or , maybe the guys at the top have a steering defect ?

Rather than a customer throwing darts and hoping to get help . That would be frustrating .

2. Jeepsterfreak

Jeepsterfreak Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Honda, Future JLU
    Liked:
    In my corporate experience, I’ve always found the “cc” carbon copy email function very useful. When I need a response or resolution, cc’ing an individual’s boss or manager usually results in a faster response.

Phynal, viper88 and old8tora like this.
  3. old8tora

old8tora Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2016 JK Sport
    Liked:
    Why not write to the head bigfoot in the first place ? Why write to a little foot and cc the bigfoot ?

4. Jeepsterfreak

Jeepsterfreak Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Honda, Future JLU
    Liked:
    I would usually only cc the head bigfoot if the little foot is not doing their job. I would give the little foot an opportunity to respond or resolve my request. If they would not, then the manager, director, VP, or CEO gets cc’d on follow up request. This was a common occurrence with our IT department who would not facilitate requests needed for me to perform my job duties.

For serious issues, by all means, write to the CEO first but they may be too busy to respond. That’s why bigfoot has little feet as Directors and Managers.

Beetle Bailey and old8tora like this.
  5. Capt-Zoom

Capt-Zoom Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Capt-Zoom
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
    Liked:
    I usually give the level ones one shot...then it is to their super. If they dont resolve its to the ceo. Some CEs are great some not. Years ago i contacted directvs ceo Jon Syranyi and he resolved a $4k situation in less than a day and hooked me up for 5 years with perks.

old8tora and Jeepsterfreak like this.
  6. viper88

viper88 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    '19 JLR 2.0T
    Liked:
    Without a doubt.

7. old8tora

old8tora Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2016 JK Sport
    Liked:
    IT people are generally clueless about their own jobs , lol . But they all know how to play with their precious mobile phones , lol .

8. old8tora

old8tora Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2016 JK Sport
    Liked:
    There you go ! That's a good example of a good CEO . He didn't say : "sorry , not my job" .

Capt-Zoom likes this.
  9. Cabal09

Cabal09 Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Ray Grey JLUR
    Liked:
    IMG_1094.JPG Well add me and my Rubi to the list... 1,100 miles and no issues until this morning when I was getting off of the Palmetto Expressway in Miami and my steering wheel went right and I kept going straight. Luckily I limped it to the closest Jeep dealer and they where shocked to say the least. The track bar was off the frame and when you turned the steering wheel the whole front end bucked up and down like a low rider. They said they would call me on Monday but they also said they had to make sure i didn’t hit anything and I just laughed at them and I said right, any excuse to get out of fixing it. Sigh, hopefully they can fix it and not make me go through hoops.

Glamisfan, Redneck_Jedi and old8tora like this.
  10. UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bret
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Billet Silver JLUR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    PM inbound

old8tora likes this.
  11. NCJeepn73

NCJeepn73 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
    Liked:
    Technical SEO & Web Development
    Holy cow! Another one. This is what, #4 to 6 I've seen posted about the track bar bracket shearing off?

So glad you are OK. Jeep is dodging a bullet that no one has died because of this issue... yet!

I see the blue paint line on that weld. That tells me the weld was visually inspected at the frame factory or within the QC process and it still failed. Wth?

And no, you didn't hit anything. For the dealership to imply that means they are clueless as to the suseptability of the track bar bracket failing, as it has for others already in recent weeks and months. I'd reach out to FCA and Jeep Cares, file another complaint with NHTSA, and would ask for another Jeep.

Again, glad you are OK! That's what matters most of all.

12. NCJeepn73

NCJeepn73 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
    Liked:
    Technical SEO & Web Development
    I think we can all come to a consensus that these track bar brackets are poorly designed. Every one that has failed has done so on the highway, turning on or off an overpass, or just driving down the road at a safe and stable speed. Can you imagine off-roading or over landing miles and miles from no one and these failing. This is ridiculous. FCA needs to address this crap once and for all.

Redneck_Jedi and old8tora like this.
  13. Cabal09

Cabal09 Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Ray Grey JLUR
    Liked:
    Thanks for the PM and info. Luckily I am OK and watching football with the family. I appreciate it will get back to you.

old8tora and UNC Rubicon like this.
  14. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Karl
    Vehicle(s):
    Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
    Liked:
    "didn't hit anything"? Whoever said that to you is lucky their balls are still attached to their body (assuming they even have any), I'm not sure I'd have dealt with it as well as you.

old8tora likes this.
  15. Cabal09

Cabal09 Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Ray Grey JLUR
    Liked:
    I just filed a report and sent a picture to the NHTSA and got my report number. I am going to call JeepCares on Monday and ask them (wishful thinking) to tell my dealership that this is a known safety issue and if they would educate the dealership on what needs to happen. I really love this Jeep and it was my 45th birthday present that my wife custom ordered, so I really would like to get it fixed. I will take the wait and see approach.