TPMS Warning light on, but all sensors read pressure

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
I had the exact same issue but mine read from the first install and the idiot light never went out, it was not until Chris of a Tankcustoms got ahold of his vendor and they replaced all 5 sensors with new OEM ones and then they all started working but it seems that these JL’s have a mind of there own with these sensors
So you change all 5 tpms sensor mopar oem and works. What is aftermarket tpms brand before also what is your tires pressure and tpms warning light and are you using tazer mini?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I went to discount tires and they scan all tires read no problem.
Ask them if i change this to new tpms, is tpms warning light turn off and they said not sure.
Tpms warning light is on, i will clear it using Tazer mini, but after driving couple minutes tpms light will turn on again. Don't know what causing tpms light on. Discount tires selling me the schrader tpms model 33560 for $60 each and don't want to buy new tpms and tpms light still on. My tires is nitto ridge grappler lt.
35x12.50r20 Tire pressure is all 30 psi
Tpms set warning light to 25 psi
Using Tazer Mini
@jhern88

In testing , again as a test, have you tried running all with the recommended psi on the door sticker to see if light goes out? If so, result..

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I'm having a similar problem. I picked up 5 mostly new take-offs from Craigslist, identical to the originals. After swapping them out, I drove it for 15 minutes with no warnings. Then warnings came on for three of the tires having no reading. Ironically, one of the tires getting no reading is the original spare that came from my vehicle, and the one tire that is reading fine is one of the used tires.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I went to discount tires and they scan all tires read no problem.
Ask them if i change this to new tpms, is tpms warning light turn off and they said not sure.
Tpms warning light is on, i will clear it using Tazer mini, but after driving couple minutes tpms light will turn on again. Don't know what causing tpms light on. Discount tires selling me the schrader tpms model 33560 for $60 each and don't want to buy new tpms and tpms light still on. My tires is nitto ridge grappler lt.
35x12.50r20 Tire pressure is all 30 psi
Tpms set warning light to 25 psi
Using Tazer Mini
So you change all 5 tpms sensor mopar oem and works. What is aftermarket tpms brand before also what is your tires pressure and tpms warning light and are you using tazer mini?
I just never had really good luck with the three sets of sensors I tried and like you I discussed with with the DT Tire Rep at my favorite DT tire store and we discussed lots of options from using different sensors to a different stem that pushes the sensors more towards the center of my wheel but in all honesty I was not willing to shell at 5x$60 for sensors and I got tired of using and trying different ones so I used JSCAN and turned it off and just use the tire gage I have always carried in the Jeep

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm having a similar problem. I picked up 5 mostly new take-offs from Craigslist, identical to the originals. After swapping them out, I drove it for 15 minutes with no warnings. Then warnings came on for three of the tires having no reading. Ironically, one of the tires getting no reading is the original spare that came from my vehicle, and the one tire that is reading fine is one of the used tires.

@ODDs

Try the following.... with those new take offs that you are sure have the proper TPMS sensors in them..

Make sure your PSI is set to what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If that is a no go try -->Often the spare messes things up so remove the spare, leave it in the garage and go drive for a few minutes. Once all displays properly, put the spare back on the spare holder.

Also try: --> the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
@ODDs

Try the following.... with those new take offs that you are sure have the proper TPMS sensors in them..

Make sure your PSI is set to what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If that is a no go try -->Often the spare messes things up so remove the spare, leave it in the garage and go drive for a few minutes. Once all displays properly, put the spare back on the spare holder.

Also try: --> the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

Thanks for the advice, I'll give those tips a try!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
@ODDs

Well, I gave both of those a go, but no success. The one tire that has been reading pressure did continue to show accurate readings, and the others still show --.

I may have to resort to taking it to the dealer. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Has anyone had their Check Engine Light come on after having this issue? My TPMS light has been one for 2 days even though all readings are accurate. Today the CEL came on. I have a sick dog right now, so I can’t go to the dealership or autozone. Bad things come in 3’s, I also had a bad doctor visit and might need surgery on my lower back immediately.

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
OK OK OK OK OK. My Jeep has had the factory sensors moved over to my Rockmonsters for about 8 months. ZERO Issues and have done many rotation And balances. They have always re synced and have had no issues. Well a week ago I had them rotated again. 10 miles later I had flashing TPMS and then it went solid. Still shows psi on all 4. I rebooted the tazer and that turned the light off but it shortly came back. I did the reboot a few times. It always came back. Then yesterday I was waiting on a friend of mine at the airport. I sat in my Jeep for a little over an hour. I had the key to ACC to charge my iPad while I was sitting there reading this thread trying to figure out the issue. I had to turn back to ACC every 15 mins or so. My friend got to the airport we left and the tpms has never came back on. I’ve drove 120 miles and several key cycles since then. No more TPMS light. The only thing I can think of is sitting there with the key on for over an hour. Prob closer to 1.5 hrs. It re synced. Idk. Give it a shot guys.

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
OK OK OK OK OK. My Jeep has had the factory sensors moved over to my Rockmonsters for about 8 months. ZERO Issues and have done many rotation And balances. They have always re synced and have had no issues. Well a week ago I had them rotated again. 10 miles later I had flashing TPMS and then it went solid. Still shows psi on all 4. I rebooted the tazer and that turned the light off but it shortly came back. I did the reboot a few times. It always came back. Then yesterday I was waiting on a friend of mine at the airport. I sat in my Jeep for a little over an hour. I had the key to ACC to charge my iPad while I was sitting there reading this thread trying to figure out the issue. I had to turn back to ACC every 15 mins or so. My friend got to the airport we left and the tpms has never came back on. I’ve drove 120 miles and several key cycles since then. No more TPMS light. The only thing I can think of is sitting there with the key on for over an hour. Prob closer to 1.5 hrs. It re synced. Idk. Give it a shot guys.

Thats a long time to sit there and drain your battery. i currently have this issue on my JT. I am just living with the light on as my pressures seem to read ok. I tried to reset with the JSCAN but it just comes back on.

Sponsored

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Thats a long time to sit there and drain your battery. i currently have this issue on my JT. I am just living with the light on as my pressures seem to read ok. I tried to reset with the JSCAN but it just comes back on.
not a long time at all considering the USB ports stay on for an hour after the jeep is shut off anyway. All I had using power was a phone charger. My cell phone booster is plugged in 24hr’s a day 7 days a week always powered up. No issues.

hardrock_sea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
My 2021 JLUR just started having the exact same TPMS problem after its first tire rotation. TPMS light remains on, but the tire pressure reads fine. Hope there is a solution soon. It is annoying.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 JLUR just started having the exact same TPMS problem after its first tire rotation. TPMS light remains on, but the tire pressure reads fine. Hope there is a solution soon. It is annoying.
Did you ever get this solved?
New tires on mine and they're all reading fine, however the tpms light is on.

It's been driven almost 50 miles at this point with the oe sensors on the new tires actively updating (41psi).

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
i finally got mine to go off. I rotated the tires and it went off. Weird.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Rotated the spare in and it went away. Wonder if it was just that the original four wheels weren't put back in place and the tpms on the spare was expected instead... still, I would have thought it would update within 50 miles as it was reading all four tires.
Sponsored