Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had one installed on mine yesterday and had installed a set screw and red locktite on the bushing prior to the installation. I used Mystik 3% moly grease and pre-greased it and added a bit afterwards. In conjunction with it, a MetalCloak tie-rod, drag link, and trackbar was installed.

I will keep a close eye on it because I did turn really sharply once after the install and I had some groaning. It is too early to tell if that will continue, but in the event that it does, I will have the ears cut off and will use it as a trackbar brace only like the JK series has.

Synergy could have designed this so much better than they did by using all steel which would allow for a thicker bushing with grease groove machined in OR use a real bearing. The other huge strike that Synergy has against them is the piss-poor customer service that I have read about here when people report issues with this brace. Synergy more or less tells them to pound sand.
Sponsored

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree bad design, I Added my own groove. Damm thing started groaning 3 days into a 7 day overlanding trip and the bushing spun out of position. Had only been installed 3 weeks at that point and was hand greased and greased via the fitting upon install and it still dried up. Spoke to Synergy and their answer was to bang it out and reinstall with locktite so I had a machine shop add a groove and second hole for greasing. Won’t stop the drying out part but at least I don’t have to worry about the bushing spinning out of position preventing adding grease.

Jeep Wrangler JL track bar/ sector shaft brace 8C5EF2E7-6555-4B95-80CE-2260CB7182BE

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
I took mine apart last night will get picks pressed it out and will be metal setting it into the mount to see if it works. Mine was half a turn off and dry couldn't grease of course.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
they will send you the new upgraded one free as long as you have a proof of purchase.

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
from what I read they improved the grease channel and made it so it lines up better and grease actually gets to the bearing.
I'll snap a picture of the new one ( I havent installed it yet since I cant easily get to the back screw) and post it when I get home today

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
from what I read they improved the grease channel and made it so it lines up better and grease actually gets to the bearing.
I'll snap a picture of the new one ( I havent installed it yet since I cant easily get to the back screw) and post it when I get home today
Jeep Wrangler JL track bar/ sector shaft brace E5C5D423-1CAD-4A97-934B-ACE44FD3516D

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Synergy sent me the sector shaft replacement last week. Was the problem fixed ?

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I agree bad design, I Added my own groove. Damm thing started groaning 3 days into a 7 day overlanding trip and the bushing spun out of position. Had only been installed 3 weeks at that point and was hand greased and greased via the fitting upon install and it still dried up. Spoke to Synergy and their answer was to bang it out and reinstall with locktite so I had a machine shop add a groove and second hole for greasing. Won’t stop the drying out part but at least I don’t have to worry about the bushing spinning out of position preventing adding grease.

Jeep Wrangler JL track bar/ sector shaft brace E5C5D423-1CAD-4A97-934B-ACE44FD3516D
Why is the grease groove on the O.D. and not the I.D. where the sector shaft turns.

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i’ve had my replacement for about 2 months, just have not had time to borrow a friends lift bay. am going to do it next Friday

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why is the grease groove on the O.D. and not the I.D. where the sector shaft turns.
They are making it that way so it forces grease around to the other side, but it does seem it could work better doing it around the inside forcing grease around the full circumference if the shaft.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Because they haven't a clue. It should've been on the I.D. to help disperse the grease all the way around. The groove offers a path of less resistance, before exiting the joint. A groove on the O.D. will only take away from the amount of material contact between the wearable and parent bushings, resulting in a further weakening of an already flimsy press fit. There should've been an interrupted fit, which would've prevented the spinning in the first place.

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The grease from the fitting is coming in from the O.D. and the original problem is the bushing spinning out of position with the grease fitting preventing grease from entering the I.D. through the one tiny hole provided by Synergy. By adding the groove to the O.D. the position of the hole allowing grease to travel to the I.D. no longer matters. No matter the position the grease it going to travel around the groove until it finds one of the 2 holes in my modification to the I.D. I suppose I could have just added the groove and stuck with the one hole but I liked the idea of grease being injected on both sides since the goal is to grease the I.D. all the way around.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Steermsmarts is releasing thiers soon, it has a sealed roller bearing instead. No details on it though
Sponsored