TPMS Issue/Question?

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
So after I swapped out my stock wheels for Fuel, I opted to get new tpms for the new wheels and tires. They seemed to learn instantly. Unfortunately after about 20 minutes of driving the front two read no pressure and the light started to flash. 5 minutes later they read fine and the light went off. After about a week of this happening the light just stayed on regardless if the pressure was reading or not. I took it back to the shop where they rotated the fronts to back and again the same thing happened. They thought maybe the sensors were faulty so they replaced them. Same thing is going on with brand new sensors and its always the same two wheels. Ill start my morning drive, they read fine, they go out and come back on. Never loses the pressure after that but the light stays on now. Is there a way to factory reset the system so all 4 wheels relearn?
Sponsored

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker, 2013 Chrysler 300S
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase
So after I swapped out my stock wheels for Fuel, I opted to get new tpms for the new wheels and tires. They seemed to learn instantly. Unfortunately after about 20 minutes of driving the front two read no pressure and the light started to flash. 5 minutes later they read fine and the light went off. After about a week of this happening the light just stayed on regardless if the pressure was reading or not. I took it back to the shop where they rotated the fronts to back and again the same thing happened. They thought maybe the sensors were faulty so they replaced them. Same thing is going on with brand new sensors and its always the same two wheels. Ill start my morning drive, they read fine, they go out and come back on. Never loses the pressure after that but the light stays on now. Is there a way to factory reset the system so all 4 wheels relearn?
I bought my setup from Customwheeloffset.com, with their recommended TPMS sensors. After install of the new wheels, it took my system less than 20 miles to register and report. I have had no issues moving forward. What I purchased is below. The other information was pulled from another forum post, but I did not copy the link and it's only included as a comparison. I hope it helps you out.

My setup

(4) D56420007347 Black Flake Fuel Beast 20x10 -18 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Stock 5x5,5x127
(4) 215-220 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/55 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Stock 5x5,5x127
(4) Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors (RDE036V21)

Forum post

"TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) Sensors on a JL are the same part # as a 2010-18 JK --- My apologies, 68241067AB is the tpms sensor. I did a cursory look and that part has been used by mopar in some fashion since 2010. But as four low posted, 68241067AB is 433mhz and has only been used on Wranglers since 2013, before that sensors were 315mhz

But 68241067AB is the sensor listed for JL Wranglers, so those ARE the same as 2013 & newer Wranglers"

OP
OP
turnkey

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I bought my setup from Customwheeloffset.com, with their recommended TPMS sensors. After install of the new wheels, it took my system less than 20 miles to register and report. I have had no issues moving forward. What I purchased is below. The other information was pulled from another forum post, but I did not copy the link and it's only included as a comparison. I hope it helps you out.

My setup

(4) D56420007347 Black Flake Fuel Beast 20x10 -18 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Stock 5x5,5x127
(4) 215-220 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/55 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4WD Stock 5x5,5x127
(4) Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors (RDE036V21)

Forum post

"TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) Sensors on a JL are the same part # as a 2010-18 JK --- My apologies, 68241067AB is the tpms sensor. I did a cursory look and that part has been used by mopar in some fashion since 2010. But as four low posted, 68241067AB is 433mhz and has only been used on Wranglers since 2013, before that sensors were 315mhz

But 68241067AB is the sensor listed for JL Wranglers, so those ARE the same as 2013 & newer Wranglers"
what is odd is that two report and never go out. the other two report and everytime i start it, after about 20 minutes they go out, come back on after about 3 to 5 minutes and report again. all psi is correct as well.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Were your second set of sensors OEM or aftermarket?

Have you tried putting your old wheels back on with your old sensors to see what happens, or did you already sell them?

ittessor

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker, 2013 Chrysler 300S
Occupation
IT PRO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnkey

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Were your second set of sensors OEM or aftermarket?

Have you tried putting your old wheels back on with your old sensors to see what happens, or did you already sell them?
They are aftermarket. My friend just got the software update for the machine two days ago. He wants to try and reprogram them. I still have the OEM wheels and sensors. Thats our last resort.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
They are aftermarket. My friend just got the software update for the machine two days ago. He wants to try and reprogram them. I still have the OEM wheels and sensors. Thats our last resort.
Try putting the original tires back on, so that you know if it's a problem with the new sensors or if something went wrong with the pickups or system on the vehicle.

OP
OP
turnkey

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Try putting the original tires back on, so that you know if it's a problem with the new sensors or if something went wrong with the pickups or system on the vehicle.
Now that you say that, I'm wondering if driving 18 miles with all 5 other wheels in the back bugged the computer

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Now that you say that, I'm wondering if driving 18 miles with all 5 other wheels in the back bugged the computer
But they should still reset themselves after you garage the old tires and go driving for a bit again.

Are you parking overnight close to the old tires?

OP
OP
turnkey

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
But they should still reset themselves after you garage the old tires and go driving for a bit again.

Are you parking overnight close to the old tires?
Not really. Maybe 40 to 50 ft away

Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
just a thought, do you have the old wheels/tires in front of the jeep....it may be detecting those TPMS when you park and then has trouble switching back and forth

OP
OP
turnkey

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
just a thought, do you have the old wheels/tires in front of the jeep....it may be detecting those TPMS when you park and then has trouble switching back and forth
Problem was solved. The aftermarket stuff i got did not have a software update for the newest models. Once they got their update and reprogrammed the sensors all was good.

Ramandeep.singh

First Name
Ramandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hi Guys,
I am from Toronto, Ontario and have a question for you all. Temperature just dropped to -15 degree Celsius and i can see that my TPMS sensor started showing Low tire pressure in 1 of the tires and i filled in some air and it got fixed after i drove 2 to 3 miles. Almost inflated it too 2.9 and it was rear right tire. In the next morning with temperature still same it came back again for both front tires. I know air has moisture and this is first winter of my jeep. Any suggestion what to do? Should i just fill them as well or contact Dealer? Thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Ramandeep.singh

Suggest you stop fooling with it "I added some air" ...

This morning, or tomorrow morning, before driving the vehicle, set all psi's to the proper psi and then that is it.

Do this and you should see, psi going up and down a bit but no dash warning lights for low pressure.

Now, when warm weather returns in late Spring/ Summer do as I said once again.

-Remember, don't keep, willy nilly, adding or letting air out-

Sponsored