TPMS Warning light on, but all sensors read pressure

1. flight4f

flight4f Member

First Name:
    MATT
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JEEP JLU RUBICON
    Liked:
    I have this exact same Issue, I have Tried fixing this for weeks, I have driven for hours in hopes the system will “learn” as the dealer ship called it. The dealer has had so many people complain about this and have no fix I guess. The TPM codes always come back after and turn the light back on after the dealer clears the codes, the codes are :
    TPM C1580 Left/Right side Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
    TPM C1581 Front/Rear Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
    TPM C151D Tire Pressure Sensor Location Undetermined,
    BCM U1514-87 Engine Controller Secret Code-Missing Message.
    The Tazer doesn't read the TPM or BCM codes for me to reset, Seeing how Jeep has no fix for this in sight, Im hoping because the PSI reads correctly on the display Tazer will add a setting to leave the display for the TPMS active but disable the light.

Goin2drt likes this.
  2. melendez69

melendez69 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3 / 2018 JLR (all manual, of course)
    Liked:
    Yes
    Garage Profiles:
    + @morricus

Aside from there not being a permanent fix, the TPMS warning light problem can be resolved. It happened to me not too long ago.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/

3. flight4f

flight4f Member

First Name:
    MATT
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JEEP JLU RUBICON
    Liked:
    Its not a PSI issue. Its a jeep TPM programming Issue I believe or a weak transmitter signal as others have said from other threads. I have ran my tires at 40 PSI for days and the light never went out. All the codes causing my issue and many others I believe is from the Jeep computer not correctly locating the sensors. Jeep dealer will clear my codes and the light will go out for a day or two then come back. The pressures always read fine on the display. I have even tested the display live with and without the Tazer installed as I aired down to 20 PSI then back up to 40 PSI. Every tire on the display worked fine Live showing the tires correct position and the correct PSI as I went up and down. The codes that cause the Light to stay on even though the display is working correctly in my case are:
    TPM C1580 Left/Right side Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
    TPM C1581 Front/Rear Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
    TPM C151D Tire Pressure Sensor Location Undetermined,
    BCM U1514-87 Engine Controller Secret Code-Missing Message.

Goin2drt likes this.
  4. Howi

Howi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
    Liked:
    All OEM , no Tazer involved, had this for a few weeks now, tyre pressure all good;

B2ABFA12-CAC0-4FF9-871A-0D36E73E236E.jpeg

5. Halstem1

Halstem1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Can I piggy back a question on here from you guys? kinda related.... there is a big difference between when I check my pressure manually and what the TPMS says it is. Why? And does it matter? I've used 3 manual pressure gauges and they all read the same. Then the TPMS is always about 4 PSI higher. The temp dropped last week and I checked all with a gauge and all were at 28 PSI. Inside on the dash they were all 32 PSI.

6. WranglerMan

WranglerMan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    Gas Pipeliner
    Garage Profiles:
    Seems these TOMS sensors have issues, not sure if it’s the module or the actual wheel sensor

7. stitch

stitch Member

Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
    Liked:
    I am having very similar problem since today (although my JL has factory Mud Tires and Tazer Jl installed).
    Front right end aft left tire pressure suddenly showed in red (and the orange tire pressure warning light) when driving 2 hours on highway. Despite the TPMS shows good psi readings on all tires and have manually pressure checked confirmed pressure is ok.
    Since you have similar issue, I don't think it is JL Tazer related, but looks more like a sensor transmission problem / software related bcse suddenly two tires were in red for unclear reason .... Looking forward for someone finding the remedy for this / how this error can be reset?

8. Howi

Howi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
    Liked:
    I now think its just poor software, if the pressure drops below x it will only reset when above y.

mine dropped below x due to a cold night , as I had set my temps closer to x than factory it didn't ever get to y to reset.

I had to add a few psi in each and go on a drive to get it to reset then dropped it down once it had.

Other systems are a bit clever than ours and factor in temp changes and use time averaging, sudden loss etc.

I need my x y window moving down.

9. WranglerMan

WranglerMan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
    Liked:
    Gas Pipeliner
    Garage Profiles:
    Seems these TPMS sensor issues plague some of us and others not so much and a lot depends on after market mods especially lifts and wheels, my thought is jerk they all out and carry a tire gage or use a Tazer and turn the crap off

Goin2drt likes this.
  10. stitch

stitch Member

Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
    Liked:
    Totally agree with your reasoning of the cause - my problem happened after having driven up / down the snowy mountain - but was all confusing bcse there seems to be a ~4hr delay following the outside temp change and then the TPMS warning 4 hrs later...
    Today, when driving around in warmer climate, all went back to normal (but again it did take about 5-6 hours - I assume huge software /sensor time filters are applied . So definitely temperature /software related. Anyway, I will set the pressure limits a bit lower with the Tazer in order to avoid an outside temp change giving me bells and wistles on the dash...

Howi likes this.
  11. echo17

echo17 Active Member

First Name:
    Elliott
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Just figured that I would echo the same problems. My car is brand new. No TPMS Sensor issues until I swapped to 37" tires. I was driving on the AEV 2.5" lift for a few days and never had that issue. It all started only after the wheel and tazer mini install. After unmarrying and rebooting everything about 10 times, I've isolated and come to the conclusion its the wheels. Perhaps the distance is just too great for the signal to reach. To support that conclusion even more, I have also noticed that the system sometimes doesn't even read the sensors. It just shows a red line. But it truly is annoying. Note that I am also driving an export Rubicon in Australia.