TPMS advice

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
Maybe someone smarter than I am can help me figure this one out. I am trying to get the TPMS working on my new wheels, and it has been pretty frustrating.

I purchased what are supposed to be 5 new Mopar sensors from a vendor on Amazon. I installed them on my KMC 231s, then mounted some 37x12.5x17 inch Cooper STT Pros. I used a Taser to lower the threshold to 20 psi, inflated the tires to 25 psi. I drove it around for a while, the driver front sensor was reading, but none of the rest would read. The next day the passenger front started reading, but the rears wouldn't read. I took them to my local Discount, they said they could get a signal from 4 of the wheels, but couldn't read the 5th. I moved that one to the spare.

I drove the Jeep for a month like that, the rears never read. In order to try something, I put the original wheels and tires back on, drove it and all 4 wheels were reading in 10 minutes. I pulled them back off, put the beadlocks on, this time putting the front wheels in the back and the backs in the front. After about 15 minutes of driving the driver front started reading, but none of the other 3 sensors are reading as of today.

I have no idea where to proceed. The TMPS system in the Jeep seems to be working, as the stock wheels read in only 10 minutes of driving. The new wheels seem to have a signal (well 4/5 do), but the Jeep isn't reading most of them- only the driver front. Is it the sensors not sending out a strong enough signal so the Jeep doesn't read them? Maybe low batteries? Or is it the backspacing of the new wheels and larger tires putting the sensors further away from the Jeep so it can't read them?

Any advice on which way I should proceed?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I went thru kinda the same thing as I sold my original wheels and sensors and all I can tell you is I had to go thru 2 different OEM sensor sets before I got ones that worked but it took them awhile to read, it may be the sensors even though they are putting out a signal but then it also could be the way the sensor mounts in the new wheel

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

bigsteiner5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Chevy suburban 1995.5 s6
Occupation
Project manager
I had auto addictions/jack williams in Allentown pa install my tpms and mount and balance my 37” coopers. I bought the sensors off of eBay that @TTEChris recommended in another thread. The guys at the shop said they were a schrader sensors and couldn’t believe I got 5/$55.
Now knock on wood but I’ve had them installed for over a month with no problems and the Jeep reads them right away. I do have the tpms light on as I have the pressure set to 26/27 depending on temperature but I will be getting a tazer in the next few days. But it did read the pressure as I dropped it from 37-32-29-26 over a few days. The offset of my wheels is +10.
I did also read that a build date might affect the sensors? I think I have an earlier build since I bought it last February so not sure if that has anything to do w it.

54DB04CB-8098-49FD-B58D-400F4006A564.png
Sponsored