Tpms light on but all sensors show

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
Had my stock sensors switched Into my cooper AT3. They seem to go on and off but when all four show, the sensor light turns off. Starting today the light stays on despite all four readings. Ideas?

A7275570-1D6B-4B4A-8F55-B6039B3AD73B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Wtf. Well we will see. On a funny note my Jeep dealer said all off-road tires cause this and every Jeep with them will have the light on. Dying.
This seems to be a slightly different problem, but still related to the TPMS throwing a warning when the sensors show otherwise. I cleared mine by puffing the tires up higher than where the warning is (about 38) & then aired back down to a comfy place.

And your dealer is full of Sugar, Honey, Iced Tea.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I went up tp Yosemite and over the back tTioga entrance. When I left I had 37 psi. Now that I am back at sea level they only get up to34. Psi but here is the weirder part. All are at 33-34. Started out that one inductor was red and the others normal. Now 3 are red and one normal ? Why? Thinking of getting a tazer. But should I go with the mini or full size?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I went up tp Yosemite and over the back tTioga entrance. When I left I had 37 psi. Now that I am back at sea level they only get up to34. Psi but here is the weirder part. All are at 33-34. Started out that one inductor was red and the others normal. Now 3 are red and one normal ? Why? Thinking of getting a tazer. But should I go with the mini or full size?
I used the Tazer to drop the tpms threshold to 25psi, because the 315 ko2's seem to like 30psi cold. Otherwise, the dash light would be lit and I get the message saying to inflate tires to 37.

I chose the mini because it's left plugged in full time, which allows use of "live features" like ess kill, trac kill, and lockers in all drive modes. Being plugged in full time, my obd port is open and the having the full size tazer there would protrude from the bottom of the dash.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I ordered a tazer haven’t installed because I need some dealer work done. However the tpms is on the jeep is crazy. So all my tiers are at 31 cold. But only the front left pressure is in red . Then the other day the light went off and all sensors showed 32 psi but all were white. Then back to the left front being red and the rest white. And some other variations. Some red some white always well below 37 psi. Any idea why this is happening?

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I had these issues. I aired up to at least 37 on each tire, drove it around and it cleared, then I dropped back down to 33.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
When aired down or new (triggering a sensor), you need to air back up to at least 36 or 37psi on all. It will turn off and then you can air down wherever. This happens whenever we air down for the trails.
Sponsored