OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
If they're guaranteed to work on my post 6/'21 I'll take the set of 5
We guarantee that you will get new Schrader 33500 TPMS programmed for a post 6/21 JL and ready to install. However unless you get them installed at a reputable installer in KY or CA (that we know) then no guarantee on install. Way too many tire shops that do not know what they are doing with TPMS. Just an example today a guy on here had a shop tell him "Jeep is only capable of holding 5 TPMS in its memory. They want me to go to a Jeep dealer and have them erase the 5 previous TPMS that are in memory" . No such thing. They could also try to PROGRAM the sensors that are already programmed and delete the protocol.

Trust me our reputation speaks for itself but asking us to guarantee a tire shops work, we will not do. Since 2005 we have seen and heard it all in terms of TPMS.

Snazzdad

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I have a 2021 Wrangler built 6/21 that I have been having the same fun with the TPMS sensors as the rest of you. I called the dealership today and they used my VIN and confirmed I originally had the newer (after 6/21) style sensor. The shop that installed my wheels installed Max brand sensors which I guess are programmable. At the time, they programmed it for before 6/21 and hopefully they just need to reprogram it for after 6/21. Has anyone heard of this brand and did it work on yours?https://www.max-sensor.com/

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2021 Wrangler built 6/21 that I have been having the same fun with the TPMS sensors as the rest of you. I called the dealership today and they used my VIN and confirmed I originally had the newer (after 6/21) style sensor. The shop that installed my wheels installed Max brand sensors which I guess are programmable. At the time, they programmed it for before 6/21 and hopefully they just need to reprogram it for after 6/21. Has anyone heard of this brand and did it work on yours?https://www.max-sensor.com/
Yes and as of today they do not have the protocol for the newer version. Only Schrader does for their programmable. Other option is OE sensor. These will NOT be able to "just be re-programmed" for the newer protocol. Hope that helps.

Snazzdad

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Dangit, well I read through the entire thread so I was afraid you might tell me that the Max Brand will not work. Fortunately, I still have the original wheels/sensors so I will probably get them to swap those in if they cannot get the Max sensors to work. I would have thought the tire shop. would have run into this before as they do a pretty good volume of Jeeps. Thanks for your expert guidance!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I am bring this thread back to life instead of a new one. My 2021 was built in September, so I need the 433Mhz. Can anyone give me a reason not to order 4 for the price of a single that is slinked so far? Looking at this as an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-56029398AB-68142397AA-68241067AA-68241067AB/dp/B085RRPM62/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2W9OZS07CE5Q9&keywords=433+mhz+tpms+jeep&qid=1674664251&sprefix=jeep+tpms+433,aps,125&sr=8-4
1) you need part - 68339096AB Just because it says 433mhz and Jeep does not mean that all 433mhz sensors are the same protocol.
2) those are a no name Chinese product so good luck on the length they will last not to mention many Chinese sensors do not have to go through the true regulations a sensor has to to acquire a FCC id
3) zero support from the seller or manufacturer
4) lastly for the new 6/21 and newer Jeeps you have 3 options right now and only three options. 1) Buy OE TPMS from a dealer. 2)buy OEM sensors from a secondary seller that is selling actual OEM sensors 3)buy Schrader 33500 from a TPMS shop that has the latest firmware in their updated TPMS tool so they can program a 33500 with the 68339096AB protocol. They would have had to buy/update their tool post around 10/15/22 or so.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
1) you need part - 68339096AB Just because it says 433mhz and Jeep does not mean that all 433mhz sensors are the same protocol.
2) those are a no name Chinese product so good luck on the length they will last not to mention many Chinese sensors do not have to go through the true regulations a sensor has to to acquire a FCC id
3) zero support from the seller or manufacturer
4) lastly for the new 6/21 and newer Jeeps you have 3 options right now and only three options. 1) Buy OE TPMS from a dealer. 2)buy OEM sensors from a secondary seller that is selling actual OEM sensors 3)buy Schrader 33500 from a TPMS shop that has the latest firmware in their updated TPMS tool so they can program a 33500 with the 68339096AB protocol. They would have had to buy/update their tool post around 10/15/22 or so.
Convinced me. Thanks!

shadango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T
Reviving this thread because it seems to have the moat knowledgeable folks....

I have a 2021 JL made in 12/20

The 06/21 JLs til current use the "conti" sensors whereas mine uses the "Schrader".....

That said......as of now, is there anyway for the dealer to reprogram the newer Conti sensors to the older JLs using Schrader?

I want to pickup some rubicon 285 75 17 (??) tire and wheel takeoffs to go on my 80th anniversary sport 2 door since i am told they will fit fine.....

but the longer i look the less likely it will be to find a deal that will have the tpms sensors that i need already installed.....

Breaking down the tires of the takeoffs and buying new sensors will probably offset any savings in buying takeoffs.....

Finding takeoffs from pre-06/21 models seem to get harder each day for obvious reasons.

Why did they have to do this...lol..really makes it harder to find deals.

Sponsored

shadango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T
@shadango it cannot be done. You will need the proper sensors for your year. You cannot “reprogram” the Conti sensor to work for your year.
Yeah i was figuring that....but hoping Chrysler may have thought ahead a little.

These mid year changes are real pita......

Thanks for confirming that.....

Its funny how we get spoiled.....never needed tpms in decades of driving and many vehicles.....but now i would hate to not have it when possible.....i even added it to my motorcycle....but those are easy and go on the valve stems.....

My old cars dont have it and its easy to forget to check the air pressure regularly.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@shadango yeah FCA is actually one of the best for never doing any mid year or even mid model changes. They like to use the same part for years and have used Schrader forever. Problem was part shortage during COVID and you have to do what you have to do. Conti got lucky to have a part ready to go. Now you want a mess go get yourself a BMW. They do mid year AND mid model changes. Toyota is even worse. They do same year, same model and will use two or even three different part# TPMS so the only way you know what you have to to check the VIN.

shadango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T
Yeah i was figuring that....but hoping Chrysler may have thought ahead a little.

These mid year changes are real pita......

Thanks for confirming that.....

Its funny how we get spoiled.....never needed tpms in decades of driving and many vehicles.....but now i would hate to not have it when possible.....i even added it to my motorcycle....but those are easy and go on the valve stems.....

My old cars dont have it and its easy to forget to check the air pressure regularly.
It figures Chrysler would break the norm when it affects me......lol.

I always seem to get the oddities....lol

shadango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T
@shadango it cannot be done. You will need the proper sensors for your year. You cannot “reprogram” the Conti sensor to work for your year.
Thanks!!

Looking at your site at the #29093 Schrader " set of 4 oe 433mhz part #68464665aa".....

Are these "plug and play" and the same as the dealer supplied ones?

Just install them, drive the jeep and the sensors will register and work just like the ones from the dealer? Or do i still need a dealer to do something?

Also, i need a fifth one. Just order a single one of the same number or do you have a kit of 5 somewhere?

And what is the option "silver" referring to...the valve stem?

And are they in stick to ship immediately?

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!!

Looking at your site at the #29093 Schrader " set of 4 oe 433mhz part #68464665aa".....

Are these "plug and play" and the same as the dealer supplied ones?

Just install them, drive the jeep and the sensors will register and work just like the ones from the dealer? Or do i still need a dealer to do something?

Also, i need a fifth one. Just order a single one of the same number or do you have a kit of 5 somewhere?

And what is the option "silver" referring to...the valve stem?

And are they in stick to ship immediately?
Yes they are plug and play. Install and drive. Silver is the valve stem. All in stock. Cheers.
Sponsored