track bar/ sector shaft brace

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Please report back if this setup works (teraflex track bar with Synergy brace) as I am looking at the same setup.
@bmedfo1 @NWJEEPJL , why insist on the Terraflex bar? Why not a known compliant trackback, like Synergy's own? Not trying to be a smart ass, just honestly curious.
Sponsored

NWJEEPJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Both parts are great quality and one or both actually did fix my wobble. The teraflex bar has a lobe on it that will hit the lowest bolt on the synergy bracket. The bracket is absolutely still adding a ton of reinforcement as the trackbar bolt holds them together at almost the same point. Even knowing I need to leave this bolt out I would buy this combo again.

955A7944-D09A-4B22-8B2D-87BAD6E7362A.jpeg
Thank you very much for the info.

NWJEEPJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Prior to the install I did not expect a problem. I have not had my hands on the synergy track bar and I’m sure it is top notch but the teraflex track bar is a 22 lb masterpiece. I also already had the teraflex axel side track bar bracket. For me selecting each component individually is part of the fun of the build.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Prior to the install I did not expect a problem. I have not had my hands on the synergy track bar and I’m sure it is top notch but the teraflex track bar is a 22 lb masterpiece. I also already had the teraflex axel side track bar bracket. For me selecting each component individually is part of the fun of the build.
I gotta admit, that Teraflex bar is a thing of beauty!

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Has anyone put this on with metal cloaks track bar? Also, does would another alignment be necessary afterwords? Wouldn’t think so since the geometry isn’t changing at all but just wondering.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
I cant think of any reason for an alignment. if you are replacing the track bar and your wheel are already centered just make it the same length.

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have about 1" or more play in the steering. If I get under the Jeep while someone is moving it back and forth (tires not moving) you can see the pitman arm slightly moving. Does anyone think this will tighten up that movement?

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
It will not tighten up a steering box with internal slop. My understanding is it's designed to strengthen the track bar mount to frame and aluminum steering box housing at the sector shaft/pitman arm. I had problems installing mine but believe it to be a good product. My JL's steering is excellent.
Thanks for the info, it's tough to tell what it slop in the steering box. How would you diagnose that?

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered this part along with the Teraflex Track bar. 1 anyone have this combo yet, hopefully it clears. I have 2" bumpstops.
Where did you guys get your 42MM. I have a 1200 LBS 1/2 impact but cant seem to find a 1/2 drive 42mm and prefer not to also buy an 1/2 to 3/4 adapter.
YOu need to know the brace and Teraflex will NOT play together unless you leave one bolt out.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Please report back if this setup works (teraflex track bar with Synergy brace) as I am looking at the same setup.
I have both, and no, they do not work together very well. The Teraflex track bar end that goes into the brace is too large, and there is a bolt that interferes with it seating properly in the brace. The only way to get them to work together is to: 1. Grind down the end of the track bar, or 2. Leave the bolt out.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Turns out my issue had nothing to do with the socket I was using. The problem was a hardened whitish gray substance that filled the last couple threads of the 1st problem nut. No way was that nut going to fully seat. Thats why the socket jumped and damaged the nut. I have no idea what is was or where where it came from.
In hind sight, I should have photographed it or mailed the bad nut to Snyergy but at that point with second nut installedI just wanted to be done with it and threw the first nut in the trash. BTW, Second nut threaded on by hand until seated and torqued down fine. LOL, My experience with this brace installation was one of only a few issues I’ve had installing a rather extensive list of after market parts. Just an unfortunate serious of minor issues that happen. It’s still a good worth while product IMO and finishes beefing up my steering linkage for 37” tires.
Glad to hear that the second nut did the trick, and fully agree that it's not worth any further hassle over a $39 nut.

I'm heading down the same path as you, as far as beefing up everything steering and suspension wise. I've got the Dynatrac lift, all 8 synergy control arms and their rear track bar, a Fox ts stabilizer, and the full Yeti SS steering linkage set and their front track bar sitting in my dining room. Was just waiting for synergy to release their rear track bar bracket for the axle side, and now you guys are convincing me to add this track bar/ sector shaft brace into the mix. I'm currently running 35's, but am gonna bump to 37's this spring.

I originally wanted to install everything in one day, but I may have to break it up a bit just in case i run into any hang ups like you mentioned having along the way.

NWJEEPJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just returned from a 30 mile ride on a windy back road and return by freeway 65/75 mph. My steering feels very good. Not rack&pinion very good like my VW Golf but for an old school system, this solid axle 4x4 is steering pretty damn good IMO. Even better than my 2012 Ram 3500 4x4. I guess I'm going to be making more Synergy purchases pretty soon!
FYI, My steering is the stock box, Synergy sector shaft bracket, Draglink, Tie-rod, and Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. Lift is Mopar with SteerSmart trackbar, and Synergy LCA's. Wheels are AEV JL Pintle and tires are Cooper SST Pro C rated 37x12.5r 17 @ 28 PSI.
Did you have any issues with the steersmart trackbar fitting in the Synergy Sector shaft brace? In other words where you able to use all bolts that came with the sector shaft brace kit?
Sponsored