Sponsored

TPMS for 06/05/21 and newer JL's

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
yep thanks, this is what we did and not 300 ft down the road and the Jeep picked them up.

Complicating the issue was their hand scanner couldn’t connect to the Jeep computer. They were thinking they could connect to the ODB port and reprogram for the new sensors.

Out of curiosity, how do you know so much about these sensors?
@BDinTX

@Goin2drt ........ runs the website https://www.tpmsbargains.com

He is a fellow JL Owner.... and is very very knowledgeable in regard to TPMS and more....

As a vendor of TPMS, he is known to sell non counterfeit, fresh stock, etc.. His Customer Service is excellent.

He is my go to for TPMS related info and my go to in regard to buying TPMS sensors.. I only shop/buy at https://www.tpmsbargains.com .

Sponsored

BlueBump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In reading through this thread unclear what i need to do….Changed my Sport S stocks to Sport Altitude stocks and this error is occurring…do i need to take to dealer to reset this or is there is a “simple” alternative? What it seems is need to go to dealer?

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
In reading through this thread unclear what i need to do….Changed my Sport S stocks to Sport Altitude stocks and this error is occurring…do i need to take to dealer to reset this or is there is a “simple” alternative? What it seems is need to go to dealer?
Model designation has nothing to do with it. What are the years and build dates of the two Jeeps?

I am assuming one was before 6/5 and the other is after 6/5 hence a completely different sensor so you need to swap them out.

BlueBump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Model designation has nothing to do with it. What are the years and build dates of the two Jeeps?

I am assuming one was before 6/5 and the other is after 6/5 hence a completely different sensor so you need to swap them out.
Yes, i am going to assume the tires and wheels that i bought to replace my stock that were altitude take offs were pre-6/5 and i my stocks that i took off were definitely post-6/5…does this mean make an appt with the dealer?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Just an update -
‘21 JLUR (March of 21 build) - stock wheels
Had new tires installed earlier this month, kept the OEM TPMS on the stock wheels.
After driving away from the shop, the TPMS dropped out completely.
Drove the Jeep that way until today and the TPMS never “woke up”.

Took it in to the dealership today. They scanned the TPMS, plugged the scanner in to the OBD port and they’re back. Stayed functional the entire way home.

No more TPMS warning
No more yellow deflated tire on the dash.

Sponsored

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Just an update -
‘21 JLUR (March of 21 build) - stock wheels
Had new tires installed earlier this month, kept the OEM TPMS on the stock wheels.
After driving away from the shop, the TPMS dropped out completely.
Drove the Jeep that way until today and the TPMS never “woke up”.

Took it in to the dealership today. They scanned the TPMS, plugged the scanner in to the OBD port and they’re back. Stayed functional the entire way home.

No more TPMS warning
No more yellow deflated tire on the dash.
what did the dealership charge?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS for 06/05/21 and newer JL's 1AC89FF1-A786-4E0E-A008-7D0266918B08
Fixed. If anyone needs some “new” Schrader 29093s and/or 29057s - that need new valve stems - on the cheap, let me know.
Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS for 06/05/21 and newer JL's 167AC909-91FA-4F63-BC24-9175F1AF28EB

cpinpc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Eco Diesel
We are currently dealing with this TPMS debacle for our Sept 2021 Build Date JLU with upgraded tires/wheels. We did not save the sensors from the stock wheels/tires which we sold. We've gone through 2 different aftermarket sensors that Quadratec sent us to install, and none have worked. It's 180$ every time we have the tire shop try to change these out.

Now we have purchased from the dealer using our VIN number the (hopefully Conti not Schrader) 68339096AB part to try. Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see if the sensors will work (either with a scanning tool or by just setting them in the jeep since they are auto learning) BEFORE you install them inside the wheels? Breaking the seals and reinstalling for a third time only to find that they too may not work will be a real blow.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are currently dealing with this TPMS debacle for our Sept 2021 Build Date JLU with upgraded tires/wheels. We did not save the sensors from the stock wheels/tires which we sold. We've gone through 2 different aftermarket sensors that Quadratec sent us to install, and none have worked. It's 180$ every time we have the tire shop try to change these out.

Now we have purchased from the dealer using our VIN number the (hopefully Conti not Schrader) 68339096AB part to try. Does anyone know if there is a way to check to see if the sensors will work (either with a scanning tool or by just setting them in the jeep since they are auto learning) BEFORE you install them inside the wheels? Breaking the seals and reinstalling for a third time only to find that they too may not work will be a real blow.
Sensors have to be under pressure but if you have the Conti they will work.

Sponsored

cpinpc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Eco Diesel
Sensors have to be under pressure but if you have the Conti they will work.
So your thought is - no you can’t test them without installing, but don’t bother unless you get the conti senesors bc nothing else will work? Qat just overnighted 5 more sensors, but looks like they are the same PDQ sensors that likey won’t work
Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS for 06/05/21 and newer JL's FDE08998-B8B7-49BB-A853-24713971B8AD

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your thought is - no you can’t test them without installing, but don’t bother unless you get the conti senesors bc nothing else will work? Qat just overnighted 5 more sensors, but looks like they are the same PDQ sensors that likey won’t work
Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS for 06/05/21 and newer JL's FDE08998-B8B7-49BB-A853-24713971B8AD
I can promise you with 100% certainty that IF you have the OE Conti sensor then the ONLY sensor that will work is the Conti sensor from the dealer. Actual Mopar part. Zero aftermarket options have been released. Conti can’t keep up with demand so they are not sending any sensors out other than Jeep manufacturing and allocations to the dealer. Also the “protocol” has not yet been released to PROGRAM any other programmable sensor to work. We talk to them weekly.

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
I am having the same Problems as everyone else…stock wheel/tire combo Tpms worked fine from a May build date…Put on Willy’s wheel/tire combo from a post June build…sensors never synced up…I still have the stock tires off my 4xe…am I right in thinking that if I take those to the dealer and have them swap the sensors,everything will sync back up?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I am having the same Problems as everyone else…stock wheel/tire combo Tpms worked fine from a May build date…Put on Willy’s wheel/tire combo from a post June build…sensors never synced up…I still have the stock tires off my 4xe…am I right in thinking that if I take those to the dealer and have them swap the sensors,everything will sync back up?
yep. You’ll also have a set of continental tpms sensors that a couple of folks in this thread would probably be grateful if you were interested in parting with them.
Sponsored