TPMS, UConnect app reads insanely high

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
New wheels and tires installed, and left rear doesn't show up on the Jeep itself. I have rotated tires several times, and it's always the left rear that is not showing. I went to the dealer to schedule an appointment for recalibrating my speedo for the 37" tires. While I was there, I opened up the UConnect app and notice left rear at 255psi. I know this is not accurate because I have checked them all, and even rotated all the tires (Spare included). I am curious if recalibrating the speedometer for the larger tires will help. Has anybody come across anything similar, and if so, what fixed it?

Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS, UConnect app reads insanely high IMG_5324.PNG
Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS, UConnect app reads insanely high tempImage4tRurW
Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If it's always the left rear after rotating the tires, that suggests the TPMS sensors in the wheels are fine and one of the receivers is broken, no?

Sorry, can't pinpoint where the receivers are, I've never looked for them, but this thread has a photo of what to look for: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/broken-tpms-receiver-sensor-wheres-it-located.56385/

It's interesting to me that the number 255 shows up, because that could be indicative of some hardware error, where all the bits that represent that value in the firmware are errantly lit.

Justing987

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD
I’m experiencing the same issue w/ no reading on 1 wheel and uconnect displaying 255psi. New wheels and Tpms sensors just installed. Tire shop tried to reprogram twice. Works for a day then the error happens. How did you resolve. 2022 Jeep JLu

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
I’m experiencing the same issue w/ no reading on 1 wheel and uconnect displaying 255psi. New wheels and Tpms sensors just installed. Tire shop tried to reprogram twice. Works for a day then the error happens. How did you resolve. 2022 Jeep JLu
Mine did the same thing, battery was dying in the sensor after only 6 months of ownership. Swapped in a new sensor and all was good. If yours keeps doing it then rotate the tires to see if it follows, might take up to 40 miles of driving to switch over. If it never switches location on the dash then it’s likely going to be the receiver and not the sensor.
Sponsored