TPMS Issue

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Having an issue with my TPMS where the warning light is flashing then goes steady. Doesn’t appear there’s any actual issues with reading the pressure, as all 4 tires are accurate measured against a pressure gauge (and the correct pressures). It also respond to pressure changes for all tires. I’ve got 35’s on my 2021 JLUR and a Tazer. Any ideas on what to check/do?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
We need more info like:

Are wheels factory ?
Are the TPMS sensors the original factory ones ?

The flashing of the TPMS alert is normal when there is a malfunction, I call it the idiot light, what I went to 35’s and used after market sensors all pressure read normal but the light would go steady after blinking for like 30 secs and other than the idiot light all worked so I put in different sensors and all worked for awhile then another set and they worked most of the time.

In the end I ended up turning of the TPMS system as I air up/down to much and with the low pressure I run it’s just a pain for me.

There are good, better and best sensors but to give you the best answer we all need to know if all equipment is factory with exception to the larger tires this will allow you to get better answers to correct.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheels and sensors are not factory. They had no issues for the past 9 months but now this is happening. I have been airing up/down a lot more lately, so maybe that is playing into it somehow. Dunno. I know the pressures are correct, it’s just annoying.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
The wheels and sensors are not factory. They had no issues for the past 9 months but now this is happening. I have been airing up/down a lot more lately, so maybe that is playing into it somehow. Dunno. I know the pressures are correct, it’s just annoying.
When was your 21 built? We are seeing a TPMS change on about 06/07 production. If you have the wrong sensors in they can do what you are describing. It is a complete shit show with TPMS on the 21's. Some got Schrader 29093, some got Schrader 29057 and some got a completely different brand in Continental/VDO.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When was your 21 built? We are seeing a TPMS change on about 06/07 production. If you have the wrong sensors in they can do what you are describing. It is a complete shit show with TPMS on the 21's. Some got Schrader 29093, some got Schrader 29057 and some got a completely different brand in Continental/VDO.
Mine was built in Oct of ‘20. Any fix for this other than switching out the sensors?

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue with aftermarket wheels, tires and sensors and I got tired of chasing Alice down that rabbit hole so I turned my TPMS system off, I really never miss it and maybe when I need new rubber I will spend the coin one more time to see if I can get a set that works but right now I’m good to go.

@Goin2drt is the TPMS guru and will fix you up with the right info and get you going to correct.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Mine was built in Oct of ‘20. Any fix for this other than switching out the sensors?
You can DM me as well for support however...

Ok you were built in late 20. You for sure are a 29093., also 20398 will work just won't have TFA.

Where did you get the sensors from or what vehicle off of? I am trying to understand first of all if you have the correct sensors.

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
I had the same issue with aftermarket wheels, tires and sensors and I got tired of chasing Alice down that rabbit hole so I turned my TPMS system off, I really never miss it and maybe when I need new rubber I will spend the coin one more time to see if I can get a set that works but right now I’m good to go.

@Goin2drt is the TPMS guru and will fix you up with the right info and get you going to correct.
That’s exactly what I will do.
And ur correct @Goin2drt is the man!

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
If you don't mind a little piggyback here, hate to make a whole new thread...

July 2021 build Rubicon, just got new wheels and tires put in at Discount Tire, factory TPMS sensors purchased from TPMSBargains (Schrader 29093). I've had Discount Tire reset the sensors twice, Jeep is still refusing to pick them up. I've put about 500 miles on them and pretty much at a loss on how to fix it.

Edit: dealer got back to me and gave me a new part number for late 2021 builds.
68339096AB (Schrader 29057)

Last edited:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Get used to it, aftermarket wheels (often) move the sensors out to far to get a good enough signal for the system to be happy, although the pressure reading will be accurate. I've had that light for over two years, and mine did the same thing, worked for a few months and then got the light forevermore. I think when the batteries are brand new they may give just a strong enough signal to keep the receivers happy, but as the voltage goes down slowly over time it gets too weak. I didn't install TPMS sensors in my new wheels that are waiting to go on.

Sponsored

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get used to it, aftermarket wheels (often) move the sensors out to far to get a good enough signal for the system to be happy, although the pressure reading will be accurate. I've had that light for over two years, and mine did the same thing, worked for a few months and then got the light forevermore. I think when the batteries are brand new they may give just a strong enough signal to keep the receivers happy, but as the voltage goes down slowly over time it gets too weak. I didn't install TPMS sensors in my new wheels that are waiting to go on.
You just turn off the light with Tazer? Been looking for an excuse to buy one.....

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You just turn off the light with Tazer? Been looking for an excuse to buy one.....
Nah, I just tolerate it (the light) because I still have pressure display. I will turn it off with flashcal when I install wheels without sensors, same thing as tazer. Please note, when you turn it off you are turning off TPMS all together, no light, no pressure display, nada.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
If you don't mind a little piggyback here, hate to make a whole new thread...

July 2021 build Rubicon, just got new wheels and tires put in at Discount Tire, factory TPMS sensors purchased from TPMSBargains (Schrader 29093). I've had Discount Tire reset the sensors twice, Jeep is still refusing to pick them up. I've put about 500 miles on them and pretty much at a loss on how to fix it.

Edit: dealer got back to me and gave me a new part number for late 2021 builds.
68339096AB (Schrader 29057)
I have the 68339096AB's showing up today. Mine was built 6/17, per Mopar they changed to this number on 6/5 builds. Hope it's correct. I wanted to leave the stock 392 wheels and tires as is for remount or resale.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 68339096AB's showing up today. Mine was built 6/17, per Mopar they changed to this number on 6/5 builds. Hope it's correct. I wanted to leave the stock 392 wheels and tires as is for remount or resale.
That is exactly why I left my original wheels/tires as is as well. Sold them on FB in less than 12hrs.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
That is exactly why I left my original wheels/tires as is as well. Sold them on FB in less than 12hrs.
What's a good asking price? They will have about 200 miles on them. I have never posted anything for sale on Facebook.
Sponsored