Sponsored

TPMS trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 43521
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 43521

2020 JLU SPORT S. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A SET OF OEM wheels and tires from a 2019 Jeep. ( liked the look better). After doing the swap of all five the TPMS won’t go away, it turns on every time saying no sensor and shows the “-“ at the wheels on the screen. I have searched and some sites say that it will automatically go away if the sensors are not detected. Other sites talk about a reset button. Haven’t found such a thing. I am trying to figure out how to either 1-shut off TPMS;2-find said reset button. Before it is said. I don’t want to install tpms in the wheels if they are not there. I feel TPMS is a lazy mans tool to skip vehicle maintenance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 43521

Quick update I had the stock alloy wheels and tires. The oem I replace with are the machine granite wheels.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
are you certain the wheels you purchased had TPMS sensors? could the original owner have had them removed to be put on whatever wheels they have now on their jeep?

I know when I buy new wheels, I'll sell my old ones, but I'll have the TPMS sensors moved over to the new rims. Maybe its what the person your purchased the used rims from did.

OP
OP

Deleted member 43521

The guy said they don’t have sensors in them. The valve stems were the ones that have the TPMS. I am just wanting turn off the TPMS or reset it

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
are you certain the wheels you purchased had TPMS sensors? could the original owner have had them removed to be put on whatever wheels they have now on their jeep?

I know when I buy new wheels, I'll sell my old ones, but I'll have the TPMS sensors moved over to the new rims. Maybe its what the person your purchased the used rims from did.
This first. If you are confident they have TPMS then do this.

1. Lower the psi 15 lbs
2. go drive the Jeep a block or two
3. fille the tires up exactly to the door placard.
4. go drive again and they should register fairly quickly.

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
You have to have a programmer to turn it off. JScan, tazer or something.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
The guy said they don’t have sensors in them. The valve stems were the ones that have the TPMS. I am just wanting turn off the TPMS or reset it
No such thing. TPMS sensors is attached to the valve. They either have TPMS or they don’t.

If you don’t have TPMS and want the light off then you need a Tazer or such to turn off the light.

OP
OP

Deleted member 43521

I am guessing they have TPMS as the valve stems are the ones that are attached to TPMS

OP
OP

Deleted member 43521

No such thing. TPMS sensors is attached to the valve. They either have TPMS or they don’t.

If you don’t have TPMS and want the light off then you need a Tazer or such to turn off the light.
Yes the valves are the seated ones that are typically Attached to TPMS

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 43521

Not an indicator. Rubber stems. You wouldn’t know from looking at the stem.
From what I researched the standard valve stem is different than the one that is with TPMS. It is not a straight valve stem, it is shouldered after the threads. I am new to all this technology stuff. 21 years military mechanic. I know all about run flats, CTIS, etc

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So, either you have sensors in the tires or you don't. The fact that all 5 tires are warning you, tells me you do not have TPMS sensors, a couple can die, but all 5? I doubt it (the valve stem logic, I dont follow it/understand it).

Assuming you don't have sensors, if you want to stop the warnings, you either get TPMS sensors
option 1. buy TPMS sensors and get them installed in the rims
option 2. you get the old TPMS sensors removed from your old rims and have them put on your new rims
or you buy a programmer and turn off the warnings and go on your merry way without TPMS sensors.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR