track bar/ sector shaft brace

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Does the draglink disconnect pretty easy or do you risk boot damage with a pickle fork to get it apart?
On my JL, it comes apart pretty easy. I think this is because the knuckle is aluminum. I unscrewed the nut til it was flush with the end of the stud, and used a block of hardwood on the end of the end joint stud to hit with a hammer (steel).
Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to give her the ole’ college try and see what it’s all about. My steering isn’t horrible minus the pull to the right.
mine also pulls right and a small dead spot. No major steering issues. Had a road force balance done two days ago still pulls right. Could be the crowning of the roads. I’m thinking of the Synergy brace, tie rod and drag link but no one seems to have them in stock. Always 30 day shipping timeframe.

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
mine also pulls right and a small dead spot. No major steering issues. Had a road force balance done two days ago still pulls right. Could be the crowning of the roads. I’m thinking of the Synergy brace, tie rod and drag link but no one seems to have them in stock. Always 30 day shipping timeframe.
Northridge, Morris 4x4, polyperformance?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i found mine at
Poly Performance they had it in stock when no one else did

Sponsored

Rosco1983

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I have added the metalcloak drag link and tie rod with a teraflex stabilizer. It seems to drive just fine. I have been weighing two months for my sector shaft brace. I have been thinking about canceling my order now because I keep hearing about the bushing wearing out because it can't get greased properly. Has this issue been addressed with the new ones coming out? My jeep seems to drive fairly well in town or the highway .

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have added the metalcloak drag link and tie rod with a teraflex stabilizer. It seems to drive just fine. I have been weighing two months for my sector shaft brace. I have been thinking about canceling my order now because I keep hearing about the bushing wearing out because it can't get greased properly. Has this issue been addressed with the new ones coming out? My jeep seems to drive fairly well in town or the highway .
I was set to order the Synergy TR, DL and brace but after hearing all the issues people were having with the brace I’ve began looking at other TR and DL manufactures specifically MC because I want their 2.5 game changer lift! I wont pay a manufacturer for something I would end up having to fix. I had my mind set on Synergy but now on the fence
how do you like the MC TR&DL?

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
From what I was told from someone who works there is they have pulled what stock they have and are adding set screw or screws to the new ones and they won't be available for another month or so.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what I was told from someone who works there is they have pulled what stock they have and are adding set screw or screws to the new ones and they won't be available for another month or so.
Thanks for the info. ill hold off on my TR&DL decision as I got a quote from Synergy and almost placed the order until I read about the issue with the brace and complaints that they weren’t supporting those who purchased one.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Thanks for the info. ill hold off on my TR&DL decision as I got a quote from Synergy and almost placed the order until I read about the issue with the brace and complaints that they weren’t supporting those who purchased one.
I just spoke with them today and it seems they are going to take care of mine when they become available. Time will tell. Ill post back how it goes.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest you hold the purchase until after the new steering box TSB performed. If the aluminum light duty steering box is the root cause, what ever TR and DL and brace you throw at it will just mask the issue, it may make it a little bit better, but dealer can also use that to deny your TSB.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest you hold the purchase until after the new steering box TSB performed. If the aluminum light duty steering box is the root cause, what ever TR and DL and brace you throw at it will just mask the issue, it may make it a little bit better, but dealer can also use that to deny your TSB.
Is this TSB something recent Within the last 8 months. Do you have the TSB#

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
I never had a steering issue. I installed mine as a precautionary measure when I put on 37's. I was one of the lucky ones but I do believe the steering box is the root of it on the ones who have problems

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I had one installed on mine yesterday and had installed a set screw and red locktite on the bushing prior to the installation. I used Mystik 3% moly grease and pre-greased it and added a bit afterwards. In conjunction with it, a MetalCloak tie-rod, drag link, and trackbar was installed.

I will keep a close eye on it because I did turn really sharply once after the install and I had some groaning. It is too early to tell if that will continue, but in the event that it does, I will have the ears cut off and will use it as a trackbar brace only like the JK series has.

Synergy could have designed this so much better than they did by using all steel which would allow for a thicker bushing with grease groove machined in OR use a real bearing. The other huge strike that Synergy has against them is the piss-poor customer service that I have read about here when people report issues with this brace. Synergy more or less tells them to pound sand.
Sponsored