Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Some people install this brace and say its just "meh" and others claims its the bee's knees. hmmm.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Some people install this brace and say its just "meh" and others claims its the bee's knees. hmmm.
I'm going to install mine tomorrow. Attempt number 2 since I finally got the right socket. I don't have horrible steering. It's got a small dead spot and slight wandering on the highway. I will be driving about 30 minutes on the highway to and from installing it. I'll let you know if I feel any difference. I also have a metalcloak track bar. Hoping it clears with all ther bolts in place.

Mitchherm

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m going to give her the ole’ college try and see what it’s all about. My steering isn’t horrible minus the pull to the right.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I installed mine on stock steering components. I'm running 37's on Mopar lift. This solved the wondering for me! I had to keep my hands on the wheel at all times or else the Jeep would just wonder away. Now I can relax the hands and the Jeep stays straight and true.

Also, the sector shaft nut was a bear. Impact driver and some WD40 was the trick but it was in no way easy.
I turned mine off with my fingers. It was that loose.

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I'm going to install mine tomorrow. Attempt number 2 since I finally got the right socket. I don't have horrible steering. It's got a small dead spot and slight wandering on the highway. I will be driving about 30 minutes on the highway to and from installing it. I'll let you know if I feel any difference. I also have a metalcloak track bar. Hoping it clears with all ther bolts in place.
I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts after the install. I recently put on the Synergy LCAs and that made a big difference. Their track bar will be here tomorrow. If the brace makes a difference it will be my next upgrade.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Has anyone gone from basic brace ( without sector brace ) to the Synergy sector shaft brace. Did you feel a worth the money upgrade?
I have just track bar brace.

Atom44wat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
After installing some adjustable lower control arms, it really made the Jeep solid. This is what it needed. A bit more castor and some firming up has helped the most.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
After installing some adjustable lower control arms, it really made the Jeep solid. This is what it needed. A bit more castor and some firming up has helped the most.
That big of a difference? Man, I wish I would have done those sooner. I just ordered a set but they’re on back order until March 10th. I wanted to get the uppers too but I’ll wait.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
That big of a difference? Man, I wish I would have done those sooner. I just ordered a set but they’re on back order until March 10th. I wanted to get the uppers too but I’ll wait.
Yes, getting your caster angle to ~6 deg makes a world of difference. Very noticeable.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
After driving a bit I noticed going over some rough roads there is a wobble felt in the steering (like the start of potential DW but doesnt get there, if thats any help in explaining it and yes I have had DW before on other jeeps and this feeling is not anywhere near lol). After the alignment shop still does the same thing, not sure they are competent to work on a jeep with all adj arms etc. Hard to find anywhere local that knows what they are doing. I checked with my digital angle finder and the pinon angle measuring on the two diff holes in the front is about 90deg so I should be running 6 deg caster but when I measure on bottom ball joint I read 8-9 degrees.

I read in another thread that possibly by tightening up the steering etc I might have exposed an underlying issue which makes sense theoretically.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Not sure if anyone has asked this. Does the sector shaft brace work with the MC front track bar? Such as fitment/compatible?

Mitchherm

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not sure if anyone has asked this. Does the sector shaft brace work with the MC front track bar? Such as fitment/compatible?
Im about to find out on saturday after i install, but now i see the track bar in person I don't see why it wouldnt. It should fit just fine, I read around and found a couple people say it does.