TPS Offline

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I started my jeep up today and the TPS just read blank. The pressure is 35 in each tire. It is not reading low, just blank.

Anyone have this happen or know afix?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Good luck! I was aware of that thread because I have been paying attention reports of TPMS function, and I have also been considering getting or not getting a Tazer for use with my JLUR.

Your post reminded me that I had recently read of a similar issue.

I hope some of the info in that link helps.

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck! I was aware of that thread because I have been paying attention reports of TPMS function, and I have also been considering getting or not getting a Tazer for use with my JLUR.

Your post reminded me that I had recently read of a similar issue.

I hope some of the info in that link helps.
Yea, if I can't get it reset, I might just leave the tazer and disable TPM so it won't throw a code.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, if I can't get it reset, I might just leave the tazer and disable TPM so it won't throw a code.
Turn it off with Tazer or similar, TPMS issues are a huge headache.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It still shows the light on the dash.
If you turn TPMS off with a Tazer or JSCAN there are no lights and no Issues, but also no pressure page on the EVIC but we all know what a flat feels like and a tire pressure gage usually never breaks and requires no batteries.

Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If I were selling a recently manufactured vehicle, I would not want to sell it with a disabled TPMS system that had been corrupted or disabled by a computer code hacking appliance which had been attached to the vehicle.

It is fairly simple to maintain a fully functional TPMS system.

The myriad of excuses made to explain why a TPMS system has become non functional are far more complicated than the routine of procedures that ensure that the system works as intended.

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ies-of-tpms-ignorance-of-the-law-is-no-excuse

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
If I were selling a recently manufactured vehicle, I would not want to sell it with a disabled TPMS system that had been corrupted or disabled by a computer code hacking appliance which had been attached to the vehicle.

It is fairly simple to maintain a fully functional TPMS system.

The myriad of excuses made to explain why a TPMS system has become non functional are far more complicated than the routine of procedures that ensure that the system works as intended.

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ies-of-tpms-ignorance-of-the-law-is-no-excuse
Any car reseller, dealer etc (someone with a dealers license and not private party) can't even sell a vehicle without the TPMS working properly if it is outfitted with one.

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I assumed that the trade in retailer would balk at the deal with the light on. I tried the reset sequence. No luck. I went by Discount Tire and they did a scan to reset it. No luck

Then the guy called me and asked about getting the paperwork over. I told him the issue and he blew it off as no biggie just do the deal and they will take care of it. Bonus. I got to be honest and they accepted. Win win.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
If you turn TPMS off with a Tazer or JSCAN there are no lights and no Issues, but also no pressure page on the EVIC but we all know what a flat feels like and a tire pressure gage usually never breaks and requires no batteries.
Odd. I turned mine off. Still has the light on the dash, but no more screen warnings.

OP
OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odd. I turned mine off. Still has the light on the dash, but no more screen warnings.
Yes, the tazer can eliminate the TPMS all together. Light and all. The difference is that I am selling it to a resale company. They have to have an operative TPMS to resell it. The GiveMeTheVIN.com guys offered $1k more than the tradein I was offered. Makes my payoff so I am good. They are not concerned about the warning light so all the better.
Sponsored