TPMS in my new wheels seem to be reading high

01tj

First Name
jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
After putting my new wheels and tires on I used a gauge and lowered the pressure to about 38. I went to work and home yesterday and the dash display showed 45 per tire. I lowered it more but I'm still showing 42, does something need adjusted.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sport s 2017 GMC Acadia
Are you looking at the display after driving? Once the tires warm up it’ll show a higher air pressure. Check the display when first starting the vehicle after sitting overnight. That will be your cold tire pressure and when you should be airing the tires to what you want. Once they are warmed up the pressure will always be higher.

OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
Are you looking at the display after driving? Once the tires warm up it’ll show a higher air pressure. Check the display when first starting the vehicle after sitting overnight. That will be your cold tire pressure and when you should be airing the tires to what you want. Once they are warmed up the pressure will always be higher.

It goes up a few after driving. This morning when I left the house it read 43 and after 10-15 minutes of driving it was 45. I went into the store and picked up a new tire gauge and it showed 38. Got in the Jeep and I'm back to 43

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sport s 2017 GMC Acadia
It goes up a few after driving. This morning when I left the house it read 43 and after 10-15 minutes of driving it was 45. I went into the store and picked up a new tire gauge and it showed 38. Got in the Jeep and I'm back to 43
That’s new to me. Honestly have no clue why that would be doing it. I’d think like you and say possible sensors.

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement