track bar/ sector shaft brace

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
you had most of the junk off. Drop the drag link and you could have checked the gear lash in the steering box. Then would have know if it needed to be "replaced by FCA "... Some have adjusted...
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I lot of these videos and reviews are BS. No offense. I have the Synergy Bracket and while you do notice some improvement I'd hardly call it "The Fix". My steering wheel still has dead spot. When will people understand that no amount of hardware tossed at the steering system will fix what is actually just a faulty steering box. ITs the Steering Gear Box thats the problem.
Then tighten the box nut 1/8" turn. Solved my dead spot issue.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
After driving a bit I noticed going over some rough roads there is a wobble felt in the steering (like the start of potential DW but doesnt get there, if thats any help in explaining it and yes I have had DW before on other jeeps and this feeling is not anywhere near lol). After the alignment shop still does the same thing, not sure they are competent to work on a jeep with all adj arms etc. Hard to find anywhere local that knows what they are doing. I checked with my digital angle finder and the pinon angle measuring on the two diff holes in the front is about 90deg so I should be running 6 deg caster but when I measure on bottom ball joint I read 8-9 degrees.

I read in another thread that possibly by tightening up the steering etc I might have exposed an underlying issue which makes sense theoretically.
I have the exact same issue, "almost" DW. lol Saw a video where the box was not tight to the frame and was flexing causing this feeling while driving hence why i want to try the brace.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Some people install this brace and say its just "meh" and others claims its the bee's knees. hmmm.
it almost like there are too many components to a steering system for one aftermarket piece to cure all of the steering issues...

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Some people install this brace and say its just "meh" and others claims its the bee's knees. hmmm.
Take note on who says it's the Bee's Knees. No offense but a lot of them are youtubers. They probably get this crap sponsored and feel obligated to say it cured everything.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the exact same issue, "almost" DW. lol Saw a video where the box was not tight to the frame and was flexing causing this feeling while driving hence why i want to try the brace.
I readjusted the tierod ends some after the alignment guy had his way. Seems to be a little bit better now but still feel a small shimmy sometimes. My caster is around 8 degrees so need to get that sorted out and see if it changes anything.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
it almost like there are too many components to a steering system for one aftermarket piece to cure all of the steering issues...
Exactly right. You must perform a process of elimination on the steering components to see exactly what is loose or flexing when it should not be.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Take note on who says it's the Bee's Knees. No offense but a lot of them are youtubers. They probably get this crap sponsored and feel obligated to say it cured everything.
Bingo....alot of people drinking the koolaid. The steering box is the culprit for the vast majority...save your $.

Atom44wat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Then tighten the box nut 1/8" turn. Solved my dead spot issue.
I don't disagree. I still have the dead spot in the steering. It is about 5 degrees in either direction. The brace and adjustable lower control arms made a huge impact though. I am not fighting to keep the Jeep on the road anymore. Fine adjustments while driving are still very much a thing though.
Compared to my F-150, the Jeep steering is a joke. Different setup completely but going from one to the other is very noticeable.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got my synergy brace on last night. Even though I don’t have any steering issues, I wheel it pretty hard, and with 37s, thought it would be a good idea. It made a considerable difference in the way the steering wheel feels, tighter. With my duel stabilizer and higher caster, my return to center wasn’t that much, but now it’s even less, which is ok, I like my steering wheel to feel like a race car.

IMHO .. if you’re considering this brace but are wondering if it’s worth it.... do it... especially if your lifted with 35 or larger tires, it’s definitely worth it even if you don’t have any steering issues.

Get one of these.....

18496964-8BD0-4D2D-875A-53C6B0FEC556.jpeg

It took literally 10 seconds to get the pitman nut off..... :)

62DDAE30-33DE-4AA3-8ECB-C5F796D949C8.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Got my synergy brace on last night. Even though I don’t have any steering issues, I wheel it pretty hard, and with 37s, thought it would be a good idea. It made a considerable difference in the way the steering wheel feels, tighter. With my duel stabilizer and higher caster, my return to center wasn’t that much, but now it’s even less, which is ok, I like my steering wheel to feel like a race car.

IMHO .. if you’re considering this brace but are wondering if it’s worth it.... do it... especially if your lifted with 35 or larger tires, it’s definitely worth it even if you don’t have any steering issues.

Get one of these.....

18496964-8BD0-4D2D-875A-53C6B0FEC556.jpeg

It took literally 10 seconds to get the pitman bolt off..... :)

62DDAE30-33DE-4AA3-8ECB-C5F796D949C8.jpeg
Where did you get the socket? The brick and mortars are a dead end and Tekton shows a 41 and up to about 50, but no 42 6-point. Thanks for the info!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the socket? The brick and mortars are a dead end and Tekton shows a 41 and up to about 50, but no 42 6-point. Thanks for the info!
No problem..... Amazon.... I got the socket and adapter.

47B29D21-0447-47D2-B2A4-D9CBB60D4E63.jpeg
C0D96D78-2568-43C0-A230-6E1DA7D74FCB.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is exactly why I am considering getting one. I have 37's and I'm getting into harder wheelin.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Has anyone gone from basic brace ( without sector brace ) to the Synergy sector shaft brace. Did you feel a worth the money upgrade?
I have just track bar brace.
Kevin,
I installed mine yesterday. I don't have it back on the road because I'm installing Steersmarts tierod, draglink w/attenuator, and a falcon damper at the same time. I had installed a Yeti Pro trackbar last fall and it took about 85% of the steering looseness/play out. But there was this little 1/2 - 1" of play in the middle. Just slightly irritating, but not enough to make it wander or hard to drive. But back to the brace. I didn't notice any lateral play in the sector shaft of my steering box. But they designed this thing to solve a problem they saw. For my steering box, it may just be a damage preventative measure.

What I did notice when I had the draglink disconnected, was that the steering box (Oct 2018 build) had a little play when I wiggled the pitman arm. Maybe 1/16-3/32" of play. I took the plunge and adjusted the steering box to remove all but about .010-.020" . I think all this other steering stuff (except the trackbar) I'm installing will not matter for steering looseness, but will improve durability on the trail. But the steering box adjustment I believe will be the thing that tightened up that last 15% of looseness. I should have it together later today and report after I drive it on the highway. I had a tiny little dead steering zone and some light shimmy when I hit highway irregularities. Never had death wobble.

20200306_070312.jpg

Last edited: