Sponsored

Track bar frame weld issue recall! [Updated with official UA5 recall notice w/ repair procedure]

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Also: It states "Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available" If no Remedy is available whats the point LOL. I wonder if we can just buy the RUSTY's support bracket and claim a reimbursement.
I think no remedy means it can’t be fixed and you get a new vehicle. It says in the recall those affected vehicles can’t be sold.
Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Also: It states "Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available" If no Remedy is available whats the point LOL. I wonder if we can just buy the RUSTY's support bracket and claim a reimbursement.
This...and I am part of this recall too ugh...

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I think no remedy means it can’t be fixed and you get a new vehicle. It says in the recall those affected vehicles can’t be sold.
I highly doubt those with this Recall are all going to get new vehicles.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
It’s about time. Hopefully FCA will get the affected JL’s off the road and repaired or replaced before anyone gets hurt or killed.

Glad to see FCA being proactive instead of reactive.

Thanks @LABLUE for posting this. :like:

We all know what you went through and I am surprised to see you describe this as being proactive. I feel like this has been way too long in waiting. Regardless, I am very relieved for you and the rest of us with concerns to see this finally be addressed.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
We all know what you went through and I am surprised to see you describe this as being proactive. I feel like this has been way too long in waiting. Regardless, I am very relieved for you and the rest of us with concerns to see this finally be addressed.
Agreed. It’s about time they step up and acknowledge the issue.

Sponsored

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I just called my dealership and they were completely clueless. They said I would be alerted once parts were available. I checked my welds a couple months back and to my very untrained eye they looked okay. I am wondering if they are pulling in all the possible impacted vehicles to do another inspection and if the welds look good they release the recall on your vehicle. I have no idea what they will do if the welds are bad though. Any ideas?

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Up until this point, FCA has been reacting to the welding issues. Now that there is a recall in place, they are actively pursuing affected vehicles to get them off the road.

Yes, NHTSA is involved. Yes, it took longer than it should. Regardless, progress is progress.

jdog1969

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2 door
Great, mine is included in the recall. I was hoping it would be for a different date range

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
I just called my dealership and they were completely clueless. ........?
I was about to post the question of: Okay the recall has been thrown out there, how long before Dealers even know whats going on?" At this point I'm afraid to even take it in with the fear they may not even know what the heck to look for and just claim its fine.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I highly doubt those with this Recall are all going to get new vehicles.
in the main document it says fix will be available Q4 so I'm sure they will do a fix soon

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Looks like I’m up to five things that need fixed now...

OP
OP
LABLUE

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
I just called my dealership and they were completely clueless. They said I would be alerted once parts were available. I checked my welds a couple months back and to my very untrained eye they looked okay. I am wondering if they are pulling in all the possible impacted vehicles to do another inspection and if the welds look good they release the recall on your vehicle. I have no idea what they will do if the welds are bad though. Any ideas?
If you call a dealer they may not know. Some service advisors would actually have to search for it.... its really hard for some thats hard to do, or just lazy. We have a policy in place that all service advisors get daily emails with new recalls. This way they know whats coming. I'm a tech and have signed up for email updates on recall updates.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
This is what mine look like. Kind of hard to see with the dirt but they seem to be fine.

5C560440-87CC-4E1A-B6F1-F1F5A34D57BA.jpeg

667C2CC4-3F7C-4499-B970-B82C2D4A5236.jpeg

B780034F-CD68-42B8-9520-7377B7544503.jpeg

Last edited:

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
The recall is showing up for mine as well. Oof.
Sponsored