Sponsored

Track bar frame weld issue recall! [Updated with official UA5 recall notice w/ repair procedure]

sdevaux

First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited
Same but now mine says the status is "Complete".
I brought it to the dealer on Sat and haven't heard the status yet.
Interesting.
Mine has been at the dealer for 12 days now. Still nothing from Chrysler except the dealer is to keep it and not allow it on the road. Not happy!
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Mine has been at the dealer for 12 days now. Still nothing from Chrysler except the dealer is to keep it and not allow it on the road. Not happy!
At their rental rate which they charge us , they owe you about $ 1,200 .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
She indicated she was just informed by FCA to not take any more appointments until further notice. She said I was first on the list when something changes. Taken back by this, I called my actual dealer (Station) and there was no such problem
By what means was she "just informed" ? A memo from the service manager , perhaps ?

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
Same but now mine says the status is "Complete".
I brought it to the dealer on Sat and haven't heard the status yet.
Interesting.
If the status is now "Complete" maybe that means it passed the inspection and they are not recommending any repairs. You and the dealer have not been informed yet.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I know that she broke away from me to make sure that was the case. I'm sure she confirmed it with a superior as I could here her speaking in the background. She did tell me it was directed from FCA. All I know is that I was turned away from being seen by them and apparently it was just communicated to them and I'm first on their list when something changes. I then called my actual dealer who sold me my wrangler and there was no problem. Maybe they were sick of dishing out of loaners and she blew smoke up my arsh. Anyways It's being seen Thursday.

Sponsored

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
Now go beat on your track bar mount with a rubber mallet to knock it loose and claim it happened on the drive home! Maybe they will replace your Jeep.
I stopped and bought some nice rib-eye steaks and a big bottle of Jameson's (Stout Cask Edition). That should give me the strength to really hammer away at that mount!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I stopped and bought some nice rib-eye steaks and a big bottle of Jameson's (Stout Cask Edition). That should give me the strength to really hammer away at that mount!
John Jameson would use his fists on that mount to check the weld.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m really getting frustrated. Mine has been waiting for a weld since October 17th. I was supposed to leave for Arizona on the 15th! Iā€™m in limbo. Itā€™s not the dealers fault but the Zone manager and national donā€™t seem to care!

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Iā€™m really getting frustrated. Mine has been waiting for a weld since October 17th. I was supposed to leave for Arizona on the 15th! Iā€™m in limbo. Itā€™s not the dealers fault but the Zone manager and national donā€™t seem to care!
Ask your gm to put u in touch with the regional customer service manager. He or she can likely accelerate this process. Also check your vin on th recall site. Some are reporting it says they are complete before the dealer or customer is notified.

Sponsored

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ch
Might check your state Lemon Law. Would be good to be educated on when it would qualify.

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler
Had mine in yesterday to have my leaky shocks replaced and also to get the welds checked and thankfully mine are fine.

sdevaux

First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited
Hey all, this is day 13 that my Jeep has been with the dealer for the weld issue. They still haven't heard from Chrysler and reported they will reach out to them again today. I sent a request in through Jeep Waves a week ago for info and have not received a response. I also sent and email to
[email protected], same result. Any recommendations on how I can get through to someone that can provide info? Also, how do I check the status of the repair? It looks like some can tell the status of their repairs online. I look up the VIN and see its affected but cant see the status of the repair. Where do you access that info? I am so not happy about this. Darn rental is a mini van.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hey all, this is day 13 that my Jeep has been with the dealer for the weld issue. They still haven't heard from Chrysler and reported they will reach out to them again today. I sent a request in through Jeep Waves a week ago for info and have not received a response. I also sent and email to
[email protected], same result. Any recommendations on how I can get through to someone that can provide info? Also, how do I check the status of the repair? It looks like some can tell the status of their repairs online. I look up the VIN and see its affected but cant see the status of the repair. Where do you access that info? I am so not happy about this. Darn rental is a mini van.
If it sits at the dealer unrepaired for 30 days, it may qualify as a lemon. Check your state lemon laws.
Sponsored